Ferrari 360 IMMO OFF finally a reality! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ferrari 360 IMMO OFF finally a reality!

Discussion in '360/430' started by 360trev, Jul 3, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. hessank

hessank Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2005
    Canada, Florida
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Great work Trev.
    I'm subscribed and 'in' as soon as this is available.

The Force is Strong with you brother.

360trev likes this.
  2. Silentnoiz

Silentnoiz Karting

Nov 18, 2017
    Nashville
    Full Name:
    Silent Noiz
    If this is done to a car, is it possible to reverse it to bring it back to stock? And if so, is that an easy or difficult task?

Sent from my Pixel XL using FerrariChat.com mobile app

360trev likes this.
  3. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Absolutely yes, fully reversable at any time. Infact you can put your original immobilizers safely into storage along with your fobs and then when the time to sell comes you can always refit them and reflash the original units back to bone standard.

At the end of the day think of the 'flash storage' thats integrated into the Engine computers a bit like a PC's primary storage drive. Whatever software is on there it will run. The Bosch units only have 512kbytes (1/2 of 1 megabyte!!!) which wouldn't even fit a typical word document which goes to show how efficient software used to be!!

4. 02360spider

02360spider Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Dartmouth
    Full Name:
    Richard oliveira
    Can I order a immobilizer unit and send it to you and you can do what you need to it and send it back? Let's do this lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

360trev likes this.
  5. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    *You dont need the immobilizer units in the car after this change, they are just dead weight ;) You only need a pair of Ignition ecu's.
    *although you may wish to keep the 'Vehicle Immobilizer' unit in the car so you retain central locking functions.

The process is I need physical access to the LEFT and RIGHT bank ignition computers from behind the drip trays in the engine bay.

I then take a backup of your current software and email it to you. This is done since there are many tens of variants of the firmware for specific applications so this guarentee's it will work on your car since its your software thats been 'fixed'. It will also mean whatever was in the firmware including remaps for improved performance by Mase (or any other tuner) as an example won't be lost.

I verify the dump was successful by validating the checksums and then after this I then run a tool I've written which isolates the immobilizer code and defeats it in your specific firmware file. I then recalculate the checksums with another tool I wrote specifically for the job and then finally I reflash it back to both the left and right banks. Both left and right banks run identical software on the 360. I've even written the tool which can revert the patch and restore the original operation of the factory immobilizer so even if you lost your backup firmware (which I can send you via email) just having access to either a working left or right bank ecu again I can either clone it onto another one or back it up again.

Hope that makes sense.. I've done this process MANY times now and since I've made a harness using an original factory connector I cannot really mess it up or damage the pins. I simply place the harness on the ecu and reflash it.

Hope this makes sense.

becir1, tifosi101, one4torque and 2 others like this.
  6. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    I would buy an immobilo free 360. Great job trev!! I wish someone would could do this with the 5.2 motronic in the 550.

360trev likes this.
  7. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    I've just yesterday been given a 550 dump. Wonder if it's similar? Do you have your firmware image ?

8. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    I have the car and glad to be your ginnea pig and pay for your expenses.

Sadly, I read your posts about checksums and firmware and have no idea what you are talking about.

hessank and 360trev like this.
  9. RossoC360

RossoC360 Formula Junior
    Owner

Jun 20, 2008
    Buffalo NY
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Great work, great write-up, Thanks!

360trev likes this.
  10. deportm

deportm Karting

Jul 17, 2017
    El Paso, TX
    Full Name:
    Anthony Figueroa
    I am definitely interested, awaiting further details and instructions....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

360trev likes this.
  11. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    As soon as you figure out FBB's 550, then we need you to look at the 355. :)

12. SoIllFerrari

SoIllFerrari Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2005
    IL
    Full Name:
    CD
    Following this space

13. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Wow! Trev.... I thought I was a rarity with my immo issue. Apparently, those things are junk! We know what happens to them in the desert heat!

When you showed up to help with my car, is something I'll never forget. Aside from really figuring out this mystery, it was great bonding with a new friend. I just wish we lived closer. But I'm afraid that if we did, we would never work.... and just 'play cars'! :)

Here's a shot of the offending board and relays. I hate this thing!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Using Dino's picture I've highlighted the Starter Relay that's being controlled by this board. Its primary purpose is to listen for the key fob messages (see small long chip on bottom right) and then send a message to actuate the locks to the microcontroller, see bottom left.

Starter Cut
    These (in red) are pins 12 and 13. They get shorted together to allow you to crank the engine when the fob disengages the alarm. Without these pins being shorted the key won't do anything. Hence if you remove the unit completely and use my immo reflashed Ignition computers you just need to join these two pins together at the connector and then the immobilizer boxes can be completely removed from the vehicle (assuming you can live with using key in lock to unlock/lock). Or simply leave this unit attached but do a manual join of pin 12 and 13 together. Then you can still use the keyfobs you have but they have no purpose other than to lock and unlock doors (no immobilizer purpose). It just becomes a 'flakey' door lock/unlock module. :)

I will later use these pins to provide an drop in replacement keyless entry module with all kinds of goodies such as mobile app controls, information informs when the door is opened or closed, etc.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

becir1, RANDY6005 and Dave rocks like this.
  15. sanfran

sanfran Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 10, 2004
    LA
    Full Name:
    Oliver
    I'll be your beta tester if you still need any. Can send you my ECUs asap.

one4torque likes this.
  16. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    BRAVO! thank you!

360trev likes this.
  17. CrazyMD

CrazyMD Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2012
    Southern California
    This is amazing work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

360trev likes this.
  18. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    I'm doing Dino's first and since I already have a copy of his firmware dump I don't need him to send me his ECUs at all.

I'm going to flash a spare pair I had lying around from my spare engine which once flashed with his software patched will work right out of the box on his car.

The great thing about full immobilizer off in software is that there is no pairing - any 360 ecus work after being reflashed.

The most important thing is having the software for you car dumped so that I can apply the patch directly to your firmware variant. Since there are so many different versions. You need the one that came with your car as it matches all of the sensors, emissions kit, etc. That it came from factory with.

So if you guys who can dump their SW upload your version onto say Google drive and share a link I'll get to you first. For this I need to know ;

1. Target Market (eg USA, EU, etc.)
    2. Model Year
    3. Coupe or Spider
    4. H-gate or Paddleshift
    5. Model, e.g. Modena, Modena Challenge (race car), Challenge Stradale
    6. Is it factory firmware or modified. If modified ideally also send me original dump (pre tuned) just in case some funky patches have been done.

Just send me a pm..

19. GCalo

GCalo F1 Veteran

Sep 15, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Greg Calo
    And info how to dump the software?

20. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Already published it years ago on here, do a search. I will look it up if you have trouble and post link.

21. GCalo

GCalo F1 Veteran

Sep 15, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Greg Calo
    Did not know that was the case but will search for it

Thanks for the note

22. sanfran

sanfran Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 10, 2004
    LA
    Full Name:
    Oliver
  23. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    I knew Trev was amazing, but I was wrong...he is incredibly amazing.

Good stuff Trev, well done.

one4torque likes this.
  24. GCalo

GCalo F1 Veteran

Sep 15, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Greg Calo
    Thank you SanFran. Most appreciated.

I had also found a related link on FL site

Very grateful for your post

Thinking of a connector from AMP to mate the ECU plug and fabricating a cable to ease the download

If I do not do I will get with you.

Again thank you

360trev likes this.
  25. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    I need this bad !... last time out had to how car home . Testing it at home sometimes it disarms but usually not . Don't trust driving it .

360trev likes this.