Ferrari 360 Swiss Army Knife by 360trev! | Page 7 | FerrariChat

Ferrari 360 Swiss Army Knife by 360trev!

Discussion in '360/430' started by 360trev, Sep 6, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Huge update coming shortly, added ability to do calibrations automatically with no manual hex editing. Nearly ready for general use.

Coming soon ability to do 'free' swap to Challenge Stradale firmware for any model year and without having to pay a tuner a dime and coming soon ability to realtime tune. Even works on a totally stock Modena with stock airflow meters...

2. Bwtyler85

Bwtyler85 Karting

Oct 25, 2015
    Perth, Australia
    Full Name:
    Ben Tyler
    Your going to do alot of tuners out of business. Haha

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

3. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    I'd really like to do more on F355.. just never had a ROM dump yet to investigate... Id also like to look into a retrofit faster CS TCU and hardware conversion to make F1 shift cars a whole lot better...

SS288GTO likes this.
  4. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Not really the intention, I would like to see some of them up their game though and offer better tailored services. If they do real Dyno tuning on your actual engine for example you will always be able to pickup a few more ponies over base factory CS maps.

I'm already waaay past what 99% of tuners can do since I can now even add new features directly into the firmware. I can send and receive CAN bus messages directly from the firmware and to do all kinds of cool stuff. I'm not just altering calibrations now, I'm actively developing new stuff...!

5. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    would it be possible in the future to make a 355 F1 shift like a CS ?

6. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Would need to look at how much effort it would be to upgrade various parts or have them remanufactured but yes, possible pending detailed investigation. I'm sure it would be seen as absolute wonderful by some whereas others would like to spit roast me for even suggesting that I do it...

one4torque likes this.
  7. curtisc63

curtisc63 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 13, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Curtis Campbell
    360Trev got my vote for FChat Ambassador of the Year!

tonyc, one4torque, recoil and 2 others like this.
  8. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    It would be epic

9. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Just added Launch Control to the 360 today... !!!

This isn't done by the F1 TCU like on the CS but in the Ignition ECU's themselves...

Will be trying this out experimenting with the best combinations of RPM, etc. for best 0-60 times vs clutch live as soon as the weather gets better. Interesting huh! And yes ofcourse it works on H-gate car ;)

tonyc, one4torque, Ralph P and 7 others like this.
  10. SS288GTO

SS288GTO Rookie

Jun 13, 2010
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Snorre Stølen
    Hi Trev,
    I’m really looking forward to this upgrade
    Had a strugle with the Imobilizer today again

Do you think you will have the 360 Swiss Army knife ready in time for spring?

And how will the installing be done?

I live in Norway, so it would take some time to drive to where you are

This is pictures from today... not going anywhere soon

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Best regards
    Snorre
    Norway

11. _TS

_TS Rookie

Jan 20, 2019
    Germany
    May I just add once more that this is great work. Would you be aware of similar evolutionary changes made to the F430 over the years? I own one of the very early H-gate Euro-spec Spiders from 2005 (that does not even have the battery tender socket installed). Obviously I would be interested in a firmware upgrade to some of the features later introduced - if useful.

Also, I was wondering if the roof operation is also managed via this code? It would be cool to do a software-only modification to get one-touch button convertible roof operation. Also a good selling point for a commercial version of the final app, I believe.

If contributing a ROM-dump of this rather rare spec would be helpful for you, please contact me.

Cheers,
    TS

12. FlyingHaggisRacing

FlyingHaggisRacing Formula 3

Jul 2, 2013
    'One cable to rule them all', well perhaps just 360s will do for now.

Attached Files:

13. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

where did you get this? I want one

14. FlyingHaggisRacing

FlyingHaggisRacing Formula 3

Jul 2, 2013
    the mess on the desk would have given the clue.
    Made it.

Now need a guinea pig ecu to test it on.

360trev likes this.
  15. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Trev
    Interesting article in the "Forza" magazine that arrived today talking about immobilizers and the options available. I had to snicker knowing that another option to a malfunctioning immobilizer is in the offing...

SS288GTO likes this.
  16. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    What was their conclusion ? Replace all the immobilizers, ignition ecu's and fobs, etc. at great cost? Or go to Ferrarichat ?

Seriously I am a little nervous about what I've developed since the heuristic search algorithm is very powerful and flexible. I believe it may actually work on *every* Bosch ecu of that vintage, i.e. all ME7.x series (Siemens C16x) so I think I may need to think about implications, I don't want to help anyone but genuine owners.

.. For instance I tried it on a Ferrari 612 rom dump I got sent and it works 100% on that car because the 612 uses basically the exact same immobilizer technology as the F430. And the F430 work also did the 430 Scuderia without change, the same as many other car marques like Maserati, VAG group and so forth.

All this on the back of majority of Keyless entry implementations being found to be useless against relay attacks (terrible really as they only needed to measure accurately timing to defeat those attacks).

17. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    If you can tell me your part number printed on the label I can tell you if I have it backed up yet or not.

I am starting to build a catalogue of different roms for F430 now too. Its amazing that the manufacturers launch a car with 'beta' code and fix all the bugs during the model cycle, yet never go back and retrospectively upgrade customers cars already sold. They only fix the bugs in new models. Well this approach can definitely help in that regard. I'm certain later roms for the F430 will be an improvement. We just need to do the work to determine exactly what they changed and verify compatiblity.

18. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    If you can tell me your part number printed on the label I can tell you if I have it backed up yet or not.

I am starting to build a catalogue of different roms for F430 now too. Its amazing that the manufacturers launch a car with 'beta' code and fix all the bugs during the model cycle, yet never go back and retrospectively upgrade customers cars already sold. They only fix the bugs in new models. Well this approach can definitely help in that regard. I'm certain later roms for the F430 will be an improvement. We just need to do the work to determine exactly what they changed and verify compatibility.

19. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    It's a full page article that attempted to answer a question about the owners 1 and only key fob that stopped working and he didn't have the secret code for starting the car. He mentioned aftermarket companies that retrieve the coding and program fobs and if all else fails, obtaining a whole new system from Ferrari.

I see your ethical dilemma about inadvertently providing your device to a bunch of thieves...

360trev likes this.
  20. _TS

_TS Rookie

Jan 20, 2019
    Germany
    That's what I suspected.

Are the F430's ECUs in the same location behind the engine side panels like shown here for the 360:
    https://aldousvoice.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/ecu_location.jpg

A photo of one of the sides is sufficient? Then I only have to take one panel off.

Thanks,
    TS

21. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    No, they are behind the seats inside the passenger cabin. The engine bay is a stupid place to put them with all that heat and vibration! They learnt from the silly mistakes of the 360 and put them inside a better controlled environment, the passenger cabin!

tifosi101 and _TS like this.
  22. fullspeed

fullspeed Rookie

Dec 17, 2015
    When do you think this is going to be ready? I want it so bad!

becir1, 360trev and recoil like this.
  23. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    agreed with "FULLSPEED"!!

plan to install CS exhaust on 360.... and will want cs ex valve calibrations.......... oh Trev..... please don't keep us waiting kind sir.!

becir1, 360trev and recoil like this.
  24. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Working on it ... More announcements soon!

Mimmo Blue, Ghostdiver and tifosi101 like this.
  25. steve ames

steve ames Rookie

Mar 1, 2019
    Norwich
    Full Name:
    Stephen
    360trev I have just joined & can't see how I send you a message. I would like to ask you about the 360 clicking throttle body, ECU problem. Can you please message me? Thank you.

360trev likes this.