Ferrari 360 ABS ASR and speedo not working. | FerrariChat

Ferrari 360 ABS ASR and speedo not working.

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by ferdy, Oct 24, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferdy

ferdy Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Australia melbourne
    Full Name:
    Hiran fernando
    Hi guys,
    Just working on a problem I am facing, my Ferrari 360 has the ABS, ASR lights on and speedo not working. I have checked the signals coming from the wheel sensors with a multi meter and they all seem to be providing a signal when spun, I suspected the ABS ECU and took it out and sent it to the company in the US called MY airbags who apparently repair these units, came back as “serviced “but the same issues. I don’t have an SD2 scanner but when tried with a Foxwell OBD scanner that has ferrari 360 scanner when accessing the brake ECU it shows as unable to communicate.
    Any input from you guys will be appreciated, I am located in Melbourne.
    Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    You need to get this car into a shop who has the correct equipment. Pay the diagnostic fee and get a report. Please dont throw parts at it hopeing for the best. You have already wasted money on a hunch. Get it right the first time.

ferdy likes this.
  3. Motob

Motob Formula 3
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 11, 2003
    Frederick, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Brian Brown
    The airbags have nothing to do with your issue. The ABS/ASR ECU sends the speed signal to the instrument cluster, that is why the speedometer is inoperative.
    You need to talk to the ABS/ASR control unit and the instrument cluster with a Ferrari specific diagnostic computer in order to see what the inputs and outputs of each ECU are.

Brian Brown
    San Francisco Motorsports

tbakowsky and ferdy like this.
  4. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Did you just change wheel and tire size?

5. ferdy

ferdy Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Australia melbourne
    Full Name:
    Hiran fernando
    No, wheels are the same

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

6. AD170

AD170 Karting

Jul 18, 2014
    I'll throw my 2 cents in, one of the clues your receiving is the ABS module isn't talking when you plugged in the scan tool. When you connect your scan tool, it becomes part of the CAN Network the ABS module is on. The ABS module needs a power and ground to operate properly, think of it as the power cord. Also, you need to know if the CAN line is operating to/from the ABS module. As stated above, if you don't have the diagnostic equipment to determine those parameters, you need to find somebody who does. One thing you can do is check for pin fitment/quality at the connector and powers/grounds.

ferdy likes this.
  7. Reid

Reid Karting

May 18, 2018
    Vancouver Canada
    Full Name:
    Reid Fox
    you could buy an OBDII code reader and test the can bus you may get some codes. without codes you are wasting time

8. Rickyhull

Rickyhull Karting

Dec 28, 2022
    Hull England
    Full Name:
    Ricky woolston
    Was this ever solved?, I have the same issue