ferrari 308 gtb or 1985gts | Page 2 | FerrariChat

ferrari 308 gtb or 1985gts

Discussion in '308/328' started by marcussean, Apr 25, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Matto

Matto Formula 3

Dec 26, 2011
    Mooresville, NC USA
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Throwing in my vote for the '85 GTS. I do love mine.

2. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #27 miketuason, Apr 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. Crowndog

Crowndog F1 Veteran

Jul 16, 2011
    Fairfield,Pa
    Full Name:
    Robert
    My vote GTS. There is a reason they made more of these.

4. Matto

Matto Formula 3

Dec 26, 2011
    Mooresville, NC USA
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    6'3", 235lb and I am very comfortable in my GTS (stock interior), including extended trips and with the top on. It's just a matter of taking time to find the right adjustment settings for everything. I haven't needed a steering wheel extender. I really like the driving position, as-is. First gear puts the shifter against my leg, but that's fine now that I went from the giant aluminum knob back to the original small knob. To me, a very comfortable car.

5. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

I just went through this. I went with a '77 GTB for all of the positive reasons stated above.

Good Luck!

6. butcher

butcher Formula 3

Oct 19, 2008
    Castro Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Albert
    GTB is so beautiful!

7. shashi27

shashi27 Formula Junior

Jan 7, 2006
    Long Valley, NJ
    Full Name:
    Shashi
    QV GTB. Why compromise. ;-)

8. ztarum

ztarum Formula 3

Mar 30, 2008
    South Jersey, USA
    Nice. That's the route I went.

Everyone tends to push what they own, and I'm no different. I really like my GTB QV, but what I really like is that it's a euro spec car. I would love to try an earlier carb GTB, but for me it's euro or nothing. Unfortunately there weren't may euro carb GTB's floating around when I was looking, nor are there now.

9. wazie7262

wazie7262 Formula 3

Feb 13, 2008
    Temecula, CA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Don't blame ya there ;-) I've had a dry sump 308 and currently have an early U.S. version that I've somewhat "Euro'd" -- bumpers and such. However, my current car came with QA-1 shocks, thicker roll bars, Wilwood brakes, faster steering rack, and 17" Speedlines, so it's kind of hard to compare the two cars, as the current car is much more dynamic in its handling and braking. I DO remember the dry sump blowing the snot out of a U.S. 328 I also had at the time; it was just a raw, snotty little car. So...as you state...definitely go Euro if you can.