Feedback on Dino Motors in San Mateo,Ca | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Feedback on Dino Motors in San Mateo,Ca

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by junior, Nov 5, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Serg

Serg Karting

Jun 18, 2006
    Los Gatos, CA
    Just got my car back from Johannes. All is good, runs better... he even replaced the o-rings on the distributors, which were both leaking.

Good stuff.. car runs smoother.

I am going to try and build him a simple web site and host it on my server, so he has a place where people can get in touch with him via online.

Serg

2. dan_west348ts

dan_west348ts Rookie

Nov 21, 2003
    Hollister, CA
    Full Name:
    Dan West
    Is that the place where Tony Ta had his ex-Testarosa serviced a few years back? Some of you old timers on this site know what I'm talking about. Tony picked up his TR from a major service and was driving home. His TR caught on fire on the way home and burnt slam the hell up.

You might want to check to see if that is the right place or it may have been Burlingame. Be careful.

Dan

3. carcollector

carcollector Karting

Apr 23, 2006
    palo alto
    Full Name:
    Chris M.
    Gary, thanks for the info. I'll have to slow down and look for it. I drive down Spring St. daily as my shop is on Hurlingame Ave.
    BTW, Dan(Financialman) stopped by yesterday for a chat. Nice guy. Very smart. May give him some biz.
    Chris.

P.S. This young secretary who works accross the street from my shop saw Dan drive up and when he left she ran over and inquired if he is single.
    Chris.

4. lukek

lukek Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2003
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    LK
    be careful against what? some shop in burlingame? which place are you referring to?

5. Serg

Serg Karting

Jun 18, 2006
    Los Gatos, CA
    I don't think he's referring to Dino Motors.

6. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Did you make one?

7. Perfusion

Perfusion F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2004
    Marietta, GA
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Wouldn't bank on it... Serg sold his GT4 several months ago, and has been otherwise absent from the FChat & Santana Row community.

8. tony2ta

tony2ta Formula Junior

Aug 8, 2004
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Tony

Dan,

Good to hear from you again! not Dino Motors.

Tony

9. Perfusion

Perfusion F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2004
    Marietta, GA
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Glad to hear confirmation of this - I have had a very good experience recently with Johannes and his associate there at Dino Motors, and would hate to think that there were ill feelings about him out there over an incident completely unrelated to his shop.

10. David512

David512 Formula 3

Dec 15, 2003
    Northern California
    So then, WHO? Dale Dindral?

Camisa?

11. xs10shl

xs10shl Formula 3

Dec 17, 2003
    San Francisco
    I can't be certain, but I do seem to recall there is more to the story than "car caught fire on the way home". Perhaps I'm thinking of something else.

12. tony2ta

tony2ta Formula Junior

Aug 8, 2004
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Camisa

13. bayareaferrari

bayareaferrari Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2004
    California
    OK-let me see if I can assist in clearing some of this up as I have used several of these guys...

Johannes with Dino is in San Mateo- very good for many of the cars and a pleasure to speak to and have work on your cars. In my opinion...Better at 308's to 512. The newer cars and vintage seem to go other places, this is just my sense. I do not see the 355's, 360’s, 430’s, 550’s etc...in there as they need a specific computer to diagnose.

Dayal with Prancing House in Burlingame is very well respected for all F-cars and has a very updated shop. He is meticulous with the cars and works on 410 Super America’s to 430/575/360/355 you name it. Many of the F-Car owners with large collection use him now that Mark Spencer has disappeared.

Mark-Veloce Motors- MIA—was great with all the cars but has left the business to my understanding.

Tony-Modena Motors- Went to work at F of SV in the last few years. Not a good fit reopened Modena Motors but only works on 1 persons car(big private collector) many of you know who I am talking about.

Ferrari of SV-Enough said.

Craig- Passion Motor cars—Ex Ferrari of Los Gatos guy. Great with the earlier cars does not have the computer to work on cars 1991 and newer unless you are just servicing.

Again, these are just my thoughts and they relate more to large services not general maintain ace. I have been told by many guys that they have had majors done by each of them with great satisfaction. The net is it is very difficult to find a great mechanic for Ferrari’s but the dealers do a nice job and these independents are very good depending on what you are having done.

Not sure if it helps or not but hope it clears up a few items.