FCHAT-anti GT4? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

FCHAT-anti GT4?

Discussion in '308/328' started by dinogt4guy, Mar 13, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Hans

Hans F1 Veteran

Feb 17, 2006
    Hilversum, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Hans Teijgeler
    ?????

Paul,

You're kidding, are you?

If not, then get yourself a cheap plane ticket to Europe, drop by here and we'll take mine for a spin. Heck, I'll even let you drive it. At 150+ mph on the German Autobahn if you'd like... :D:D:D

GT4's are awesome!

Hans

2. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m
    Thats rich! Cheap ticket to EUROpe!?

3. dinogt4guy

dinogt4guy F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2004
    Hewitt, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Kurtis Fordice
    Looks Good! Also a good choise!

Keeping them crossed!

4. WildKarrde

WildKarrde Rookie

Oct 23, 2007
    I'd take it off your hands for as little as $5000. But please, cash only. :)

5. dinogt4guy

dinogt4guy F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2004
    Hewitt, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Kurtis Fordice
    Still no answer from the powers to be?!!!!

Are we being ignored?!!!

6. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    Yes you are, hehehe.

7. dinogt4guy

dinogt4guy F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2004
    Hewitt, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Kurtis Fordice
    "Big time" it appears! So my thread title was more accurate that I ever imagined. :(

8. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

No, you are not being ignored...

Although if there's much more complaining you might start to be. :D

Art forwarded to the appropriate party, gonna take a little while as he's busy being a lawyer now, but we'll see if we can get it incorporated into the rotation.

Dave

9. RichardAguinsky

RichardAguinsky Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2007
    Palo Alto, Californi
    Full Name:
    Richard Aguinsky
    Talking about banners. What got me into the white Mondial was the banner with the white Ferrari with girls in bikinis around it. Where is that banner now? I haven't seen it for a while. I wanted to download the jpg. :cool:

Cheers

10. dinogt4guy

dinogt4guy F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2004
    Hewitt, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Kurtis Fordice
    No complaining here, just did not want the thread to die with out some kind of responce. :D I'll just wait and see!

Cheers!

11. Cigarpoor

Cigarpoor Karting

Jun 9, 2007
    Palos Verdes, CA
    Full Name:
    Andy
    I am pretty sure that is a white 328, not a Mondial. Its on the top of my screen now.

Andy

12. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    It's a 328GTS, owned by Fchatter Jimpo1

13. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    I think the Bertone design of the GT4 has aged very well. (Too bad the bodywork seldom does.) It looks especially good painted the silver-blue shade in a Euro version with the shorty bumpers. Hard to beat that classic 3 silver spoked steering wheel design and a tan cloth interior. Any pictures around of a Silver-Blue GT4? Thanks
    CH

14. 208 GT4

208 GT4 Formula 3

Dec 27, 2003
    Brighton (UK)
    Full Name:
    Dan
    #64 208 GT4, Mar 19, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    How's this?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Dan, excellent that is a real treat to see in blue! Shorty bumpers and all. Looks great and it's not parked on some lawn but being used as it was intended. Thanks!
    CH

16. miked

miked Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2001
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Exactly my opinion as well.

In the case of US cars, the pretty girl would also be sporting braces on her teeth.

I didn't like the GT4 when they came out, such a change in direction from the curvaceous lines of PF. Years later I changed my opinion. The design seemed to have been the "whipping boy" for the tremendous changes taking place in the automotive landscape at the time. The GT4 took the full brunt of emissions, safety bumpers and the "mid engine 2+2 market trend" fallout with her head held high.

I will be the first to admit that the design needs a close study to be appreciated. Photos or even looking at the car just doesn't do it. Getting down low and studying the details from every angle is required. Then it hits you, every line, every crease, every curve has meaning; all intentionally penned by an artist. Even the US bumpers curve in 3 directions!

Ever notice the almost imperceptible spoiler lip across the rear edge of the roof?

17. amphijim

amphijim Rookie

Jun 21, 2006
    San Pedro, CA
    Full Name:
    Jim Z
    It's the Ferrari that doesn't look like a Ferrari! The Pininfarina cars are instantly recognizable as Ferraris, but with this one it takes a moment. You have to make the connection yourself. Having said that, once I took that moment and really looked at it, I find the design of the gt4 to be very well done. There is not a false line in it.
    From a practical standpoint, these cars are roomier for their size than many Pininfarina designs. Certainly more than the 308GTB/S. I am a large man and I don't fit in many sports cars, and certainly not many Ferraris. I have gt4 and a 456, mainly because each are 2+2s and offer more room inside. It is laughable how badly I fit in a GTB or GTS. I can't actually drive one because I cannot get my foot off the clutch pedal without my knee hitting the steering wheel. Believe me, I've tried. The gt4 is longer inside, far wider, and more easily accomodates us big 'uns. In fact, comparing the two, the gt4 has more room devoted to the driver than the 456!
    Think of it as the sleeper Ferrari. I do!

Jim

18. randyleepublic

randyleepublic Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2007
    Beautiful Reno
    in my book. Like a previous poster said, every line is deliberate and the whole is much greater than the sum of the parts. They are however a bit subtle for the average teenager to appreciate. Part of the charm IMHO. But what about the Mondials? Some posters have been dismissive. What ho?

The Mondials are not as "organic", but they too have the subtle charm of a well-crafted design that is greater than the sum of the parts. The first 3 models were nice but flawed, especially the bumpers. Also underpowered. But with the T, they came into their own. Balance, power, responsive controls, no "fighter" dash but still very nice, and the bodywork looks good even in the US. Soon I will post a nicely posed picture of my dark gray metallic cab with the top down, and you will all bow. :D

19. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Pete, pass whatever you are smoking. ;) I love the GT4 and all, but lets face it bro, it's not going to win a beauty contest with a GTB. :D

Birdman

20. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    You better go start another appreciation thread for the Mondial, I think we need it, especially us owners of the underpowered "flawed" ones with the big bumpers.

Birdman

21. randyleepublic

Dec 2, 2007
    Beautiful Reno
    I think I will when I get around to it.

Please don't take my comments out of context. The "flawed" Mondials are only that in comparison with the T. They are still Ferraris, and thus better than 99.99% of automobiles. Not because they are "Ferraris" per se, but because they are extremely well engineered works of grace and beauty, that gloirfy the human spirit!

22. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    Whatever happened to getting a GT4 up on the banner??? I think its about time one got up there. ;)

JIM

23. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    #73 snj5, May 3, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Being the most self-assured and secure folks in the Ferrari world, I'm sure Mondial owners, the true cognoscenti, LIKE YOUR WIFE for whom you bought the car, are comfortable in the knowledge that they actually have one of the best Ferraris ever, and don't require peer validation.
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showpost.php?p=134623038&postcount=169

:) :) :)

For those of you who missed it, our fellow Mondial 'owner', the better looking better half of our underwater Stephen Spielburg:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

24. schwaggen

schwaggen Karting

Apr 22, 2006
    Miami FL
    I saw one (GT4) a couple of weeks ago on Miracle Mile here in Coral Gables- Def. a sleeper of the F car family. The Bertone shape is very distinctive, and photos do not do it justice. A cool car, and makes a very sweet noise. Whoever you are, if you're in here....nice ride.

25. randyleepublic

Dec 2, 2007
    Beautiful Reno
    Oh! So that's why I bought one. It is all clear now. Thanks! :D