Ferrari 360 Alarm and Battery | FerrariChat

Ferrari 360 Alarm and Battery

Discussion in '360/430' started by Carnab, Feb 20, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Carnab

Carnab Rookie

Feb 14, 2010
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Carl
    Need a little help from the forum. I have a 2002 Ferrari 360 Spider that is running well. Recently I was leaving dinner and opened the door for my wife on the passenger side. Upon entering car on drivers side the car would not mobilize after pressing alarm on key fob. Battery on fob was fine. I got the triangle of death in the monitor plus every possible alarm and warning light scenario......after a series of efforts the car started after enabling and disabling kill switch. I was able to drive car home and park in garage.

Today I wanted to take car for a drive and same events happened. Display did has done a asr flash as well as a roof symbol flash....Got her started but not exactly a seamless effort....same drama. Had a good drive and clearly have a issue. Will attack in week or so when I return but would love some input....

Battery in car is 3 years old I would guess and it may be culprit.....Low voltage would cause some of this I would assume....Educated guess but....

So.....How do you talk to remote to behave.....Thanks all...

2. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    Little confused by your post, you're asking about the remote, but you think the problem is the battery?
    If you think it's the battery, check it out. Battery testers are so cheap, every car hobbyist should have one.

3. lauris

lauris Formula Junior

Jul 27, 2005
    Glasgow
    Full Name:
    Scott Laurie
    I would suggest replacing your key fob battery as a matter of course,
    Also have the car battery checked with a tester

Next culprit is the alarm module - lots of threads on that, option of new, or replacing the internal nicad battery, or just taking the blooming thing out and living without the alarm but the central locking still works.

alarm module has to be hacksawed to open to change (solder) the new battery in, new modules are about £300 in the uk and are a cheap bit of crap !

i would try a reset with battery kill switch also,

regards
    Scott.

4. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Get a new car battery and that should solve all your problems. Ferrari recommends changing fob batteries every 6 months, but annually is usually fine.

5. Drestless

Drestless Formula 3

Oct 1, 2014
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Jam
    Alarm...Roof symbol...ASR random indicators?

Sounds like you have gremlins. Replace your batter if it's 3 years old or more. I would start there.

6. Carnab

Carnab Rookie

Feb 14, 2010
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Carl
    Thanks All.....My guess from going around the room is preemptively change car battery. Remote battery is new and I keep a small screwdriver and a battery in tool kit. Nothing can ruin a day like that dying on you after a nice drive.

I am away in Boston enjoying a 65 degree February Day...No really. I will be back home next week and will test battery....I will probably just replace.

Thanks again....I will check back next week when I look at....Keep inputs coming.