Ferrari 360 Swiss Army Knife by 360trev! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ferrari 360 Swiss Army Knife by 360trev!

Discussion in '360/430' started by 360trev, Sep 6, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. timwu12

timwu12 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2014
    TX
    Thank you for clarifying that, Trev. My tune was done by Steve Mason (Mase Engineering) but I'd be curious to see if the CS maps and his maps are any different. Would your tool be able to read the existing maps and be able to go back and forth between them for comparison?

2. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Yes, it will be dumping the throttle and fueling maps shortly and you'll be able to compare them and graft them into your own firmware very shortly. I will also add the ability to convert your F1 software to 6spd and vice versa just incase you want to do a conversion. Then you don't need to replace/buy new ecu's. They just get 'converted'.

nchhotu and recoil like this.
  3. sierra055

sierra055 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 25, 2016
    Melbourne, AU
    Full Name:
    Marshall
    Hey Trev, awesome, that's now reading the valve data from the special CS map you gave me
    As you said, the first screenshot I did was from my original dump before we reflashed and was from the OEM ECU that came with the CS exhaust kit. Cool to compare that against the standard and challenge maps

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Also interesting to see the different maps between versions as well and how even just the number of maps differs.

This is awesome Trev, thanks again mate i'm having a ball with it already!

4. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Fantastic work, Trev. Well done.

360trev likes this.
  5. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    I'll do a version for F430/Scuderia/16M owners next...

_TS, evilruss and mwstewart like this.
  6. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    I've just been working on a big update, soon you'll be able to save/swap/dump Ferrari specific Throttle Pedal KFPED tables too. I'll try to do updates reguarly to bring in support for all the most commonly tuned/important tables and data first.

You can now use the table to swap the MLHFM table for your Modena Air Flow meters in the firmware I gave you to ensure once reflashed you get a perfectly smooth idle... Try it!

7. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Getting further with KFPED table.. This maps throttle torque requests (% of) at given rpm's...
    X-Axis is % PED (yet to be shown)
    Y-Axis is given rpm points (yet to be shown)

Coming soon.. Preview shot...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. evilruss

evilruss Karting

Jan 27, 2015
    Rockford
    If you need a test mule 430 when you get to the F430 version I have a spare set of ecu's on the bench and more than eager to start playing around with them!

Sent from my SM-G930V using FerrariChat.com mobile app

9. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Will do, for now concentrating on full map features for 360 version

DonJuan348 and evilruss like this.
  10. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Big update just checked in.. It can now automatically identify over 50 different maps in the rom's. Yet to be documented (!) but also added a couple more documented maps for Throttle Pedal torque requests and lots of new features...

Fuel maps next... :)

rob73, sierra055 and Mimmo Blue like this.
  11. hessank

hessank Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2005
    Canada, Florida
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Subscribed and thanks for the update Trev.

I read with interest on your journey to remove the Immobilizer with its interfering ways. Since then you have gone on to a full mod of the ECU.
    So with that said I was wondering if there are others ONLY wanting the Immobilizer mod. This way you could release like a Phase 1 (Immob only), Phase 2 (Immob & Oxygen Sensors mod to suit headers & test pipes install) etc.

I have no other ECU changes I need with my car. It runs great but like most people the Immob is annoying.

Keep up the great work.

12. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Hi Fred,

The immo stuff is still undergoing extensive testing. I am certain however that its reliable since I've now been testing it on my own personal car now for quite some time. We also did a 360 Challenge race car too and that works without immo boxes attached now without issues at all and finally we are just in the process of doing a US spec 360 Challenge Stradale too. It won't be long now, its a parallel activity.

The reason why I've gone so deep into all of this is because I literally had to reverse engineer the software which handles the Immobilizer functions to understand precisely how it operated and how to bypass it (completely). Also since the immobilizer code is in a different place in the flash code for every single model year and every single car seems to be running a slightly different variant of it, it would have meant literally having to have to repeat the work of finding and patching out the offending code in literally tens of different rom's. Instead I worked out a 'general purpose way' of automating the finding of the said digital 'needle' back to the 'haystack' which is going to be incorporated into the main software which I've already released as seen in this thread. I'm using the exact same approach to find the fueling maps as I am to finding immobilizer code.

In terms of other reasons why I want this there are plenty above and beyond the obvious. For instance I am close to being able to demonstrate realtime (as your driving) telemetry out of the ecu which is brilliant for track days and ticks another box I had which was to syncronise (professional quality) track telemetry and 4K video cameras so I can see track action and all of th data such as wheel sensor speeds, rpm, precise gps location, g-forces, throttle position, etc. etc.

Then I also plan to allow you to be able to plug in a Bluetooth or Wifi OBD dongle to be able run an app on your phone to track journeys (along with all that good telemetry) and upload to services like google cloud (if you have an active data sim in your device), linking back to this you'll be able to reset trouble codes and even better get accurate detailed information about the exact fault along with any better fault finding (based on the stored telemetry data) and its even possible to show you the part numbers required to fix it. Since I'm going digital replacement dash for my own car out of a tablet it will also form integral part of the full digital dash replacement project I have underway but I'm getting ahead of myself ;)

Minze and hessank like this.
  13. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    As promised. This was done originally by eric355 on this very forum... Pictures explain everything you need to know. If you have any questions, post away!

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

imahorse, hessank and CarbonDan like this.
  14. CarbonDan

CarbonDan Karting

Aug 19, 2017
    PNW
    Thanks for tracking that down!
    That looks great and simple enough - but if I were to put the car in race mode, put the suspension in soft mode, my ASR would still be decreased/deactivated to the extent that race mode deactivates it.
    Is there a way to do essentially the same thing but with the ASR button?

Or maybe we should look at it from another angle - the whole goal of all this would be to get race mode level of transmission performance while keeping everything else in street mode.
    Would it be possible to tell the ECU(s) to go into transmissions race mode while keeping everything else standard?
    I have no idea how the ECU handles things when you press the race button, but if we could essentially intercept that signal which normally says: stiffen suspension, deactivate ASR, open valves earlier, quicken transmission - and instead tell it to just say: if race mode is on, then only quicken transmission.
    Or add a toggle button as shown but just to quicken the transmission.

That alone is so valuable in terms of decreasing wear on the clutch and significantly improving the driving experience with autoblip downshifts and faster shift times.

Thanks again. This project is going to be a big deal for these cars.

15. mike01606

mike01606 Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2012
    Cheshire UK
    Full Name:
    Mike M
    Brilliant Trev and thanks for sharing it...... I haven’t a scooby doo when it comes to software programming and you lost me at the first hex bit but I’m going to educate myself and have a play.....

Did you manage to source an equivalent ECU or is that option dead now?

M

16. recoil

recoil Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2007
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Just wanted to say, "Wow!"

17. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    The aim isn't to require you to be a developer to use this, it's going to be an end user tool. Once I do a user interface all will be clear...

You will just choose options from a menu in most cases... And I will enable people to swap CS maps in their Modena, even with stock air flow meters. This will be the equivalent of using a CS TCU but for the engine...

Plus loads of other features...

18. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Oh I forgot to mention, it appears that Ferrari ECUs are different in some way to other ME7.3H4 variants. I'm guessing it's the factory burned SW called IROM which is only 32kbytes in length. The assumption being the core flashable software uses the that special code which is ever so slightly different. If it's true then I should be able to find all references to the different code and redirect them to spare space in flash. A lot of work and something I will get to investigate at some point....

19. eric355

eric355 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2005
    Toulouse (France)
    Full Name:
    Eric DECOUX
    Amazing work Trev.
    Thanks for sharing.

360trev likes this.
  20. hessank

hessank Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2005
    Canada, Florida
    Full Name:
    Fred

mike01606 said:
    Brilliant Trev and thanks for sharing it...... I haven’t a scooby doo when it comes to software programming and you lost me at the first hex bit but I’m going to educate myself and have a play.....

+1
    I'm not an electron moron, just not comfortable with ECUs and programming.
    So yes, please make a Dummy Version.
    Feel free to use my name in parenthesis to emphasize 'Dummy' if you need to.

360trev likes this.
  21. nchhotu

nchhotu Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2007
    Roseville, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Nick
    Really great work Trev! I have the CS AFM and CS ECU mapping. I changed out my TB to the larger 430. I feel there is more power hiding.

360trev likes this.
  22. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Just added firmware identification support so you can now see quite a bit of extra information such as part number, etc.

23. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    For example, from a US spec Ferrari 360 with F1 shift and optional sports exhaust...

-[ Basic Firmware information ]-----------------------------------------------------------------

>>> Scanning for ROM String Table Byte Sequence #1 [info]

found needle at offset=0x2e672
    found table at offset=0x19bf0.

Idx=1 { 206425.000 } 0x101af : VMECUHN [Vehicle Manufacturer ECU Hardware Number]

Idx=2 { 0261204841 } 0x10199 : SSECUHN [Bosch Hardware Number]
    Idx=4 { 0000000000 } 0x101a4 : SSECUSN [Bosch Serial Number]
    Idx=6 { F131 USA O c.e. } 0x10185 : EROTAN [Model Description]

Idx=8 { R.BOSCH001 } 0x19be4 : TESTID
    Idx=10 { 069117/17b51af1 } 0x10175 : DIF
    Idx=11 { 0691175H } 0x1016c : BRIF

>>> Scanning for information #1 [info]

found needle at offset=0x27838.
    EPK: @ 0x10029 { /1/ME7.3/69/117/F131_US//17b51af1/091203/ }

Vs the 360 6-Speed manual with optional sports exhaust...

-[ Basic Firmware information ]-----------------------------------------------------------------

>>> Scanning for ROM String Table Byte Sequence #1 [info]

found needle at offset=0x2e672
    found table at offset=0x19bf0.

Idx=1 { 206424.000 } 0x101af : VMECUHN [Vehicle Manufacturer ECU Hardware Number]

Idx=2 { 0261204841 } 0x10199 : SSECUHN [Bosch Hardware Number]
    Idx=4 { 0000000000 } 0x101a4 : SSECUSN [Bosch Serial Number]
    Idx=6 { F131 USA O c.m. } 0x10185 : EROTAN [Model Description]

Idx=8 { R.BOSCH001 } 0x19be4 : TESTID
    Idx=10 { 069117/17b51am1 } 0x10175 : DIF

Idx=11 { 0691175H } 0x1016c : BRIF

>>> Scanning for information #1 [info]

found needle at offset=0x27838.
    EPK: @ 0x10029 { /1/ME7.3/69/117/F131_US//17b51am1/091203/ }

You can clearly see the different part number 206425 vs 206424 and c.m is for manual whereas c.e. is for F1...

Having this information will be useful as we build up a library of different dumps.

If you dump your image please send me a pm.

24. sierra055

sierra055 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 25, 2016
    Melbourne, AU
    Full Name:
    Marshall
    Trev, I assume you still have my original dump?

25. sierra055

sierra055 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 25, 2016
    Melbourne, AU
    Full Name:
    Marshall
    nevermind, if that's not my original incorrect one above, mine is the same - 206424