FDrive Poll for a date in May. VOTE! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

FDrive Poll for a date in May. VOTE!

Discussion in 'New England' started by Birdman, Mar 29, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Which date can you make?

1. May 1

2. May 7

3. May 8

4. All of those dates

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    Hey owning a 328 with a handle that has 328 and you manage to post at 3:28 pm - spoooky.

The roads up there are fun - although I've been stopped a couple of times on 133 (admitedly at night). The road north out of Gloucster into Rockport and then back down the other side of Cape Ann (127) to 128 is a nice drive. Pretty windy so you don't have to go too fast to have some fun. We did that on one of Dennis' drives a couple of years ago.

Hopefully I should be able to make it.

Dan

2. MITengineer

MITengineer Formula Junior

Feb 18, 2004
    Montana
    I do not have a Ferrari (yet) but would it be okay if I joined you guys and possibly took some video for an upcoming project? I'm in Cambridge Mass.

3. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Hey Guys, this all sounds great! Lets just hope for good weather!! Looking forward to seeing ya'all.

Birdman

4. Ferrari 328 Euro

Ferrari 328 Euro Formula Junior

Jul 19, 2004
    Salem, MA
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    What time should we be meeting? 9 AM or so?

Beverly - Starbucks/Bertucci's sounds like a good place to meet.

Do we have a final route plan? We could just play follow the leader and see where we end up. Essex for lunch sounds good.... If not Woodmans, there is a place called Periwinkle's that has great food (not just seafood) and I believe they open for lunch at 11:30 AM.... just a suggestion.

Looking forward to it!

5. SPHFerrari

SPHFerrari Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2004
    Mass
    Full Name:
    Spenser
    nor do i, but just so u dont feel rejected by fchat, yes u can

EDIT: btw, birdman, can u post just a finalized plan when we get that far

6. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Hi Everyone,
    OK, why don't we say 9:30 AM just to buy our south shore brothers a little time to get there without having to leave at the crack of dawn.

DATE: Sunday, May 1
    TIME: 9:30 AM
    PLACE: Starbucks, Route 1A Beverly, MA.

AGENDA: To be decided when everyone arrives. But we should plan on a nice drive, lunch and maybe a stop at Ipswich Beach, and/or Paul Russells. Maybe there will be some cool Fcars there to oggle.

Lunch should be someplace where we can see the cars from inside. First, it's more fun that way, but it also will allow us to keep an eye on the hardware for safety.

For those of you passing by the North Reading area, we could meet someplace and form a posse to head to Beverly. PM me.

7. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Oh Yeah, and don't forget your geeky FChat shirts!

8. Pizzaman Chris

Pizzaman Chris F1 Rookie

Mar 13, 2005
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Pizzaman Chris
    Well, i hate to be the new guy to bail out on that nice ride so here is my sad story. May 1 happens to be Greek Easter i find out. Can you blame me for letting it slip my mine. Its been 5-6 weeks after Easter. And you better show up at Moms house cause there's going to be BIG TROUBLE. She's from the old country and she doesn't understand what this "nice little ride" is about. So sorry everybody i'll have to hook up so other time.

9. SPHFerrari

SPHFerrari Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2004
    Mass
    Full Name:
    Spenser
    NOO! i may not make it. it seems we are obligated to go to this brunch or lunch thing at 2:00. while theres a big time difference between the two, i live an hour away from the meeting place, and would need to be home by 12:45 cuz its a sorta formal thing. theres still maybe enough time so im gonna try and make it but well see.

either way the day will not be a total bust. the man whose hosting the brunch thing owns a 911 turbo, and i gave him specific directions to bring it so i can check it out :D

anyway, ill hope to see you guys there.

EDIT: i can make it if i have a little bit of info on the driving plans. any idea how far you guys are going to go and in what direction? will you be going much farther north?

10. Ferrari 328 Euro

Jul 19, 2004
    Salem, MA
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    Sorry to read that some of you guys can't make it on the 1st of May, but I am hoping that this date is not a "one-off" event.... I'm assuming that we can do this often during the course of the Ferrari season.... Organizing the dates/routes, etc. can be difficult but perhaps we can eventually just settle on a certain routine (ie.. 2nd Sunday of every month, every other Sunday, etc...) Any ideas, guys?

Went out on both Saturday (caught in downpour!) and again on Sunday late afternoon. Did the usual Rt. 1A from Beverly to Ipswich Beach and had a great time through Hamilton, Wenham etc... The roads were decent and dry enough. Noticed our meeting place (Starbucks - Bertucci's) and parking on the 1st shouldn't too much of a problem.

Any other interesting reports of driving this past weekend?

11. WAR EGL

WAR EGL Formula Junior

May 8, 2003
    SE Connecticut
    Full Name:
    TWS
    Looks like I won't be able to make it either. At this point not even sure if the car is going to make it to Tutto. I should be there, but the car goes in for fluid changes and spring checkup on 5/19. Hopefully all will go well...

Troy

12. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    I picked up the CS from FoNE on Sat morning and also got caught in the pouring rain - its hilarious to drive in the rain with no sound deadening under the car. Great to get back in the saddle :)

Also went for a drive on Sunday afternoon - nothing special mainly running errands - shopping at whole-foods and shubies! As ever a couple of "how much horsepower does she have" type conversations in the car park. I guess a red car with a big-ol stripe is a slight attention grabber.

13. scott61

scott61 F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    North of Boston
    I'm up for the meet at Starbucks and then a ride but need to start heading home by noon for an afternoon family commitment and wife has already informed me I have already used the " I'll be a little late, I got flat" excuse this season

14. Ferrari 328 Euro

Jul 19, 2004
    Salem, MA
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    General:

My buddy just called me on the cell to let me know that there is an almost identical 328 GTS as mine in Peabody. Thought it was me and stopped on the road - turns out a new guy just bought it last week.

Is this new owner of the red/tan 328 GTS (with Scuderia shields) online here? If so - welcome!

Dan:
    I think everyone on the Northshore has seen your CS-360 - except me.... I hope to see this cool car of yours sometime soon! Glad you had a good time coming back from FoNE, despite the rain!

Scott:
    Don't sweat it.... it will be great to meet you and the other guys on Sunday! I hope we do more of these runs along the northshore corridor!

15. spider348

spider348 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Dan, the Whole-Foods Market over in Swampscott? Surprised you could find a parking spot for that beautiful Ferrari of yours! My wife and I shopped there a couple of weeks ago on a Sunday afternoon. Packed! Nice Japanese food selection though!
    Look forward to Sunday.
    Jonathan, is Verell going to be able to make it?

16. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    Yep - it was the new whole foods market in Swampscott. Great store - they have real English cheddar and myriad other cool stuff that you can't get in stop & shop. But it aint cheap! Sunday is way quieter than Saturday.

I should be there next weekend so the mean-stripe machine will be on view.

17. JayO

JayO Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Brandon,

That was my car your friend saw today. (unless there is another one EXACTLY like mine in Peabody) But, it wasn't me driving around 12:00-1:00. My father took it to go pick up lunch. Our family's business is just off Peabody square and the 328 is there every day.

Are you going to be around Wednesday or Thursday evening? Those look like the only nights I will be around if you wanted to meet up and check out the cars together. If we don't meet up we will just compare on Sunday morning. I will definitely be there.

18. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Don't know! I hve alerted him to this thread several times and yet still no post. HEY VERELL! Ya coming??

Troy, don't take your 328 to a shop to get the damned fluids changed. Just take a nice drive up here with a case of oil and a filter. We'll throw it on the lift, change whatever needs changing, etc. Heck, I can even help you change your timing belts.

Birdman

19. WAR EGL

WAR EGL Formula Junior

May 8, 2003
    SE Connecticut
    Full Name:
    TWS
    Birdman - its all the other fluids. I've got a place where I can back the car up onto ramps to get the car level and change the oil, but don't really have a place to change all the other fluids. Unfortunately the garage here at the new house just isn't high enough for a lift, and although I haven't looked into it yet, its unlikely the neighbors will be agreeable to the impact that a taller garage would have on their view. Besides, I need to have it in for the once a year check up anyway. I'm hoping that it'll be in and out the same day and I'll be able to bring it up on 5/22, but worst case I'll be able to lust after other cars without mine being there to witness it.

On a side note, can you PM me that address again? I seem to have lost it and deleted your original PM.

Troy

20. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    #45 dan360, Apr 26, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  21. Ferrari 328 Euro

Jul 19, 2004
    Salem, MA
    Full Name:
    Brandon

Yeah, let's PRAY this changes.... Yesterday's forecast did not say anything about Sunday other than mostly cloudy - suddenly today is is thunderstorms? Geez.... how's a guy to plan a Ferrari drive like this? LOL We should think (just to be safe) about an alternate date as well.... How about Sunday the 8th?

Birdman - what do you think?...... How about we all set up a standing event every Sunday at 9:30 at the Beverly Starbucks on Rt. 1A. - whoever wants to go can do so... Even if there are only 2 cars that show up, that could be as much fun as 10.... I think this scheduling and raindate stuff is gonna drive us all crazy in time....

22. Ferrari 328 Euro

Jul 19, 2004
    Salem, MA
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    Jay - I had a feeling it might be your car, but wasn't sure as you live in Beverly. My buddy drove me by your place last evening in his 328 GTB to show me where he saw the car parked.... He was totally freaked when he saw your car, thinking it was mine. I got a frantic phone call to make sure I was OK and that the car had not been stolen or broken down. I had to coach him through deciphering if the car was Euro or US spec...

According to the weather report, it looks like Thursday is a better evening to meet. Where and when on Thursday? You got my cell number, right? Let me know what works for you.

Keep your fingers crossed about Sunday's weather! I'm gonna be seriously bumming if it does pour!

23. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    Don't know, have been so busy this drive totally slipped my mind.

Have made zero progress on my 308 since Spider348 helped me last Thurs.

'She who must be obeyed...' decided I needed to spend Saturday washing the sunroom windows instead of "playing in the garage", & spend Sunday afternoon & Monday evening planning our major vacation for next fall. Tonite is ballroom dancing...

Only time I've got free this week to work on the car is tomorrow nite, possibly Fri nite & (hopefully) Sat.

Still need to install the rear header, exhaust, dipstick tube, CIS system & airbox, then fill with fluids. With luck I'll get it on the road Saturday.

After all the work on it, I'd want to shake it down with a couple of hundred miles close to home on it before I risk a long drive.

BTW, any of you joining me & Cindy at the MFA Ralph Lauren 'hoods up' Thurs @5:30? Think we'll have out Fchat shirts on unles the weather's really raw.

24. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Verell,
    What's this MFA hoods up thing?? A special deal for FCA or anyone can join?

Everyone,
    Seems to me that according to the poll, May 7 is the next most popular meeting day, so that should be the rain date. If it rains on the 7th, the next rain date is the 8th!

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for the 1st. You can't trust the weather report this far out! They can't even reliably predict the weather for tomorrow!

Birdman

25. karc

karc Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2003
    im almost positive anyone can go to the hoods up nights. i think they just picked a few special dates to open up the cars. wouldnt be surprised if those are sold out now though.