Ferrari 360 Phone Mount solution? 2018/2019 options. | FerrariChat

Ferrari 360 Phone Mount solution? 2018/2019 options.

Discussion in '360/430' started by Tarek307, Nov 6, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Long Beach, CA & Alexandria,Egypt.
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    #1 Tarek307, Nov 6, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
    So today was my first day with my new Modena, grabbed my phone mount from the 911 and realized the vents on the modena will not hold one of those vent mounts. I was thinking of ordering a Slot Mount but then realize those only work if you have a CD player as they fit in there.

Then there is a stick on dash mount, but will that damage the leather or paint on radio hvac surround?

I've seen people in older threads using the ones that come up from the floor bolted to the seat but those look hideous, so no to those- I know you can use one that you stick to wind shield but again those don't look very good..

Has anyone came up with a clever solution for this? My car is a 6speed manual so not much room as some F1 guys have behind the shifter.

If you've figured something sleek out please post a pic and where you got it.

2. tomconte

tomconte Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 15, 2010
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Conte
  3. shifter

shifter Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2004
    Danville, Ca
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Had same conundrum. My solution, Apple Watch and keep phone in pocket or glove box. Calls, streaming music, and maps work great.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

4. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I'm still FAIRLY new to my 360. And I don't use the radio. Imagine my surprise when I went to take a look at the CD slot only to find a tape deck!!! Still looking for a phone mount solution that I'm happy with.

Kevin

5. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Long Beach, CA & Alexandria,Egypt.
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah

thats the one that comes up and looks lik eyou have a lamp next to you lol, would never use this one. need something sleek

I'm 360 Canuck likes this.
  6. sierra055

sierra055 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 25, 2016
    Melbourne, AU
    Full Name:
    Marshall
  7. derekmines

derekmines Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2013
    Melksham, UK
    Full Name:
    Derek
    I think I posted this before but this:

https://tinyurl.com/y7oetenc

Although being designed for a F430 works just fine in the 360, I then bought the relevent Brodit active kit for my phone and Bob's your Uncle.

8. killer58

killer58 Formula 3

Jun 30, 2010
    CA & DC
  9. The Nutsack

The Nutsack Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2014
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I tried a few products and they all sucked, so I created my own solution, which is awesome.

I bought a cheap second case for my phone, mounted a strip of velcro on one side of the case and the other on the top of my steering wheel column behind the VIN plate so that the phone leans away from me against the tach and the velcro keeps it firmly in place during spirited driving. So I have my own little screen right there in the instrument cluster. Usually keep it on waze, or whatever.

I can't see the tach needle below 4k, but it doesn't really matter down there anyway. I also block that little digital screen in the bottom of the tach, but again no big deal. I guarantee you will love it if you try it. Once I figured this out, I immediately regretted buying the clarion radio/nav system, which looks terrible and functions poorly too...although it's nice to be able to stream music from my device to the speakers, which is why I keep it installed.

10. shifter

shifter Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2004
    Danville, Ca
    Full Name:
    Joe