Federalizing a Mondial t

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Marco Bussadori, May 19, 2008.

  1. Marco Bussadori

    Marco Bussadori Formula Junior

    Aug 6, 2007
    Full Name:
    Marco Bussadori
    Folks, I have a 2.5 motronic Mondial t from '89 - Euro spec. I want to "federalize" it so I can take it with me to Canada when I move later this year. It has no cats etc.

    So I know we need cats, 3rd brake light, beeper for engine on but no seat belt etc. Has anyone got th comprehensive list or tried this?


  2. To remove this ad click here.

  3. Michael B

    Michael B F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed Owner

    Apr 28, 2004
    US of A
    Full Name:
    I did not think you had to do this for a Canada import. I thought Canada cars were just like euro cars. Maybe I am way off?
  4. luigibosco

    luigibosco Karting

    Jan 28, 2005
    Westchester County NY
  5. pmorin

    pmorin Karting

    May 14, 2004
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    P. Morin
    Car is over 15 years old, no modifications needed (at the federal level), so no bumpers, no cats, etc. You only need to pass a provincial safety inspection, meaning handbrake, blinkers, lights, wipers, horn etc need to work. (in Quebec) in other provinces it might be different, some require day light driving lights.

  6. pmorin

    pmorin Karting

    May 14, 2004
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    P. Morin
    You are way off. Canadian cars are basically american cars with bigger bumpers.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

  8. jefffromcanada

    jefffromcanada Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

    Nov 2, 2006
    100% correct. Because of its age just needs to pass "out of province inspection". Here in Alberta it will NOT need day time running lights.

Share This Page