Ferrari 126C2 1:8 | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Ferrari 126C2 1:8

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by Peperbus, Jan 24, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BLACK HORSE

BLACK HORSE Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2004
    California - Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Agree.... however in all fairness this guy still did an incredible job on it and if someone saw the model, they woudn't be able to argue the fact that some colors or details aren't factual or not.

Also believe it or not... there's not a whole lot of data and up close reference images on the internet for the 126C2 and in all race versions. I too have a 1:12 Revell kit that I’m in the process of building and I can’t find images in regards to the cockpit area and under the body shell to see what details/colors I can add that my kit doesn’t provide and or improve on. Recently I was told by a well-known 312T5 owner, “No one knows if a original 126C2 still exist, and there might be one in Europe but again no one knows how much of it was modified, rebuild and in original condition". If anyone has images or knows more about the 126 C2 Ferrari, please post images.

Rob

2. GV27TIFOSI

GV27TIFOSI Karting

Jan 12, 2008
    Peoria, Arizona USA
    Full Name:
    DT
    #77 GV27TIFOSI, Oct 3, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
    I had a thread where I displayed pictures of an alleged 126C2, but it had many questions.
    I had previously heard the only survivor 126C2 was in a French collection and was a later in the season version. Search my posts sorry.
    The Jonathon Thompson book Ferrari Turbo book has some great pictures and I have collected quite a few in internet searches, use Google images and click on some of the links attached to the photos and you will find amazing research material, also Google images are loaded with viruses as they don't bother to screen their material for such!
    I have two Protar kits, but not a 1:8th!
    The original drawings still exist and would have thought on the 30th anniversary some sort of effort would have been produced, even Mattel ...eeek!
    http://s57.photobucket.com/albums/g219/davida54/Gilles%20Villeneuve/#!cpZZ2QQtppZZ36

GV27TIFOSI

3. Villeneuve27gilles

Oct 1, 2012
    what version are you trying to build? I have researched this car quite a bit.There are also two books that could be usefull but not totally revealing. They are Meri Model Kit guide: Ferrari 126C2 and F1 Modelling magazine number 38.
    The Protar kit has also inacurate rims and tires for some of the races (actually come to think of it it could be all, would have to double check my findings again) as that car ran in different configurations troughout the season

There is an original 126C2 although it is not a EX Villeneuve car in Europe.It is probably Chasis number 061. (regarding the comments on the link, farmerboy is me...)
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQa7USjlECA[/ame]

4. Villeneuve27gilles

Oct 1, 2012
    those are indeed nice pictures of that 061 chasis. And yes you are right that is a later season version.

5. furmano

furmano Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Furman
    This seems to be the case with most 1:8 kits. However I just completed the 1:8 Rosso 643 kit and it was a pretty easy build. It didn't require too much kit bashing. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up.

-F

6. Peperbus

Peperbus Karting

Jul 8, 2008
    The Netherlands (071
    Full Name:
    Ton
    The maker of the car claimed that he worked in close corporation with Mauro Forghieri who lives in Brescia also. And when I look at the details of engine etc it looks like an inside job to me...but who knows. :)

7. Villeneuve27gilles

Oct 1, 2012
    Yes Ton the engine is very good, but there are some obvious body parts that look to be a copy of the Protar except in 1:8 scale. Starting with the engine cowling for starters.

8. Richard Scholtyssek

Dec 23, 2017
    Full Name:
    Richard Scholtyssek
    Hi, my name is Richard
    I buy the Promocom Ferrari 126c2 in very bad condicion . I will make the model to a top modell. Can somebody help me. I need a Diagramm from the engine and chassis. The parts are not realy the best prezisions.
    Have sombody the builder instructions to make me easyer to strip the model down to the last screw?