Fchat …finished with it | FerrariChat

Fchat …finished with it

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Lee_Proctor, Mar 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Lee_Proctor

Lee_Proctor Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Full Name:
    Lee
    I am sick of the abuse from this site, pm’s, and the like. I will be staying on the infinitely better www.supercarchat.com from now on.

2. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    OK Lee, if that is your sincere wish, then I shall bid you farewell. :(

See you at the Limetrees, m8.......

3. barabus

barabus F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2004
    12 Cylinder Village
    Full Name:
    Si
    Sorry to hear that Lee but I'm afraid it's your loss m8.

Remember you used to tell other people not to it take too seriously and now it appears that's just what your doing.

Why not just forget the Dick 'Eads and just dangle with the good guy's of which there are plenty.

Considering you put in over 2400 posts in 10 months it can't have been all bad.........:D

See you at Silverstone M8.

4. Stewart 430

Stewart 430 Guest

Bye Bye

5. closeshave

closeshave Formula 3

Nov 13, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Davy J
    Agree with Simon completely here.
    Although I support TonyH in whatever he decides to do, it would be a real shame to lose two good guys in one week.

6. daz355

daz355 Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2004
    MclarenVille
    Full Name:
    Darren P
    Good bye!!!

7. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Oh Lee dont be like that. We were only joking. Your a great guy really. And those stories............ well I'm sure they're not true.

8. simon355

simon355 Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2003
    W.Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Simon George
    Thing is Lee nobody would give a toss if I stopped posting tomorrow, and I'd be totally forgotten within a fortnight. People come and go all the time, its the way these sites work.Nobody cares whatever you do, just do it and don't bother starting a thread up to announce it. Harsh but true

9. acpes

acpes Formula Junior

Aug 11, 2004
    west 12cylinderville
    Full Name:
    Andy
    :(
    Lee,
    I for one am really rather ashamed at the way some of the threads have recently been campaigned on here (and before anyone starts, I too hold my hands up and admit to being guilty as charged for negative responses).
    Perhaps we all need to take a step or two back and really have a good look at what's going on here, because if this was you watching over your kids behaving like some of us do here, you'd stop them from participating. It's such a shame that we, collectively, have allowed ourselves to be dragged down to this level. I don't know what the answer is, honestly.
    I, like many others here, have an extremely difficult job to do,some days better than others. Perhaps I, and a few others here, should try and take a deep breath before firing in, and leave the bad day at the office, in the office.

I just hope that you will reconsider soon, we're not all bad people, but sometimes it just comes out that way.
    Seems the next stage is sorting the the PM merchants and getting them named and shamed:mad: though how we're going to do that is also beyond me:(
    Take it steady M8
    kind regards
    Andy
    ps if anyones looking for my normal one liners and joviality tonight,I'm afraid they're out of luck. At the moment this place has a bit of a nasty smell.

10. Rod

Rod Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2004
    South Derbyshire
    Full Name:
    Rod
    Quote...

"Considering you put in over 2400 posts in 10 months it can't have been all bad".........

With respect any one could post for the sake of posting..Virtually none of these posts were Ferrari related...

Look at how many "Ferrari" related threads he has started... 3 or 4? The reast are all O/T.

I thought this site was called "Ferrari Chat"?

I subscride to this site to speak with ferrari owners for advice and experiences but lately when ever you ask a question its always "check the archives" we are too busy or don't own a ferrari so can not give advice..

Just my observations.... no harm intended..

11. acpes

acpes Formula Junior

Aug 11, 2004
    west 12cylinderville
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Rod, I agree that anyone can post any number of times, but in the case of Lee all he ever does is live and breathe Ferrari. He is nearly always the first one to show up at any ferrari or fchat related event, and is tireless in trying to get things moving. This is made even more significant by the fact that he is desperate to get his own F car and yet circumstances at this moment prevent this.
    It's just another blow to our credibility here. The fact is that a lot of Ferrari owners never allow the cars to see the light of day, and yet we are supposed to revere these guys more than the true enthusiast who is struggling to achieve the goal of obtaining their first car. Seems we are losing the battle, never mind the war.
    If everyone is so concerned about keeping it "Ferrari related" subjects only, why do we have constant threads about porkers, lambos, bikes et al? IMHO we have all lost the plot here. If we restrict it to just Fcar topics the site would be closed within months, after all how many times can you ask about for example the number of ways to fit a steering wheel to a 355?
    If this is all you see, you'll soon walk away.
    As for the cafe, I can see why it exists, but nobody critisises the fact that unless you have first hand knowledge of porkers and guitars, you are virtually a lost cause in there. It's all relative.
    We need people like Lee, they are after all the next generation of Ferrari owners in the making. We are supposed to be ambassadors for the marque, not Judge and jury for anyone who, for some reason doesn't fit the current required profile.
    For what it's worth

12. mattymouse33

mattymouse33 F1 Rookie

Oct 25, 2004
    We'll set aboot ye!
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Agreed, Lee if you are actually on your way out, do us a favour and dont start 15 pointless threads eh?

Regarding the other site you mentioned, I've been on it and thought it was P$SH. Only my opinion and I need to take into account the fact its just a start up but some of it is just plain jibberish!!

Cheers

13. mattymouse33

mattymouse33 F1 Rookie

Oct 25, 2004
    We'll set aboot ye!
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Tony,

How about getting rid of this thread as it is completely pointless to be honest. All it will do is start up some debate about who did what, where he's going and why, its just plain CRAP!

Its all too personal!!

Regards,

M

14. ric355

ric355 Guest

Dec 21, 2003
    Regarding the other site - what we have to remember is if that site didn't exist, the gibberish within it would be on FChat. Lee, if you want that site to be successful then you need some signal to go with the noise. However, if you just want a place to chat online with your mates then I can see how what you've got now works just fine.

Regarding any nasty pm's Lee might have received - if there have been some then the correct course of action is to contact the moderator and discuss it with him, not post a new thread saying "I'm leaving". Still, I can see how one might feel this thread has more impact (but poorer results).

I have met Lee, and to be honest I'm surprised at his online behaviour of late. His online persona and his real-life persona are entirely different at the moment. I find that very curious.

I've posted elsewhere that I think there are more constructive ways of dealing with any problems and I stand by that.

Each to his own etc.

Ric.

15. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Just had a look at that supercarchat.com, ey?? Same people as fchat so there for same Sh*t. Same Sh*t different forum, same names as F chat, Ey? Go figure.

16. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Guys,
    i have reason to believe that Lee didn't make this post . I'm looking into it with help from Rob Lay. In the meantime, Lee deserves the benefit of the doubt.

17. closeshave

closeshave Formula 3

Nov 13, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Davy J
    Good,
    That explains the Vaseline picture.
    I vote to lose this thread altogether, I find it rather depressing......

18. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    I will close it soon, but i want everyone to read it first.