FCA Holiday dinner - DEC 14 @ Luciano's | Page 3 | FerrariChat

FCA Holiday dinner - DEC 14 @ Luciano's

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by spirot, Dec 3, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bobbyd

bobbyd Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2003
    Holy Batman! Almost forgot about this event. Will plan on being there. As far as non members go, so long as we are all paying our own way, I see nothing wrong w/non-members being there. I think we need to be careful about coming off as snooty and need to do as much as possible to bring new people into the club. Best.

2. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    So I guess we're back to square one? I'm willing to come and pay the $10 "cover charge". The question now is, how many RSVPs have you gotten? If the reservation was for 20, how close are we?

P.S. I'm going to try the Sugo at the Roswell clocktower tonight -- they're not open on Sunday anyway -- so anyone who feels like "doubling their pleasure" is welcome to join me there around 4:30 or so.

3. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I was planning on heading over to Norman's Landing between 3 or 4.

4. tazz99

tazz99 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 16, 2007
    Kennesaw, GA
    Full Name:
    Seth

I wouldn't take the 328 there Jim, parking is very tight. Good food though!

5. chrislamborghiniatlanta

chrislamborghiniatlanta Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    I will be coming for an hour or so. My wife has another engagement that night so I can't stay long. I just want to come by and meet everyone and introduce myself to the community with Will. I also have not seen Allan in a while and want to look at the Scud again!!! Can you join FCA with no Ferrari? I could use a VIN from the inventory;-)

6. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    How about a great turn out for our Holiday dinner??? WOW we had the largest turn out I've seen in a LONG LONG TIME!!!

Thanks to Kin for the connections and Charles for keeping the FCA support going. We need as much participaiton as possible!!! It was a fun time and my wife had a great time!

Cheers!

Tom

7. kaamacat

kaamacat Formula 3

Jun 13, 2004
    Cumming GA
    Full Name:
    BobR
    Thank you everyone that had-a-hand in putting on the party, Vicky and I had a great time!

BobR

8. ROULEUR

ROULEUR Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2008
    Atlanta, Ga
    Full Name:
    Chris C
    It was really great to meet everyone and spend some time speaking with some folks that I have not spoken to in a while. I hope to see all of you around the store when you have time. Have a great Christmas Season everybody, and get out and enjoy those cars!!!

9. Alex_Grim

Alex_Grim Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Alex
    It was great fun!! I know I am a tad late, but due to this holiday season the store has sucked my life.

10. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    BTW, I did eat there on Saturday night, and I found that by getting there at 5, right when they opened, I had a pick of some nice, wide parking spaces. But I know what you mean, Seth, because by 5:50 they were doing valet at the entrance. The food was fine, as usual, and I had some left over to have on Monday. So if anyone has thoughts of eating at that location, get there early!

11. chrmer3

chrmer3 Formula 3

May 19, 2006
    USSA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #61 chrmer3, Sep 15, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2010
    First it starts excluding people (non-FCA members) from events- even if they wish to pay at the door...

So... explain to me like I am a child how that works for expanding the membership of the FCA? People pay without any idea what they are paying for? Seems mixing non-members & members would equal more SUBSCRIBING/PAYING FCA members - which ultimately = more in the clubs treasury?

Next step will be to outlaw 308's, Mondials etc.. at Ferrari events... where does the silliness end?

Sure glad my life does not resolve around "an exclusive group"...

12. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    #62 jeffdavison, Sep 15, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2010
    Why are you trolling a 2 year old thread? especially in light of the poll you started regarding a particular persons management role in the FCA in another region?
    As you stated it was not a "personal" attack, but the motivation is obvious, and now it looks like you're jumping around to different regions to make noise against the FCA in general.

Seems there is a grudge here and you spreading you ill feelings where ever you find a situation that "hurt" you.

At least that's the appearance of this post in a long dead thread.

Why do you want to stir up the ire again when , at least here in Atlanta, these issues have been resolved and accepted by our locals and our regional FCA management?

That's the only read I take from your post.

also note, I am not an FCA member and I have no bones to pick by not being one, and no organization to support or protect.
    Clubs are entitled to restrict their events as they see fit, or open them as they see fit, that's why they have an orginazation. A club is a private affair only as public as the membership wills it to be, and member drive policies carried out by the membership commitee.. So by condeming a club, you are by default condeming it's members, so why on earth would you want to be part of an event where you condem it's membership? Seems screwd up to me, but hey what the Bleep do I know?

And if you didn't want to be part of a club and your life doesn't revolve around it, why are you making such a noise? Shouldn't you just "keep away" from all such nonsense and not "vocalize"? Why do you want to make such a cross regional stink about something you say you would rather not participate in? "THAT" seems really messed up (and extremely childish).
    JD

13. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane

+1. I agree, re-igniting this old thread wasn't appropriate in my opinion.

14. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    You come across as wishing you were in with us - just PRETENDING you don't.