Ferrari 250 Gte Cold air hoses | FerrariChat

Ferrari 250 Gte Cold air hoses

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by christc, Aug 4, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. christc

christc Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2013
    Germany
    Hi guys,

I am looking for information on the cold air hoses which run through the bulkhead on the 250 Gte on the right side. Mine is a Series 3. I know how the hoses run inside the car. But I do not know the situation in the engine compartement where they exit the bulkhead directly behind the battery.

I do have three questions:

1.) Do the hoses just run through the bulkhead or is there a special fixture for it? With my car they were just stuck through and fixed with some black body gum glue.

2.) Where do the hoses end on the engine compartement side behind the battery? Is there some kind of fixture?

3.) I in addition wonder where the 3 elbos (see photo) should go to or if they at all belong to a series 3?

Thanks a lot!!!
    Chris
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. 4redude

4redude Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2005
    Fungus Corner
    Full Name:
    Brian Keegan
    Those 3 elbow hoses go on the heater box under the dash.

3. John Vardanian

John Vardanian F1 Rookie

Jul 1, 2004
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    John Vardanian
    Chris, if you go to the "Resources" then "Manuals" pages of this website you'll find the owners' manual to your car. On Page 19 there is a diagram that shows the air ducting system. This should answer your questions. The elbows in the upper picture go on other model Ferraris of that period.

john

4. christc

christc Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2013
    Germany
    Hi John,

thanks for the answer. I know the picture but it only shows the big hoses running from the front to the big fresh air outlets in the cars footwell on the left and right. It does not show the small ones going to the air vents in the dashboard. These are the ones entering the engine compartement behind the battery. I am kooking for info how they are rooted on the engine compartement and what they are mounted to.

Thanks a lot
    Chris

5. John Vardanian

John Vardanian F1 Rookie

Jul 1, 2004
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    John Vardanian
    Chris, on the Page 19 diagram I do see a pair of smaller hoses that go from the fan box to a pair of (demister) outlets on the dash.

john

6. christc

christc Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2013
    Germany
    Hi John,

that is right. They are going to the screen defrosters. But there are additional hoses in a Series 3 running from the dasboard vents to the right side of the bulkhead behind the battery. I guess in the engine compartement they are either somehow connected to the big hose on the right side or to another fixture. I would need to know how this looks like. The manual picture is for a Series 1 and I guess it did have a different setup in regard to the fresh air hoses.

Thanks
    Chris

7. christc

christc Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2013
    Germany
    Hi,

found a picture on Tom Yangs blog from may 2001 showing air hose connectors from a 330 America. Does a 250 S3 look the same? And are the hoses directly connected to the fresh aur hose in the fender?

Thanks
    Chris
    Image Unavailable, Please Login