Ferrari 1 - 2 in Imola on Sunday? | FerrariChat

Ferrari 1 - 2 in Imola on Sunday?

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by tifosi12, Apr 21, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Not only has the Scuderia dominated all three races this season, now they experimented with some "magic" fuel and also will come out with an improved aero package for Imola.

Wanna win in San Marino? Ride the curbs!

2. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
  3. Bertus

Bertus Formula 3

Mar 1, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Bert S
  4. alx355gt

alx355gt F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    Of course they will have a 1-2 in Italy!!! :D:D Party time again for all tifosi this sunday!

5. 4i2fly

4i2fly Formula 3

Apr 16, 2004
    SF, Bay Area
    The Ferrari Flag will be out Thursday night to support the team. I am just wondering when the other teams are going to get their act together. If Barachello does not make the wrong decision on the set up we should expect a 1 2 finish! Looking forward to the race!

Cheers,

6. murph7355

murph7355 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2002
    SE England Yorkie
    Full Name:
    Andy
    It'd be nice as I'll be there in the 355 :)

1st trip to Imola and cannot wait!

7. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Uh, oh, a newbie, can I give you the secret hand shake?
    :)

Seriously, you're in for a treat. Check out the Senna memorial and the Ferrari artwork at the entrance. Have a few beers after the race in the restaurants outside. Get some Pannini and enjoy the numerous gorgeous fans.

One thing I missed to do, but would in hindsight: Check out the helicopter landing site and get a ride over the track. Must be awesome.

8. alx355gt

alx355gt F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    Driving an F355 from Great-Brittain to Imola AND watching the Grand Prix! Lucky, lucky you! :D:D Enjoy your trip! How long will you stay in Italy?

9. murph7355

murph7355 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2002
    SE England Yorkie
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Oh it gets better...

Visiting the factory next Tuesday, deTomaso on Wednesday and hopefully the Panini Collection, Lambo and/or Pagani whilst there. Then on to Florence, Siena, Pisa and Milan.

Into Switzerland to visit the Blancpain factory in Le Brassus (watches), then San Remo and a stay in Monaco (with a blast around the Col de Turini).

From there it'll be gentle cruising across the South of France, then Andorra and Spain. Going down to Andalucia, then up to Porto, back across Spain and the Pyrennes and then the West coast of France. Quick drive across the Loire valley and then home.

I reckon it's 6k miles, maybe more depending on detours. Should be home mid-June.

Sadly no other GPs are convenient for this timetable. Nor are the rallies.

Once home, I'm currently planning a trip to the US to visit every State, plus Canada and to drive all the way down to the Southern tip of Argentina before getting on a boat to Antarctica. That, sadly, will be in less exotic transport. Probably a Toyota LandCruiser.

Of course, if something lets go big time in the 355, all plans (incl. the US!) may have to be changed :)

10. Bertus

Bertus Formula 3

Mar 1, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Bert S

WOOOWWWW

That is one NICE trip :D

Enjoy !!!

11. alx355gt

alx355gt F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    Woow, you sure know how to organize a great trip! :) Very nice places you'll cruise through! Again, enjoy it! But I'm sure that won't be a problem :)

12. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    While I'm a Ferrari fan, I'm not exactly drooling over the thought of a Scuderia 1-2. Call me selfish, but I've never really been much for blowouts.

13. Tom S

Tom S Formula Junior

Jan 2, 2003
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Thomas Saupe
    I'll take a blow out as long as it's Ferrari. Here's hoping for another 1-2 this weekend!

14. Anthony_Ferrari

Anthony_Ferrari Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Sheffield, UK
    Full Name:
    Anthony Currie
    Need a co-pilot?

15. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Ditto that.

16. Adrenln328

Adrenln328 Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2003
    Kingston, Wa, USA
    Full Name:
    Byron
    Sounds magnificent, I'm jealous! I arrive in Rome for my trip just after the race is over, so I'll enjoy the celebrations with the local tifosi.
    By the way, I planned the trip to Italy several months ago, with the very firm intention of doing the factory tour, but have been told that it isn't open for tours until late Aug. How did you arrange that?

17. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    I hope for a 1-2 Ferrari podium. :)
    But I want to see McLaren and Williams at their best...with Renault and BAR.
    Sure I like to see both Ferrari up front with a 30+ sec lead but I'd rather see a very close race like almost every race last season.

Forza Ferrari!

18. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    It is looking damm good right now.

Practice 1 results

MS 1st 1:20.084
    RB 2nd 1:21.443
    RS 3rd 1:22.205

Forza Ferrari!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    These BARs go like crazy. MS third behind them in practice.

20. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    Andreas,

To me it looked like Ferrari was working on the race day set up as they found the speed in the first session.

But i agree that the BAR's have been the eye opener of this season.

Rob

21. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Oh absolutely. I'm not worried about Ferrari. I'm just stating the fact, that BAR is having their best season ever. And did you notice Williams? Were they even in Imola? Montoya more than a second back? Did they turn into Jordans?

PS: It is so much cooler to watch the on board cameras after having driven the track virtually on the PC. It looks exactly the same and where they have problem (e.g. Montoya going a little wide and had to quickly correct at Variante Alta) I had a problem in the sim. It adds so much to the viewing experience.
    :)

22. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    Andreas,

The on board shot i like the best is the one showing the front wing element flexing downward under the aero load, Eventhough the FIA say that they are not allowed to do this.

Rob

23. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Er, have another look ... ;) ... ie. Prequalifying.

Pete

24. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Yes of course. I guess they were just working on the race setup. JPM came through in qualifying, pretty cool. I'm looking forward to the race. We might finally have a real one.