News

Ferrari 0855 Ellena

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by enio45, Sep 23, 2014.

1. enio45

enio45 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
    summit john......

as it relates to the the cuffed ends on the fresh air duck hose - is made in california - same place i believe newco gets their from, except they offer the cuffs as a small extra.

2. Ed Niles

Ed Niles Formula 3
    Honorary

Sep 7, 2004
    West Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Edwin K. Niles
    I love this thread! Great work. Curious: does this car have the trans with the "backward" shift pattern?

3. enio45

enio45 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Thank you Ed -

This car has the normal shift pattern.....

I always wondered - what designated if you got the "backward" shift pattern?

My good friend has a Boano and it is backwards as we would know it.

4. colombo2cam

colombo2cam Karting

Jan 31, 2019
    Full Name:
    Ted Reimel
    I drove a freinds Boano years ago with a backwards transmission. I thought it was unique to that car. Was it common for that model?

5. enio45

enio45 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
    I don't know for sure, but i do not think so.....

i guess no right hand drive boano's nor ellena were made?

6. Ed Niles

Ed Niles Formula 3
    Honorary

Sep 7, 2004
    West Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Edwin K. Niles
    I was curious only because I had 2 Boanos, and both had the reverse pattern. Never understood the logic.

7. enio45

enio45 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Another update to stuff - never ends!

Previous pictures show the steering column installed - that was just for a quick test fit, alignment and bearing placement analysis.

I removed the steering column and installed a new steering bearing, installed the horn contact brass surround and installed the horn contact button. On the horn button, i had upper mounting piece usually made of rubber insulator made from delron so that i can permanently place the horn button in position. Over time with the rubber piece, the button would/could slip downtime shaft and not make contact as required for the grounding. The Delron piece fixes this permanently and should resolve the potential issue.

Lastly in installed turn signal cancel thingie......the little bumps on the ring flip the turn signal switch back to center position.
    Pretty basic operation. Lastly the horn contact at the brass surround, mounts under the dash and rubs the surround as the wheel turns. I had to make a new brass contact, restored the pieces and now ready for install as well.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. John Vardanian

John Vardanian F1 Rookie

Jul 1, 2004
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    John Vardanian
    Ed, I wonder if you've had the presence of mind to log your hours. I wished I had.

john

9. enio45

enio45 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
    John, i did not.....im sure it is a lot :eek:

VetroresinaNL likes this.