Ferrambo | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ferrambo

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Easy E, Aug 28, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    #26 GaryReed, Sep 17, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2008
    Erik,

Here's a link to photos/details of the Ferrari "Torpedo" (w/550 engine) that was built by Steve Moal for car collector Ed Zausner.

I saw the car in person at the 2004 Concorso in Monterey and it is just AMAZING!!!

http://www.moal.com/04_gallery/00gal-torpedo/index.php

2. Easy E

Easy E Karting

Feb 14, 2008
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Erik Clover
    Thanks Gary,

That is a very cool car too, thanks for finding that link.
    Maybe our rambler will end up in Monterey sometime soon.

3. ALTA ADAM

ALTA ADAM Formula Junior

Feb 27, 2007
    PDX, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Adam
    DUDE? I mean seriously? Some of your comments can be taken as lighthearted and generally cynical, but this one seriously makes YOU look silly! Even with 5000+ posts doesn't make an expert you! Do a google search for the Ridler award and educate yourself. How one man or woman chooses to spend their money to best another one is their decision. But to say you wouldn't pay a nickle for it come on?!

Or do we all sense a bit of jealousy? Hmmmmmmmmmmm..........

4. 2NA

2NA F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 29, 2006
    Twin Cities
    Full Name:
    Tim Keseluk
    Give me a break!

I gave the builder credit for the achievement, a truly outstanding work.

That said, I wouldn't want it, at any price. It's definitely not my thing.

Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should.

5. 4RE42

4RE42 Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2006
    Salem, OR
    Full Name:
    Michael & Melinda
    1.5 mil?? i think i would buy an Enzo and a challenge car instead (and a smart car too?) No offense to anyone.
    mb

6. h2oskier

h2oskier F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2006
    inside someone hot
    Full Name:
    MJA
    I'm not surprised of the asking (probably less than they spent) I'm more surprised of the "runs and drives beautifully" when it was at the Tacoma Dome the builders said it didn't run very well yet (after it won the Riddler) and they also didn't know if they would be able to work all of the bugs out.

In person it looks pretty cool but it's only worth somewhere between the earlier nickel and 100k or so to me. Old cars aren't my deal so the Riddler doesn't mean as much to me as most. I'd probably even say the Riddler award is only known by a small group of people in the world and 95% of the US doesn't even know what it is.