Ferrari 0798 & Jaguar XKD501 | FerrariChat

Ferrari 0798 & Jaguar XKD501

Discussion in 'Vintage Ferrari Market' started by Timmmmmmmmmmy, Jul 7, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Timmmmmmmmmmy

Timmmmmmmmmmy F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2010
    NZ
    Full Name:
    Timothy Russell
  2. jennifer marks

Apr 6, 2018
    Full Name:
    jennifer marks
    wow that is amazzzzzzzzing

3. Timmmmmmmmmmy

Timmmmmmmmmmy F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2010
    NZ
    Full Name:
    Timothy Russell
    What is amazzzzzzzing? The Jag sold for $20 million, now that was amazing:)

4. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Give her a break it was her first post--two years late but WTH?

5. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    I totally agree - she is brand new - welcome Jennifer

6. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I love 0798.

Timmmmmmmmmmy likes this.
  7. Timmmmmmmmmmy

Timmmmmmmmmmy F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2010
    NZ
    Full Name:
    Timothy Russell
    I didn't mean my reply to be rude, nor come across as such, hence the "smillie" face and my general interest in what she said was amazing. I also meant that $20 million for the Jaguar IS amazing and even the bid on #0798 was pretty amazing.
    Welcome Jennifer.

8. Timmmmmmmmmmy

Timmmmmmmmmmy F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2010
    NZ
    Full Name:
    Timothy Russell
    I have Godfreys book on the Dino SPs and it is fascinating that they built the SOHC series engines in so many formats, 2 litre V6, 2.8 litre V6, 2.4 litre V8, 2.6 litre V8, some of which were well down on power. That they also moved to the Tipo 168 series V12 at the end of the year made the investment in the SOHC design and development seem like a waste although the same general architecture (in 60 degree, DOHC form) was dusted off for use in the 206GT Dino some years later. All of the machiavelian intrigue with the old guard of Hill and Chiti departing and Surtees and Foghieri arriving only adds to the mystery. As for the Dino's, whats your thoughts on #0796 (Nye - destroyed in '63 or Massini - exists in the UK c'88) and #0800 - built for Moss or never existed? I do love these cars and Godfreys book is quite wonderful and cheaply available for anyone interested.
    https://www.abebooks.co.uk/book-search/title/ferrari-dino/author/godfrey/

9. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    0798 is the best sounding Ferrari I have ever heard or driven,better than any V12. if you like the car see my two part article for which I did a lot or research and interviews in Europe and the US in:

-Issue 121 February 2001 cover photo. Summary photo. 268SP part 1 bio text and salon photoshoot 13 pages.
    -Issue 122 April 2001 268SP part 2 bio text and test drive.

It is the only car I have seen in four countries, I first photographed it and rode in it with Bill Noon in La Jolla California, then in May of 1998, a very special month for various reasons I stayed as guest at the London home of its owner and drove it on the roads near Silverstone for the article, Photographed it at Stowe school nearby and at the circuit.
    I had first seen it at Cartier exhibition in the late 80's near Paris.

It was very rewarding to do all this because it is a very little known transitional era of Ferrari when the company quite reluctantly tackled this "new fangled rear engine thing" which Signor Ferrari did not like at all....

Timmmmmmmmmmy likes this.