Ferrari 360 F1 won't shift out of neutral, please help | FerrariChat

Ferrari 360 F1 won't shift out of neutral, please help

Discussion in '360/430' started by viperguy, Jun 16, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. viperguy

viperguy Rookie

Feb 4, 2004
    Hello, I have a 2001 Ferrari 360 F1 with a CS TCU.

The problem I am having is the car is stuck in neutral and will not shift to any gears including reverse, Engine running or not ( Ignition on, engine off)

With my Launch scan tool i can command the gears to change and it will shift into whatever gear for a brief sec. then immediately back to neutral. I have the actuator off the transmission and I can watch it function.

I verified with the scan tool that the brake pedal switch is working, when I shift with paddles up or down or reverse the scan tool shows those commands are being sent to tcu.

When I shift with the paddles, I can hear a slight humming with each pull of the paddle lever, but no shifting of the actuator.

It sounds like the TCU is getting the commands but it doesn't like something and will not engage the actuator from the paddles, but only with the scan tool commands.

Anyone know what the TCU looks for before shifting the actuator (ignition on engine off) other than engine lid closed, door closed, brake light switch functions proper??

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I can make a video of it if that helps.

2. angelis

angelis F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 18, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Sy
    Had a similar issue last year. Gearbox stuck in neutral.

Turned out to be a blown fuse.

3. viperguy

viperguy Rookie

Feb 4, 2004
    Thank you, I'll re check all fuses.