Ferrari 360 brake caliper interchangeable? | FerrariChat

Ferrari 360 brake caliper interchangeable?

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by timwu12, Feb 6, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. timwu12

timwu12 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2014
    TX
    Can someone confirm for me if the brake calipers on a 360 are interchangeable from front to back?

For example, is the front left and rear right the same caliper? Is the front right and rear left the same caliper? Parts fiche shows different part numbers but they look the same.

Same piston diameter, mounting?

The reason I’m asking is because I was changing out my bleeders and one of them was cross threaded in and stripped by someone before me so I’m looking to replace the right rear with another caliper.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

2. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I think they are..but jump on the Eurospares web sight and have a look at the part numbers for the front and rear calipers. If they are the same number then you are good.

3. voicey

voicey Formula 3

Jul 29, 2009
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Aldous Voice
    No. The direction of rotation is different front-rear.

4. timwu12

timwu12 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2014
    TX
    thank you, Aldous!

5. omulec

omulec Rookie

Nov 26, 2008
    But isn't it right, that you can mount rear left to front right? This way you can keep the proper piston size where it should be.

6. voicey

voicey Formula 3

Jul 29, 2009
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Aldous Voice
    Not at all. The rear left caliper has the disc rotating down through the caliper - if it was mounted in the front right position then the disc would move upwards.

7. omulec

omulec Rookie

Nov 26, 2008
    True. My mistake in logic. When I was moving in my mind the the calliper I made my assumption wrong ;)

That if we move rear left to front left? ;)