FCA HPDE at VIR April 11-12 | FerrariChat

FCA HPDE at VIR April 11-12

Discussion in 'Tracking & Driver Education' started by FerrariCognoscenti, Mar 28, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariCognoscenti

FerrariCognoscenti Formula 3

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
  2. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    I’m registered. Never been, so another bucket list item.

Plan is to trailer the 458 spider and arrive Sunday early afternoon, run the two days and head out Wednesday AM.

Coming up in May I’m at Watkins for four full days - two with Chin Racing and two with FCA.

Still planning to hit Barber, Atlanta and Lime Rock in the fall, completing the 2022 Victory Tour with repeat visits to Sebring and Homestead.

I will then formally declare the car’s status as “broken in”.

c4b4the04 and Texas Forever like this.
  3. c4b4the04

c4b4the04 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 9, 2017
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Cassidy
    I'll be instructing there, this is a top notch event in terms of participants and instruction. I'm staying above the garages. Looking forward to a great event!

4. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    Fantastic! Do you know what time things start on Monday? I didn’t realize I’m slated to run Sebring on Sunday with Chin, but I’m trying to get it moved to Sat instead so I can head up Sat into Sunday.

Car’s been fully serviced and goes for an alignment tomorrow, should it will be good to go, the bumps at Sebring not withstanding.

I hear VIR is a great track, really looking forward to learning the line, braking zones, etc

5. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    Where did you get track day insurance for this thing?

6. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    I have a package with my agent because of my business situation. I get coverage up to $150k through one company and the remaining is through a carrier that insures everything. So a bit unique in my case.

7. c4b4the04

c4b4the04 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 9, 2017
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Cassidy
    It really is a fantastic track. There will be plenty of rubber down from this weekend so it will be quick. You'll love the elevation changes, similar to WGI in that regard. A day to learn and a lifetime to master, right?

I'll be in a white Corvette Challenge car over by the garages. Come say Hi :)

Cheers,
    Cassidy

Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    c4b4the04 likes this.
  9. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    Thanks. I am having trouble finding insurance from anyone.

10. FerrariCognoscenti

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    Those black side skirts look amazing. Very aggressive! Is that a wrap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. FerrariCognoscenti

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    I just ran VIR today with SCDA. A top five track in America. The property is just serene.

Be sure to stop by TMI, the race shop at VIR next to the paddock. They’re a SABELT dealer and have really premium gear.

12. FerrariCognoscenti

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    I’ll be there in this. Will likely have my base wheels on though because one of my front wheels is being repaired from a damn pot hole.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

c4b4the04 likes this.
  13. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    Yes. It already had lower CF and I had a local guy match it (vinyl over existing PPF). Perfect match. I got the idea from a picture at a recent Chin event, where the shadows created the effect.

I am seriously wondering if I’ll ever get external CF again or just do a wrap. You cannot tell the difference.

I may do a yellow and dark grey stripe at some point, we’ll see.

14. WorKeDiT

WorKeDiT Rookie

Dec 9, 2021
    VA
    Full Name:
    Melvin M
    Wow, just seeing this. Definitely would have tried to attend. Also from VA if anyone else is located in the Hampton Roads area be nice to meet up or take a nice backroad cruise. Any events upcoming?

15. PETER@TEAM AI

PETER@TEAM AI Formula Junior
    Sponsor

Nov 4, 2014
    Charlotte
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Unless it has changed Hagerty was doing track insurance for individual car owners per event. I understand they are not providing the overall event insurance like they had in the past for the FCA but that is a different coverage.

16. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    Thank you I will take another run at them. I appreciate it.

17. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    Post of a track video from VIR. Not a lot of traffic and gorgeous weather…….

c4b4the04 likes this.
  18. FerrariCognoscenti

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    Nice driving!

19. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    Thanks, getting a bit smoother. I wish I’d had an instructor before the vid was shot, as he was super helpful in showing me the line. VIR is a fantastic place to exercise the prancing horse. I’m sure you’d agree. I’ll be back.

Still trying to work out a code issue at max throttle up, hopefully in time for Watkins Glen May 9-12. Let me know what events you plan to attend - I am doing a lot of the Chin venues these days. Atlanta, Barber and either Limerock or Mid Ohio are in my list.

20. FerrariCognoscenti

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    I’ll be doing Chin at VIR on June 6-7, PittRace open track with SWP June 17, Pocono with NASA on June 20, and will definitely be registering for Watkins Glen with Chin when registration opens in a few days.

21. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    Super! Let's coordinate our tracking events if possible. I'm set for four full days @ The Glen May 9-12, then Sebring for one day on 11-June, and will sign up for Atlanta with Chin for their June event.

I plan to do the FCA event @Pocono, followed by LimeRock and perhaps WG again (we'll see, it's far). These are all a long way from me, so I have to plan.

Would like to complete the year with a 9-11 July Barber visit (Chin), Daytona 29-30 October, and more Sebring events (much closer to me), and a final Homestead visit in November.

It's been a rather active track year for there 458.

22. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    Are you still planning to be at Pocono on the 20th? I’ll be there with FCA the 21st and 22nd, let me know if you want to run with FCA, great folks from the Empire Region!

I’m at Sebring this weekend, Pocono June 20 and 21st, then on to Atlanta the 26th and 27th. I may take a day or two on the way to ATL to see some Fchatters out in western NC.

July 3rd and 4th at VIR with Chin.

Car is in the shop today for full fluids change (oil, brakes, clutch, DCT).

23. FerrariCognoscenti

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    I’ll be at Pocono with NASA on the 20th! I regrettably have to just do one day and can’t stay the extra days with FCA unfortunately! It is disappointing because FCA is the best to run with.

24. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    Regrets, John. If I make it up early enough on the 20th, I’ll swing by the track to say hello.

Regardless, let’s stay in contact and compare notes about our adventures. Still planning to make WGI again in the fall, an awesome adventure if you’ve never been.

25. FerrariCognoscenti

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    William,

Sounds great. I hope we cross paths!

I’m at Pittsburgh International Raceway on Friday and then Pocono on Monday. Both new tracks I’ve never been on.

Really looking forward to both.