ferrari 296 gt3 | FerrariChat

ferrari 296 gt3

Discussion in 'Challenge/GT Cars/Track' started by maha, Mar 16, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
  2. chrixxx

chrixxx Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2004
    Lucerne
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Assembled in France, developed by Ferrari - in Maranello. And Oreca is a very respected company with great knowledge. The car needs to be fast, reliable and if running costs are lower than today this will be welcome too... the location of the assembling doesn't make it a better or worse race car. and that is all what counts.

Over the last couple of months I've got close insights as Ferrari tested components and solutions for the new GT3. we often shared the track for our WEC preparation with the development team and I had a few chats with the people involved. the car will be great, some very interesting development is going on and considering the current "situation" ongoing with the previous supplier I think it was the right time to move more responsibility and control over the process in house.

gto4me1968, NürScud, Ryan S. and 6 others like this.
  3. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    LARRYH, furmano, NürScud and 4 others like this.
  4. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    what's the problem with michelotto. ferrari's contract with oreca, is it temporary or it'll continue for life? if they do all the development work i think it takes little effort to set-up a production line dedicated to gt racers in maranello. their new building in fiorano seems bigger than michelotto. Image Unavailable, Please Login

NürScud and ingegnere like this.
  5. chrixxx

chrixxx Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2004
    Lucerne
    Full Name:
    Chris
    nothing is for life ;) the contract will be basically for a few years with renewal options on both sides or its is contracted for some specific projects. the decision to use suppliers for assembling is usually due to the need of flexibility, costs, setup time etc. Oreca is based in Le Castellet at the HTT Paul Ricard with great test facilites in front of the workshop. the new Building you mentioned is the new Corse Clienti HQ with the Competizioni GT Department, development, design and management and the major project is the design, construction and build of the new upcoming LMH (plus the storage for the F1 Clienti cars as well). F1 and LMH will be fully build in house versus the customer-oriented GT3 racing cars will be assambled by Oreca.

That the Story with Michelotto has ended is very regrettable but from Ferraris point of view it makes total sense and was obviously necessary to get control over their own products.

Caeruleus11 and ingegnere like this.
  6. tomgt

tomgt F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 22, 2004
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Tom Wiggers
    Let’s see which teams will stay with Ferrari in 2023….

Michelotto’s 488GT currently the best GT car ever in F history. Period.

7. Maximus1973

Maximus1973 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2016
    Very stoked to test drive this baby. Placed my PO right away today; as if dealer needed my go ahead…!
    Very bold for Ferrari to actually release renders; they hardly ever do that on new models.
    It surely must mean that the finished product will closely resemble this render.

Also very interesting to see how they will match the performance of the previous V8 which has a higher base hp compared to the standard V6 in the 296gtb.
    I’m hoping for massive weight savings….

furmano, NürScud, Ryan S. and 2 others like this.
  8. chrixxx

chrixxx Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2004
    Lucerne
    Full Name:
    Chris
    at the end, the BoP will dictate HP and weight... we currently run the 488 GT3/GTE's somewhere in the 500/600+ hp and the minimum weight around 1245kg (if you run it in a FIA sanctioned championship, not talking about track day versions or upcoming Challenge version).

StregaP likes this.
  9. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    We are also ordering these and hopefully the orders are fulfilled.

NürScud and Ryan S. like this.
  10. Theothertopgearfan

Sep 15, 2021
    Full Name:
    The stig
    I hope the lmh gets renders very soon as well

11. chrixxx

chrixxx Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2004
    Lucerne
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I'm here at Sebring with the Competizioni GT Management, I can submit your order if you like :D :D :D

StregaP likes this.
  12. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    looks so much better than the standard car and will drive so much better too
    wondering how sutible it'll be to turn it into a road car

13. -K1-

-K1- Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2008
    Northern Italy
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Gobsmacked by how good this looks. No hybrid ✔️

LARRYH likes this.
  14. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Yes, there are at least 3 of us that want one. We all run Challenge currently.

NürScud and chrixxx like this.
  15. -K1-

-K1- Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2008
    Northern Italy
    Full Name:
    Ken
    What’s the money do you think?

16. chrixxx

chrixxx Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2004
    Lucerne
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I was told similar to the 488 GT3 which is around 600K EUR net today.

the buying price is not important, the running costs are and it should be significantly lower as this was one of the targets for the new GT3 weapon.

Running costs today of the 488 GT3 are 35 EUR/Kilometer / 488 GTE are 50 EUR/Kilometer. exclusive Tires, Insurance and Fuel.

An Aston GT3 you run for around 12-15 EUR...

NürScud, Ryan S., StregaP and 3 others like this.
  17. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I'm expecting these to be very difficult to get.

18. chrixxx

chrixxx Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2004
    Lucerne
    Full Name:
    Chris
    absolutely not? even you can't order it yet, the cars will be available for Season 2023. there is no limitation, never was, never will be...

sure if you want the car ready for your testing in january 23 you better place your oder soon. The GT3 Cars you dont order via the dealer, you can order direct via Competizioni GT. We do talk here about different cars than road cars or challenge cars.

snowboy458 likes this.
  19. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Today I was told otherwise. Apparently the dealerships have some say into allocations now. However, I hope you are right otherwise more dealer games.

20. chrixxx

chrixxx Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2004
    Lucerne
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I think your dealer has no clue (as the usual ferrari dealer doesnt know a flying fart about GTE and GT3 Racecars) there is no limitation on availablity or any restrictions in terms of buying.

Where are you based? Europe/US?

NürScud, sfcorse and Gh21631 like this.
  21. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I'm in the US. I'll meet the motorsport guys in Daytona in a few weeks and will start the conversations.

22. chrixxx

chrixxx Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2004
    Lucerne
    Full Name:
    Chris
    yes there is the Club Competizioni GT in Daytona in a few weeks, talk to them, I can send you some names via PM. Better you talk to them direct.

23. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Yes we have Challenge event April 9 amd 10. Please send the names, I appreciate that.

NürScud likes this.