Taken Off Market - Ferrari 308GTB 1977 RESTORED FOR SALE | FerrariChat

Taken Off Market Ferrari 308GTB 1977 RESTORED FOR SALE

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by arcticlighting, Aug 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. arcticlighting

arcticlighting Karting

Oct 5, 2007
    Spokane, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian Chapman
    After 5 years of Restoration, 22641 is for sale. It wasn't my intent but I found a beautiful 488, and so something must go. I know this will make BigTex very sad.

Very rare 1977 Ferrari 308 GTB, bare metal restoration, with over 1500 hours of labor just to get the paint and body perfect. It was a straight car and I have all the pictures from when it was taken to the metal, with water sand strip so as not to damage any of the thin metal.

Then just lots of hand work, to get the car correct. Plus research for parts and gaskets etc. These parts are very hard to find. This is a 4 owner car now, have documents from the 2nd owner and Big Tex had her for about 11 years, before I purchased in 2015. I have a clean Washington Title in hand.

Was set for the NW Region Ferrari show in Portland this year, but was canceled of course. Feel like it could have won best in class and maybe more.

I have 2-3 ring binders of pictures and 1 of most of the receipts.

Was serviced at Ferrari Technology in Orange in June of 2019, complete service. I have all the documents for all these types of items as well. FChat won't let me Load more than 10 pictures.

Car is set for Bring a Trailer in 2 weeks, but wanted to offer it to someone off F Chat first. Will come with luggage set and all old parts if you want them. There are 30 hours just in the wheels, which were hand sanded and sprayed with single stage paint, and then found someone to paint the logos on the rim, they are not stickers, they also wear brand new tires, with the tire dimension posted over each FERRARI on the rims. A subtle but cool thing, for a car. Tires were installed in April, and came from Coker $2,000 for all 5.

Upgrades:
    Birdman fuse blocks
    Birdmane window regulators
    Retro-Air 134A AC system
    Upgraded radiator cooling fans

Other items:
    Rebuilt brake calipers
    New Rotors and pads
    New clutch complete with flywheel

Very Rare Color:
    Azzuro Metallica 106-A-32 with Sand interior blue carpets- Verified through a fellow Ferrari Member in Italy through the Ferrari historical system.

Miles are 35,8xx

Restored beyond any other out there. There was a blue one on Bring a Trailer that sold July 2019 for $90K but it had 55K miles and was resprayed in 1991, and it wasn't a stock car, had lots of different mods to not make it a show winner.

This car is a show winner, down to the wheels and tires. Over 30 hours of sanding and finish work just on the wheels, which are painted correct single stage, and have painted labels, not stickers. No detail was left out of this car, even the antenna works.

$129,995.00 OBO. I know this is more than most 308's but this is no regular 308, this is a correct 308 with everything done for the next owner. Was told by a SF Bay Area Ferrari Guru that the restoration was "fantastic".

Contact me for details, pictures, whatever you like. I'm on the West Coast.
    Brian Chapman
    509-370-3623
    [email protected]

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files:

Bigilo, audi_328, AtSomePoint and 3 others like this.
  2. Vipmn1

Vipmn1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2020
    Full Name:
    Hal Pattalino
    jjmalez and XLNLIFE like this.
  3. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Wow! Absolutely MINT and I hate hyperbole (usually)

I hope this sells to a good home and is enjoyed. Great job!

4. arcticlighting

arcticlighting Karting

Oct 5, 2007
    Spokane, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian Chapman
    Thank you, I hope it does go that high, my friend and I have put so many hours in this car. From where it started to now is an amazing transformation. So many stories, laughs and blood as well. From 3 windshields, to polishing aluminum and making a mess in my friends shop, to misplacing the drivers door handle (ended up hanging from a fan somehow) to the spider hatch when I cleaned the car and put in his shop, the warmth from the shop the spiders hatched and there were 1000's of baby spiders all over the car. Times with my son cleaning her again and again. It's a sad day for sure to see what we did, and now parting with her.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. XLNLIFE

XLNLIFE Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2005
    SOUTHERN CA
    Full Name:
    JEREMY :
    Holy Wow !!!! This ABSOLUTELY THE NICEST and well put together 308 I have ever seen. What an amazing restoration with such attention to detail, Luggage, Tool Kit, and absolutely perfect Paint and Interior. This fine example with definitely not last long at all. Cheers !!!

jjmalez likes this.
  6. wareaglescott

wareaglescott Rookie

Jul 19, 2020
    Auburn, AL
    Full Name:
    scott spencer
    Beautiful work. Well done. Wish I could buy it. Look forward to seeing it on BAT if it last that long!!

XLNLIFE likes this.
  7. arcticlighting

arcticlighting Karting

Oct 5, 2007
    Spokane, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian Chapman
    Withdrawn from market please.

8. arcticlighting

arcticlighting Karting

Oct 5, 2007
    Spokane, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian Chapman
    Withdrawn from market

9. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I'm not sad.......it is what it is.

We are really just care takers of the older cars, as they now have value to outlast us.....

It's actually fun to relive the memories of it's "Trip Down South", we met Buddy Guy at the Houston Polo Fields, went on to the 2004 Ferrari French Quarter Classic, and ran behind Ralph Lauren's 288GTO thru the French Quarter on the way to a Brunch, with Napolis.

I cannot speak to the past before that, or to the wide open future, but this car is a runner......you have done a good thing.

I am out to get the rear stagger slot cover for the muffler as my 22127 needs one too.
    Will advise here how it comes out and the cost.
    The ANSA cannot accept the OEM piece, it has to be custom due to the tip spacing (just ONE inch, wider!!!)

GLWS!!

10. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    If you will "Report" your very first post of this thread, a Moderator can edit the title status to reflect that.....