Ferrari 126C2 Rims | FerrariChat

Ferrari 126C2 Rims

Discussion in 'F1' started by Racman26, Nov 6, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Racman26

Racman26 Rookie

Nov 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    Alan Rachlin
    I’m working on a 1:8 scale model of the 126C2 (Promocom), and have realized that the supplied rims may not be entirely accurate. Photos of the car at the different races in 1982 seem to show rims with differing profiles and in some cases different hub spokes. Does anyone know of any records as to what rims were used in the different races in ‘82? Any suggestions who to ask?

Many thanks,

2. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Interesting question. I'm hopeful someone in the F1 section will be able to help.

Good luck! :)

All the best,
    Andrew.

3. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Here's what I found....hope it helps.

http://i.imgur.com/HVaME5g.jpg (larger pic)

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010
    The 126C2 has the gold 8 spoke centers in all-races as far I can tell. The wheel lip profile may be a bit different in the earlier season (more of a 'stepped' design) compared to later (which is more of a 'dish')? But this might be a question of the lighting/polish...

It should be fairly easy to tell what race you model is from (wing configuration, who's the driver etc.) shouldn't it?

(Pironi, Brazil)
    [​IMG]

(Mario, Vegas finale)

[​IMG]

5. Racman26

Racman26 Rookie

Nov 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    Alan Rachlin
    Thanks for the photos. I know which race my kit is from. That’s not the issue. Promocom sold the kit in four different versions with differing front and rear wings and differing exhaust shields, representing differing race versions (Imola, Zolder, South Africa/Brazil and Long Beach), but all shipped with the same rims. What I’m trying to sort out is whether there should also be rim differences.

6. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010
    So which race does your kit represent?

7. Racman26

Racman26 Rookie

Nov 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    Alan Rachlin
    I currently have the Zolder version, but am trying to find/buy the others as well.

I have a machinist who can fabricate correct rims if I can satisfy myself what they looked like.

8. Banzai!

Banzai! Karting

Mar 1, 2013
    Here's a link to the most compressive guide I know of, for the 126C-2 as raced throughout the 82 season.

http://bit.ly/1oxy29H

NEP and daytona355 like this.
  9. Racman26

Racman26 Rookie

Nov 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    Alan Rachlin
    Wow, it’s fantastic! Thanks!

10. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    That is an amazing document..... so much knowledge, I’m surprised those guys could put so much together from what must have been hectic memories of the cars history

NEP likes this.
  11. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    That's a fantastic resource!

One thing I will say though, on page 40 it states: "Note that the Agip sticker on the side pod is, in fact, quite crooked!"

That's actually a little bit misleading, and a bit of poor observation!

If you look closely, you can see that both the "Agip" and the "MAGNETTI MARELLI" stickers have been fitted to the car angled to follow the upper surface of the sidepod.

Ferrari had two choices when it came to these stickers:

1) Fit them level with the black side-skirt section.
    2) Fit them in line with the upper surface of the sidepod.

For whatever reason, Ferrari picked option No.2 (Chances are they just thought it looked sportier ) - So no, the "Agip" sticker isn't really crooked, it's been put on at an angle deliberately.