Ferarri to ramp prod to 5K/y by 2007 | FerrariChat

Ferarri to ramp prod to 5K/y by 2007

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by ze_shark, Feb 22, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ze_shark

ze_shark Formula 3

Jul 13, 2003
    Switzerland (NW)
    Read in this month's Evo (p24), LDM reported to say that Maser & Ferrari combined will reach 15000 cars/year by 2007, 10000 Maseratis and 5000 Ferraris.
    The increase in Ferrari production is said to address surging demand from China and other emerging markets, leaving the rest of the world with the same tight supply (and supposedly high residuals).

2. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    that's an increase of just over 15% off last year's numbers?

i'd be surprised if mainland China can consume half what NA consumes in a year, but i have been surprised before ;)

i can't wait for the "new euro" NA cars that'll basically be exported from China for importation to the US. that should be an entertaining process :)

doody.

3. ze_shark

ze_shark Formula 3

Jul 13, 2003
    Switzerland (NW)
    I don't think China alone will swallow that many cars, although I am sure that there is a healthy customer base in Shanghai and Beijing.
    As I wrote, the article refered to China and other emerging markets. I guess that Russia and former Soviet republics, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia can each swallow a few dozen cars a year.

As for grey market imports, I am pretty sure that non-refundable import duties will make these cars totally unaffordable. Taiwan and Singapore slam all imports with 80% or more import duties, making anyting not produced locally insanely expensive.