Ferarri 365 GT 1966 - 1971 Dashboard Instrument Panel with Veglia Borletti gauges? | FerrariChat

Ferarri 365 GT 1966 - 1971 Dashboard Instrument Panel with Veglia Borletti gauges?

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by PeadarMcC, Jan 15, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PeadarMcC

PeadarMcC Rookie

Jan 15, 2018
    Full Name:
    Peadar McCarthy
    Hi, I have this Ferarri 365 GT 1966 - 1971 Dashboard Instrument Panel with Veglia Borletti gauges and wondering does anyone know much about it from looking at it and the approx value.

The gauges are all in very good clean condition with no cracks or visible damage. It's in both MPH and KMH so a European model (I'm based in Ireland so it's probably from an original car here). The top speed is 140mph so I'm reckoning it's from one of the earlier 365's?

There are some minor grazes on the upholstery cladding but nothing a professional Upholstry repairer can't deal with any day of the week. The veneer has two minor splinter cracks which I've highlighted in the photo.

I'm shooting a low budget horror thriller movie in May and need every penny I can get so sticking it on ebay in the next week or two and would like to know a bit more about it.

One comment said "the top graduation of speed at 140mph seems to be on the low side for a V12 Ferrari from the 1960's. Most counters I have seen for those show a top graduation at 180mph."

Any thoughts or ideas let me know!

Thanks a mill

P

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
  3. JP365

JP365 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    John F
    #3 JP365, Jan 15, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
    While I can't guarantee those aren't early gauges, they look nothing like the ones on my 1969. I've never seen a 60s Ferrari instrument cluster that didn't have the Cavallino on the face of the speedometer and tachometer. The housing looks correct. Also, where are the bezels? Without the Ferrari gauges, maybe $250? They look like Fiat gauges to my eye, but most fiat gauges have the FIAT name on the face.

4. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    I don't think that's from a Ferrari-- early Fiat Spyder, maybe?

5. PeadarMcC

PeadarMcC Rookie

Jan 15, 2018
    Full Name:
    Peadar McCarthy
    Thanks Donv, JP365 & Miurasv, I think you're all right on the money. Looking online it would seem the FIAT Spyder had a MPH & KMH Clock that went to 140mph. So like you're saying it's possibly a Ferrari housing with Fiat gauges. Really appreciate the feedback on this. I was more curious than anything else myself as I knew something wasn't 100% right but didn't know what.
    Thanks again and much appreciated.
    Love the dashboard Miurasv!
    P

6. 365gtfr

365gtfr Karting

Dec 8, 2016
    France
  7. Gary Baldy

Gary Baldy Rookie

Oct 30, 2022
    Full Name:
    Gary Baldwin
    Those are the correct gauges. Look exactly like the gauges in my 1970 365 GT 2+2. Still available?

8. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
  9. Gary Baldy

Gary Baldy Rookie

Oct 30, 2022
    Full Name:
    Gary Baldwin
    @Edward 96GTS: My mistake - I was looking at 365gtfr's picture, not the one in the original post. You're right of course, and I'm sorry if I caused any confusion. I'll pay better attention in the future... :)

Edward 96GTS likes this.