FCHAT CHICAGO IDOL CONTEST | FerrariChat

FCHAT CHICAGO IDOL CONTEST

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by Townshend, Aug 4, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    After starting a contest in the Ferrari Aptitude Test thread I decided to bring our very own contest to the Chicago forum!

Here's how it will work. You will post a picture of your car that BEST captures BOTH Chicago AND FChat. It must be YOUR car and does NOT have to be a Ferrari, although it would probably help. You must also live in the Chicagoland area. If you know someone that is not a member of FChat that might be able to win, have them join! Entries will be widdled down to the top ones by myself then voted on by your peers. Deadline for the pictures is MIDNIGHT CST AUG. 18, that gives you TWO weeks. Once the winner is voted on by your peers you will be crowned FCHAT CHICAGO IDOL!

GRAND PRIZE: Your choice of a gift from FChatStuff.com under $25 value, Silver Subscription for one year, or a FORZA subscription for one year.

BEST OF LUCK!

2. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Quite a few views, but no posts yet! Let's get some goin! :)

3. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    This should be good!

4. carlagio

carlagio Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2005
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Carla G.
    I'm working on it.....

5. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    #5 tifosi12, Aug 5, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Not that I want to be an idol, but I can't resist a competitive challenge. So here my entry: Shot from the inside of my 308, today on game day. Burnt half a clutch trying to maneuver through the crowds. The 355 Challenge is a limited edition model of Rob Lay's (FChat owner, founder, administrator) car. It is kinda hard to see, but my name is on the model's rear fender as I was one of Rob's sponsors. :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Great start with the pic AND the CUBS WON! :)

7. Daytona Rick

Daytona Rick Formula 3

Jan 23, 2005
    Windy City
    Full Name:
    Rick
    I've got a few old ones that I have to scan then send them in, so some are coming.

8. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Remember they have to have FChat content. That is really the trick. Walter didn't make this one easy.

I got two FChat T-Shirts. Any bids? :)

Haley, I gave a FChat hat to the VA guys. Maybe you can source it and use it for a shot?

MikeZ, you live in Chicagoland, have a Ferrari, a FChat shirt and a photographer wife. Where is your shot?

9. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Sorry! Actually that is not the case, which is my fault. I meant to say that it must capture the spirit of FChat and Chicago, but doesn't need to necessarily have FChat content in the picture.

10. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

#10 dm_n_stuff, Aug 7, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    WWW.FCHATSTUFF.COM is here to encourage this contest!!!

I'd be HAPPY to ship anyone who wants it Fchat stuff FREIGHT FREE for this. Or, just because you wandered in to this thread.

Or, because it's Monday and I'm on vacation and in a very good mood.

for whatever reason, here's the pitch.

Just use promotion code "Chicago" and you'll get a $3.95 discount on your order, which will cover freight on 1-5 items.

I'll toss in a prize, too.

For the winner, pick an Fchat MUG, Fchat Hat, or Fchat Tee.

www.fchatstuff.com

Good luck, and good shopping.

Dave M.

11. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    WOW! VERY AWESOME DAVE!! We need some pictures!! As I said in a previous post the pics do NOT have to have FChat swag in them, but rather somehow capture the spirit. If it's a great picture..post!!

12. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Yup! Looks like Tifosi12 wins! Forget the Fchat stuff.....he already has all of that ....Prepare the Trophy!

13. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Since the FChat part is no longer necessary, it is a free for all again.

Frank, dig out some cool shots of that Wienermobile and your 308. What says more Chicago than a rolling Hot Dog!

14. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Well, actually, I thought that a picture of You, Dave, Frankie and Me aboard the Ferry Boat last summer, as we were flying the Ferrari Flag would be a good one.

Why? Because, here we were, taking quite a bit of our time, money and effort going over to Michigan for an Air Show. Without really knowing anybody, (Jerry, Mike Oldani) other than just from here on Fchat. And just going on the trust that it was going to be a very cool event, as it was hyped. And, sure enough, it was, and much more! And we met some really great folks out of the deal, too. ALL because we simply met here on FChat. Nothing more.

Or, that we met Daytona Rick at a Hooters Car Show that we probably, normally would not have even attended. If not for the fact that Kerry from Double K added a Ferrari Class just for us at that particular show. All through FChat.

15. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Very good points. Yup, all true. If it hadn't been for FChat...

16. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Post em both! I agree, those would be awesome pictures! I think that is one of the great things about FChat and can't wait to meet some of you. Is anyone going to Pebble this year?

17. Daytona Rick

Daytona Rick Formula 3

Jan 23, 2005
    Windy City
    Full Name:
    Rick
    I'm heading out on Wed to Monterey. Why are you going? Plan to be at the Ferrari unveiling on Friday night at PB.

18. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Just curious to see who else will be out there. I will be at Jim's unveiling Friday, I believe Ferraris on Saturday, and will be at the Concours Sunday.

19. Daytona Rick

Daytona Rick Formula 3

Jan 23, 2005
    Windy City
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Ferraris on Sat? Not sure what you mean by that. I know they are having private showing at the 3'rd hole at PB all weekend long. Here's my agenda:

Thurs - PB road concours, starts at 8:00 from PB polo field, private party
    Fri - Italian Concours, Ferrari private showing, Ferrari unveiling, auctions
    Sat - Historics, Lambo party, auctions
    Sun - PB Concours

PM me if you want to exchange phone numbers and meet up. Husker Bill will be in town (hoping to get him to come), Carla is going, Mike E. will be judging out there. Not sure how many others from Chicagoland.

20. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Say hello to Jim from my part please. His car is unreal. What Ferrari should have built when they started the F60 project.

21. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    I'll PM you my cell #. The private showing at the 3rd hole is what I was referring to, but didn't realize it was all weekend long. Did you get an invite to it, if so, how did it come? I haven't heard anything aside from chatter on FChat, although I am registered on the Ferraris Owners site and usually get things of this nature..

Edit: Nevermind. Was sent an invite via e-mail.

22. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Will definatly do..and do you mean the Enzo project? :)

23. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Yup, the one that covers all the newsstands right now. He was nice enough to give me a preview of it back in January.

24. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    I was referring to the F60 project, not Jims. There has been no word of an F60 yet..

25. Daytona Rick

Daytona Rick Formula 3

Jan 23, 2005
    Windy City
    Full Name:
    Rick
    I received mine via email but added a friend and had it sent to my house. It was a somewhat formal invitation that I received.