Ferrari 360 f1 issue shifts when cold drops in neutral when hot then resumes shifting when cools dow | FerrariChat

Ferrari 360 f1 issue shifts when cold drops in neutral when hot then resumes shifting when cools dow

Discussion in '360/430' started by KeithNirro, Feb 13, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. KeithNirro

KeithNirro Rookie

Mar 29, 2018
    Full Name:
    Keith Nirro
    Ferrari f360 switching gears when cold, then throwing into N when warming up and resuming switching after cooling down)

I had air inside the EV lines and/or gear shift unit, which is on the side of your transmission. Transmission (Actuator)

I had to change my acumilater and flush the fluid out of f1 system because I used the wrong ATF in system.
    The air had to be bled manually from the individual EV lines (black tubes that connect the hydraulic pressure distribution manifold with the gear shift unit.
    I brought it to Ferrari and had the system bled using the D2S computer

I was told Manual bleeding requires removing the gear shifting unit from the transmission body, because those bleeding screws for individual EV lines are located on the inside of that unit strangely enough

So after Ferrari dealership fixed my issue it cost me3k

Has anyone else had this issue with shifting the f1when car warms up?

2. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    This area is for F1 racing. Doubtful many will see this here.

I am pretty knowledgeable on the F1 but I have no idea what your symptoms are from what is written above.

In answer to one of your queries to bleed the system requires removing the belly pan, the rear bumper and the actuator. About 3 hours or so all up if indeed that is all they did.. If your dealer charges $1000 per hour that is about right.

3. KeithNirro

KeithNirro Rookie

Mar 29, 2018
    Full Name:
    Keith Nirro
    Ok I'm in the wrong area I'm trying to find my way around this forum I appreciate your input my friend.

4. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    Just curious.. you say you used wrong fluid .. what did you use that was wrong ?

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

5. KeithNirro

KeithNirro Rookie

Mar 29, 2018
    Full Name:
    Keith Nirro
    A mechanic put some power steering fluid & ATF in my f1 system that he bought it from Oreillys auto parts store brand. After about 20mins driving the fluid turned into a sud like substance.(ex) Shakeup a bottle of cranberry juice all the suds go to top, it was so cheap the fluid would broke down, and that would cause air to enter my F1 system. When the fluid cooled down it turn dark deep burgundy (normal looking) and car shifted fine.

6. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    Thanks for the insight

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

KeithNirro likes this.
  7. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

i used to put brake fluid into my f1 hydraulics...... it shifts perfectly until pump burnt.

8. KeithNirro

KeithNirro Rookie

Mar 29, 2018
    Full Name:
    Keith Nirro
    That's funny I believe brake fluid breaks down to easy so I don't think it can last.

9. KeithNirro

KeithNirro Rookie

Mar 29, 2018
    Full Name:
    Keith Nirro
    You are welcome.

10. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

it lasted about 50 miles.