News

FERRARI 250 GTO...!!!

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by 134282, Apr 20, 2004.

1. readplays

readplays Formula 3

Aug 22, 2008
    New York City
    Full Name:
    Dave Powers
    For sure. Complete with Rosebud Racing Team logo on the side.

mcimino likes this.
  2. Ed Niles

Ed Niles Formula 3
    Honorary

Sep 7, 2004
    West Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Edwin K. Niles
    Re: GTO v. LM. The LM is extremely hot, very noisy, and has a gearbox that's hard to master. My buyer of 5909, Sonny Bono, destroyed the gearbox inside of a month. The GTO,imho, is considerably more pleasant to drive. Just my 2c.

375+, Caeruleus11 and mcimino like this.
  3. DWR46

DWR46 Formula 3
    Honorary

Jun 19, 2012
    Ed is exactly correct. The LM is very much pure race car, considerably quicker than the GTO (8 seconds at Laguna Seca), much less comfortable, and more difficult to live with. The GTO is one of those rare cars that is everything it is "cracked up" to be. GTO's make any driver look great, easy to drive in all conditions, no problems with controls, never surprise you. I have been lucky enough to spend lots of time in both on public roads over the years. VERY DIFFERENT cars.

Lusso123 and 375+ like this.
  4. cheesey2

cheesey2 Rookie

May 16, 2018
    Full Name:
    Ivars Blumenau
    letting someone take photos of your car can be dangerous to its' health and security

digital photos may contain GPS coordinates ( if not disabled )…. if posted to the internet... allowing anyone in the world to look up the exact location of the car at the time the photo was taken... especially anyone looking for anything of value to steal

5. Ed Niles

Ed Niles Formula 3
    Honorary

Sep 7, 2004
    West Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Edwin K. Niles
    That's why God made insurance.