FERRARI 250 GTO...!!!

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by 134282, Apr 20, 2004.

1. We have now implemented a page that contains launching points to Ferrari News, Ferrari Classifieds, Popular Threads, and Uploaded Media. The idea is to view this Home Page to get all your Ferrari content from one place. Please see the thread below for more info and bug reports. Thanks! https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/ferrarichat-home-page.577616/
  1. MalteseVA

MalteseVA Karting

Oct 7, 2008
    the sellers absolutely do not want the world to know the price

2. miurasv

miurasv F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    #352 miurasv, Jun 8, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
    ...and yet the sellers of 4153GT will have benefited hugely from the hype in the market perpetuated by the transparency and claims of mega prices in previous GTO sales. In the absence of that transparency the market would not be what it is today and they would not have achieved the undoubted high price they will have received.

3. MalteseVA

MalteseVA Karting

Oct 7, 2008
    Very valid point!

4. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I'm sure there is government paperwork with sales price just like home sales somewhere, but not as public and may require some PI like credentials. Looking up car registration info for plates, addresses, sales price for tax, etc. I've never done that as it doesn't matter to me but there likely is a way if someone really cares.

5. Timmmmmmmmmmy

Timmmmmmmmmmy Formula 3

Apr 5, 2010
    NZ
    Full Name:
    Timothy Russell
    While not official confirmation, insider information from Marcel and others who are privy to the sale has revealed in this and the other threads that the price was somewhere in the $65 - 70 mm US range. That's enough to be quotable.

6. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    That's close enough for people. I never understood why some what to know the exact amount. A ballpark estimate is more than enough. Thanks.

Timmmmmmmmmmy and Daytonafan like this.
  7. Tired of seeing this ad? Upgrade now
  8. Sharknose

Sharknose Karting

Feb 17, 2004
    Pennsylvania

9. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    I missed seeing that car at Simeone by a couple months. I was there in late 2016 hoping to see it, but apparently it was in Nashville at that time and then next seen at ATL on a pallet flying out to the UK. I love blue Ferraris...probably my favorite GTO just based on photos. I was surprised at how long it was listed for sale/consignment and it sold for in the $40s I think...bargain imo compared to some paintings that have gone for similar or more.

10. miurasv

miurasv F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    Great video of 250 GTO 3445GT at Villa d'Este, 2018.

Tar Heel 4RE and NürScud like this.
  11. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    My all time favourite 250 GTO!