FCA Holiday dinner - DEC 14 @ Luciano's | Page 2 | FerrariChat

FCA Holiday dinner - DEC 14 @ Luciano's

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by spirot, Dec 3, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kaamacat

kaamacat Formula 3

Jun 13, 2004
    Cumming GA
    Full Name:
    BobR
    Vicky and I will definately be there!

And the rest of you need to come also, to uphold that time-honored-tradition of wishing the new
    F-Car owner(s) well, buying all of the drinks, dinner and tip......plus posting an armed guard outside
    to watch the car.

BobR

2. Lanikai

Lanikai Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Will Campbell
    Bob, glad you both will make it. The last Lucianos dinner was big fun. See you there. Will

3. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I'm with you Will... if you want to come on ... come on!

Its the folks that make or break the club. and we need folks!

4. atlantaman

atlantaman Formula 3

Mar 31, 2002
    Roswell, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Charles
    Once again I am having to go thru this...

A) It is my job to promote the FCA. I spend a LOT of time each year putting together functions and events. Without members joining, the FCA will not have the backing to underwrite and insure many of these events. Therefore the FCA has been very clear about having all the events FCA only or adding a very substantial penalty for non-members that are invited. It is never to be just opened to the public and I have to agree with this. We will and do invite certain people that are non-members to come to events, but generally they end up joining anyway.

B) There are certain people in here that criticize me and my efforts to build membership and host events. This alone is a good reason that this is an FCA only event! If you are going to bad mouth me and call me Ebeneezer--then the FCA and I certainly do not want you at our events.

For this event, there are a few non-members that would be welcome to attend, but like any FCA function, it is not an open to just anyone.

5. kaamacat

kaamacat Formula 3

Jun 13, 2004
    Cumming GA
    Full Name:
    BobR
    Charles....... Hey........ I sure hope you took the EB posting in pure jest.........and if not, then I do apologize it was taken
    that way.

As you well know, whether it be a car show, drive in the mountains, or event like this...........we all lighten-up-a-little, and
    IMHO that is how we ended up with 20cars and 30people at the most recent drive that Tom had posted up. And, only 1/2 of
    those were F-Car drivers......and +1 with me since this past weekend.

BobR

6. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    I understand both sides of the argument. That's why I recommended that non-FCA members be allowed to attend as long as they pay a cover charge and FCA membership applications be given out at the dinner. Will that work Charles?

7. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike

I've felt your pain Charles. It's a thankless job and at the end of the day, you can only please some of the people some of the time and for some reason people take more opportunity to tell you what you're doing wrong, as opposed to recognizing what you are doing right.

I would love to join you guys this weekend to hear more about the FCA and get know you guys better, however, our schedule won't permit. I'm going to try to make it up to Norman's Landing on Saturday.

I do believe based on the posts that I read that most of the bantor has been in good fun. I know that boosting membership and getting participation in these tough economic times will continue and become more of a challenge for the club. There seems to be a really good core group of people that are quite active, so that at least is a great sign.

Mike
    former VP FOC - Michigan Region (<-- My wife really likes the 'Former' aspect of that!) :)

8. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    In that case, you won't see me at Luciano's. Instead, I think I'll try the "other" Sugo, the one in Roswell by the clock tower. You enjoy your dinner, and I'll enjoy mine.....

9. elgin328

elgin328 Formula 3

Apr 11, 2004
    near Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #34 elgin328, Dec 10, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2008
    Tom, since this was supposed to be a FCA event (only) (which I am a member)... why don't we hold our on event OR have a alt. club.... FERRARI CHAT SOUTHEAST REGION.

I'm NOT running for office & I have a few things I want to say...

1. Tom started this thread & invited everyone to come... so there you go... end of story!

2. I & others are sick & tired of the attitude & the lack of respect the south reigon has for others. (always negitive)

3. Quote "There are certain people in here that criticize me and my efforts to build membership and host events. This alone is a good reason that this is an FCA only event! If you are going to bad mouth me and call me Ebeneezer--then the FCA and I certainly do not want you at our events."

Grow up.... It works both ways... most if not all of us do NOT want to be around this type of attitude.

4. Quote "For this event, there are a few non-members that would be welcome to attend, but like any FCA function, it is not an open to just anyone"

Who decides who can come & who cannot? YOU? LOL!!!!!

5. no one on this site are children... to get respect you GIVE respect

6. I am a member but if you think I'm going to pay 135.00 per yr. & put up with this %&#@ get a life.

10. allans

allans Karting

Dec 19, 2003
    roswell, ga
    Full Name:
    allan
    Hi Everyone, Just a take off on the above, but why don't we have a COMBINED FCA Ferrari Chat dinner then everyone can be happy. We can then all work together to come to some common ground. Best, Allan

11. Lanikai

Lanikai Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Will Campbell
    All I can say is that i'm glad it's Christmas given the year we have all had. I will be there, with my bride and my beer goggles. Hope to see you all there. Best, Will

12. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Tom and I were just talking about this problem last weekend. Its a darn shame, back in the 90s, the Ferrari Club was the place to be!! Now it just seems to be a dictatorship.

13. allans

allans Karting

Dec 19, 2003
    roswell, ga
    Full Name:
    allan
    There's no point in calling names, let's just have a "combined" event and all celebrate the Holiday's together. Best, Allan

14. cheddah

cheddah Karting

Jan 8, 2004
    #39 cheddah, Dec 11, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2008
    I'm counting about 11 people for the dinner, count me as the 12th apostle.....

:)

Greg Parris

15. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    Amen to that Allan. We have 20 seats all togehter.

16. atlantaman

atlantaman Formula 3

Mar 31, 2002
    Roswell, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Charles
    Kin Mitra is the one that started this off--but since he was out of town traveling and I was out of the country, we asked Tom to "round up the troops".

The Ferrari Chat has nothing to do with the FCA. It is simply a convenient advertising spot.

17. kaamacat

kaamacat Formula 3

Jun 13, 2004
    Cumming GA
    Full Name:
    BobR
    Vicky and I are looking forward to it! (It was great to see everone this weekend @ FOA, was almost like a
    Giovanni's event..........ahhhhh-those-were-the-days). Would be great to see everyone one-more-time, before
    the holiday season and travel to see family kick into gear.

(See, even during the holidays the word "gear" has meaning)!

18. allans

allans Karting

Dec 19, 2003
    roswell, ga
    Full Name:
    allan
    Hi Everyone, Julie and I will be there, hope to see you all there. Allan

19. vee12

vee12 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2008
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Les
    Leisha and I will be there. Just joined FCA last week after the FOA event last Saturday.

Les

20. WaltP

WaltP Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Cape Canaveral/Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Walt P
    #45 WaltP, Dec 11, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2008
    So what are you trying to say Charles? I think you are mistaken, Tom started this. We here on F-Chat see or hear nothing of the "behind the scenes" goings on. Tom was post # 1, why didn't Kin or you start this. I've been out of the country but thanks to Al Gore I can use the WWW, I can post or read what's going on.

It would be funny if F-chat stopped FCA members from posting here unless they paid heavy penalties.

I guess we are doomed to revisit this in 10 to 12 months, it seems to be the cycle.

21. Lanikai

Lanikai Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Will Campbell
    Kin spoke to me about this ages ago. I'm just thankful Charles, Kin and Tom have the energy and time to put these events togther. Let's get over the "who shot John" discussion and have fun on Sunday.

22. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    From what I count Think we have about 25 people who want to attend. sounds good.see you all there!!! Bring your cars!!!!

23. WaltP

WaltP Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Cape Canaveral/Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Walt P
    I really do appreciate the work Charles has done even though I don't track my old car or golf and have told him that on numerous occasions and that I know it is a thankless job. The part that I have a problem with is that non - FCA members can't attend except some chosen few despite some type of sanctions that will be incurred from the national club for doing that. Maybe it's just me.

24. 308inatl

308inatl Karting
    BANNED

Aug 24, 2006
    any longer.

Let's stop the arguing and convene a forum, perhaps Sunday and let's work toward: greater involvement (more officers to help out?), more and different events, better communicaion (dedicated website, email blasts?), and the like. It's like I love the F Club, but there is too little to do, and don't especially like the P Club, although they bomb you with info and events. We need to learn that from them, although they cannot acquire that Prancing Horse spirit.

25. WaltP

WaltP Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Cape Canaveral/Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Walt P
    That sounds like a good plan!
    Unfortunately due to prior commitments I am unavailable until early next year but please post any outcome and I really hope things and people come together.