FChat Completed Models and WIP Thread | Page 4 | FerrariChat

FChat Completed Models and WIP Thread

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by zoRob, May 22, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. moriaan1

moriaan1 Formula 3

Dec 3, 2006
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Hans
    #76 moriaan1, Jun 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. rossocorsa65

rossocorsa65 Rookie

Mar 4, 2009
    #77 rossocorsa65, Jun 12, 2009
  3. moriaan1

moriaan1 Formula 3

Dec 3, 2006
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Hans
    AMR's are superb!

My daytona is made by Masta, using the Titan-masters he bought from amr.

Are you familiar with the firm "Rossa-Corsa" that made a fabulous 1:14 P4 in the 1990's?

4. zoRob

zoRob Formula 3

Oct 31, 2006
    Cambs, UK
    I'm looking forward to seeing this one finished.

Very nice :cool:

5. Latsyrc

Latsyrc F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2008
    Utah, USA
    Full Name:
    Travis
    #80 Latsyrc, Jun 12, 2009
    Both are looking very nice!

I've spent the last 3 days fixing the R10 TDI kit and making a couple pieces that were broken out of the box. I've found several others that have the same problem with this kit. It's been a handful but also a learning experience. Most of the work has been done to the engine. This is my first time really trying a built-up and it's coming along nicely. I'm not sure how accurate the wiring is, though. :) I'll be finishing up the cockpit tonight and will post some pics.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. Ferranki

Ferranki Formula Junior

Mar 9, 2007
    Buffalo NY
    Full Name:
    Ken
    I've got one. Has it's flaws, but I still love it.

7. moriaan1

moriaan1 Formula 3

Dec 3, 2006
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Hans
    #82 moriaan1, Jun 13, 2009
    seriously? Please show it!

I am a big fan of those older "large" handbuilts. Have been collecting them for years now.
    I have 12 Carlo Brianza's, 3 HE14's, 6 MG14's and several other rare models like an ADB Lusso in 1:14, virtually impossible to find, because only 10 were made.

I have been looking to see the Rossa-corsa P4 for a longtime.
    Only have 1 picture in a Matthias braun book...
    Like the Brianza's (I also have a Brianza P4) its an older modell, its built around 1990, techniques were not as advanced as today, back in the days it was superb!

Jacques Catti is another builder that made some awesome Ferrari's in the same period.

This week I received 2 MG14 F1's...

8. Latsyrc

Latsyrc F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2008
    Utah, USA
    Full Name:
    Travis
    Very cool moriann. I'm going to do some more 1/24's then get a nice 1/12 or 1/14 to build.

9. zoRob

zoRob Formula 3

Oct 31, 2006
    Cambs, UK
    Me too. I love the larger models, I've got a 1/12 tamiya F1 car on the shelf for when I have the skills to do a good job.

10. rossocorsa65

rossocorsa65 Rookie

Mar 4, 2009
    Hi Morian, I have the Daytona AMR/Titan, is a fantastic kit. I start ( and stop :( ) to build it some years ago, but the Maranello Concessionaires version.

rossocorsa is only a username, and a label for some models I built.

11. moriaan1

moriaan1 Formula 3

Dec 3, 2006
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Hans
    start and stop???? do you still have it as a WIP on the shelf?

AMR's are great quality in any scale!
    I recently got some 1:43 AMR kits that were built in poor quality..
    They are complete and made in whitemetal, so a repaint and rebuild will make them into litle Gems!

The Tameo looks great, a rough kit that needs lots of work!
    (I noticed you are offering it on ebay)

12. rossocorsa65

rossocorsa65 Rookie

Mar 4, 2009
    Yes, is on Ebay, I have a new project for this car, built a new one all open with detailed chassis :))
    I have the Star Tron kit from the 166MM and the they are very similar. I hope start this project in 09 and finish in 2010.
    This kits from Tameo are very old, maybe from the 80s, and they realy need a lot of work but they are great.
    Do you know this link http://geocities.yahoo.co.jp/gl/studio_rosso2004/view/20090613 , this guy is building some Tameo 340 Mexico, is fantastic.

The Daytona Titan is closed on the box, I need some pictures from the interior to make the Maranello version:(

13. moriaan1

moriaan1 Formula 3

Dec 3, 2006
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Hans
    #90 moriaan1, Jun 16, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2009
    The Tron/starkits are very nice! I had them once.. I used to order them at Milano 43 (the shop of paolo Tron) In the days (1988) it was the best shop!

There are several pics of the Titan at www.Masta.be
    I allways use atspeedimages.com ferraris-online.com or Barchetta.cc for pics.
    There are enough from the daytona comp..

I don't speak japanese, but there are some " incredible" japanese builders!!
    I have book about Nomura, Kamimura is also a true artist!
    Great link!

Good luck with the Starkit.

14. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    I had the Tron/Star 166 and 500 F2. Not bad at all. I saw Nomura Kamimura at Strictly 43rd back a few years ago.
    His model was wonderful(Bosica 156).

Tom Tanner/Ferrari Expo-Strictly 43rd Revival model/photo contest-Chicago April 2010

15. florence

florence Rookie

Jun 15, 2009
    kl.malaysia
    wow.. so nice~~ wish to see more pic plz.. thx for all the sharing

16. zoRob

zoRob Formula 3

Oct 31, 2006
    Cambs, UK
    #93 zoRob, Jun 17, 2009
    Finished my fourth model last night, so i took some pics. This is the first one i have sprayed with my airbrush so the paintwork is not perfect but i have a much better understanding for the next one. I painted some of the panels separately and some of the colours dont match 100%, so i wont do it like that again. I also think that it might be better to spray lots of thinner coats of clear next time, rather than thick wet ones. Would you guys agree?

This is the one i mentioned earlier in the thread where i dropped the exhaust tip inside the car when i was finishing it off, i had to gently shake it for nearly half an hour to get it out again :D

17. ferrarilover

ferrarilover F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Barrie, ON, Canada
    Full Name:
    Christopher Bailey
    I'm currently restoring a kids pedal car - a red Testarossa. It was quite faded, seat needs redoing, and not to keen on the wheels. Its not a perfect replica - a Chinese manufacturer called Young Master. I haven't found anything about it on the net. Alas - I don't believe its a factory authorized piece, but what the heck for my kid right?

I sent it to a auto body shop recently and they primed er, painted er, and clear coated over decals I had made up. It looks so much better now, and looks more like a real TR than it did before. I washed it when I brought it home, and yes I am going to wax it (my wife thinks I'm retarded!).

I had before pics on my webspace which is down today for maintainance so I cant get the pics here yet and I will take pics of the after paint pics tonight and upload later.

I think you all might enjoy it, I know I'm getting pretty excited about the finished project. In just over 3 weeks we are expecting our first child so I will have a test pilot soon!

Chris

18. moriaan1

moriaan1 Formula 3

Dec 3, 2006
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Hans
    It looks good in the pics!!
    Fourth project? youve got talent!

Its sensible that the last layer of clearcoat is a fat one, otherwise you will end up with a lot of polishing!
    Finding the right thickness and what works best for you is learned along the way.
    I have been building for 2 decades, and I still mess up sometimes!

Alex Kustov has a great tutorial about painting on his website,

19. Latsyrc

Latsyrc F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2008
    Utah, USA
    Full Name:
    Travis
    That looks great, and glad you got the tip out. :) I also prefer a few light coats, then a thick one. I should be done with my R10 today or tomorrow and will post the pics. :)

20. zoRob

zoRob Formula 3

Oct 31, 2006
    Cambs, UK
    Thanks for the compliments :) I'll just keep playing around with the clear coat and see what the next one comes out like.

21. AustinMartin

AustinMartin F1 Veteran

Mar 1, 2008
    Los Angeles/Idaho
    Dang! Done already? You have to be the fastest builder ever!

22. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    Wow that name brings back some memories! I used to shop there when my father had an apartment in Milano. I can't remember the young lady's name who managed the shop but she later married Paolo. I also would travel by train to Loano to visit Paolo at his shop.

23. Latsyrc

Latsyrc F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2008
    Utah, USA
    Full Name:
    Travis
    #100 Latsyrc, Jun 17, 2009
    LOL I wish. :) I work on it every night and have 3 days off a week. I spend the majority of my days off working on it. I may have scheduled myself a little early on the finish, will probably be more like 3-4 days because of paint, then several more days to do the polishing, etc. :) This kit has been a pain. I had to make one of the spoiler supports (styrene) and used Tamiya putty for some of the seams. Engine cover still doesn't fit well and I'm out of patience with trying to get it just right. I sanded down the inside hoping it would clear the engine but ended up going through in a tiny spot, so I filled it with putty fixed it. I ended up warping the sides back and it helped...a little. I guess that's what you get with the Revell quality kits. I'm starting a Tamiya 959 after this. It will be weird going from almost 100 decals down to 5 decals, lol. Here's a few pics from a couple nights ago, some from tonight, and a pic of the decals. :)

EDIT: Any suggestions for the 959 color? I'm thinking either straight white or black.