Ferrari 360 vs. Ford GT | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Ferrari 360 vs. Ford GT

Discussion in '360/430' started by Cyclenirvana, Feb 4, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Saleen

Saleen Karting

May 30, 2005
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    C
    Hey knumbskull. If you understand how parasitic loss works on a transmission, and the fact that the Ford GT doesn't have a seperate rearend like a Mustang, then you'd understand there is a significantly less amount of drivetrain loss in a Ford GT. I myself have seen 3 Ford GT's on a dyno, all dynoed from 525-540 RWHP, drivetrain loss on those cars is around 8% making them at a rough figure of 550hp.

Also, the Ford GT's engine design is a DRY SUMP OILING BLOCK, the Lightning and Cobra blocks have no relation except general layout. Lightning being SOHC isn't even part of the equation, the Cobra being a 4.6L WET SUMP isn't part of the equation. The only related car would be the 2000 Cobra R with a NAVIGATOR block and thats WET SUMP also. The Ford GT's block is cast with a set of gigantic oil return jackets and passages and reinforcements within the block itself unique from any other Ford vehicle. The new GT500 Shelby shares a variation of that block, but uses a wet sump oiling system.

If you think I know nothing about Ford GT's, tell that to the 2 stock Eaton superchargers and intakes on my shop shelf from GT's that I have installed the new 2.6 Kenne Bell BlowZilla's on. Also, being I have the name "Saleen" as my SN on here, did you know that SALEEN builds the Ford GT for Ford at Saleen's new Wixom, MI plant along side the S7TT and the S281E.

If you are that into your Ford GT, what do the alignment shims look like for your car? Lets see if you really know all.

2. 575Mike

575Mike Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Michael
    #52 575Mike, Apr 23, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    It is obvious you have the IQ of approximately room temperature.

Hey junior, I have the actual article in front of me. You "no", the actual print copy. The sites you offer have nothing to do with the Road and Track article. Admit it, you didn't read the article (do you even "no" how to read?).

Junior, I don't care about what my cars do at track events. I have a CL55 extremely tricked out that can hold its own with just about any car in a quarter mile. It's faster than any of my F cars (and I would LOVE to take a crack at your GT with it) but that won't stop me from buying an F430! You just don't get it and you never will, who ever you are (fill out your profile genius or ask your mommy to help you).

Answer this question junior. Should I sell my vintage Mustang because it can't compete at the track with my supercharged tricked out CL55 or your GT (if you really own one)? See genius, I own cars because I like them, not to impress people at a track. By the way, this Mustang is appreciating in value while your GT (if you really own one) is depreciating in value.

FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE. If you don't "no" how, ask your mommy to do it for you.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. fordgt2006

fordgt2006 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Maybe you did make it past first grade after all, I was beginning to wonder. You said it yourself "General Layout" close enough for me. I did know they were partly built at Saleen and 2 other plants if I'm correct. As far as the Shims I don't care not relevant to me as I pay some one else to know that. All I know is that if you show at Quarter Mile track anywhere in America with a F430 and you run against the GT, Who do you think is going to win? Don't Strain to hard this is a easy one . I Probably should be nicer to you since your the only other person on this Forum who knows anything about GT's and what there capable of.

4. fordgt2006

fordgt2006 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Please don't get into what Vintage cars you own with me I have a Real 67 Shelby GT500 parked next to my GT, maybe you should price one of these GT500's, and this is only the beginning of my collection. If anybody is the Junior its you. You have no Idea who I am.

5. fordgt2006

fordgt2006 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    I should apologize to "CycleNirvana" who started this thread as it got Hijacked partly because of me and my Defense of the Almighty GT. I'm through with this Thread.

6. 575Mike

575Mike Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Michael
    LMAO! You are one simple son of a b$tch, and you are fraught with delusion to boot!

I "no" enough of about who you are: You don't "no" how to read, you don't "no" the difference between "no" and "know", you don't "no" basic rules of grammar and punctuation, and you don't "no" how to respond when cornered with basic questions.

In short, you don't "no" your a$$ hole from a hole in the wall. These things I know.

Come on, have mommy fill out your profile junior.

7. Saleen

Saleen Karting

May 30, 2005
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    C
    Notice how he beats around the bush? Just a simple dreamer, now claiming to have a Shelby GT500 and bragging about what its worth. If he actually had a Ford GT, there wouldn't be so many holes in his claims and definatly wouldn't be so much bias to his claims.

Wrong, the Ford GT is made under 1 building in Wixom, Michigan. And the fact that you are comparing 2 vehicles that have really no business being on a drag strip, proves to me that you are very uneducated on the subject of exotics/supercars/nostalgic cars. I have seen Ford GT's run at the strip very well, and very poorly, its a driver's car, same goes for the Ferrari F430, both are highway cars.

Oh, and as for your alignment shims... Whenever you take a Ford GT to the dealer, they are required to do a preventative maintanance alignment check/adjustment which is part of the service plan. After that service has been performed, you the "so called owner" receives any shims removed or used in the process as proof that an adjustment has been made on your vehicle. So if you have a Ford GT, you'd know what they look like. Don't beat around the bush.

BTW, FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE

8. 575Mike

575Mike Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Cory, at least I learned something reading your posts. You really know what you're talking about. It's a pleasure reading what you write.

BTW, I saw a gorgeous yellow Ford GT today near Milwaukee. The car is amazing.

9. Saleen

Saleen Karting

May 30, 2005
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    C

Thank you Michael, I try to make my point with as much fact as possible. Sometimes there are kids who get on here and think they can glorify their dream car against people who actually know what they are talking about and that can push alot of peoples buttons. Maybe he will learn from this and shut his mouth more often. I mean, look, he has only what? 10 posts? Some veteran. I don't have very many posts because I first learned of this site last year, and I was away for over 6 months on business, so I had no chance to get on here till recently. But I still don't get on here and try and force myself on everyone else like some people we know! LMAO

10. Manettino

Manettino Rookie

Aug 9, 2005
    Land of Oz
    Funny you should use the name Saleen. The GT starts production at Saleen's SSV facility in Troy, and then is transported to Wixom for final assembly. This slide show from Ford reveals the production of a Ford GT from start to finish:

http://www.fordvehicles.com/fordgt/media_popup.asp?media=CURRENT_VIDEO&id=7

Just getting the facts.

11. Saleen

Saleen Karting

May 30, 2005
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    C

I stand corrected on the factory statements I made. I was told by a Ford employee at a show featuring the GT otherwise. Very good video/slideshow Manettino.

12. fordgt2006

fordgt2006 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    #62 fordgt2006, Apr 23, 2006
  13. LMP234

LMP234 Formula 3

May 8, 2004
    TN
    Full Name:
    Leon
    The 430 and the GT are on about the same 'level'.

I would bet that in the hands of an equal driver, the 430 would be quicker around a track, barely. Top Gear has the laptime of a 360cs at 1.22.3, the Ford GT at 1.21.9. And the 430 is quicker than the CS.

Comparing the GT to an Enzo or Carrera GT is ridiculous though.

14. Saleen

Saleen Karting

May 30, 2005
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    C

Put your money where your mouth is then. Fact is, you act like a kid, so you'll get treated like a kid. When you think you can push your beliefs on people who KNOW BETTER is when you'll get publicly maimed for doing so on a site like this. You're better off going on SVTPerformance.com with your little shananigans and attitude. Fact is, I still see no proof you own those cars. Anyone can take a picture of a friend's or acquaintance's garage and cars anytime they like.

15. Arg-S4

Arg-S4 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    Personally, between your choices I’d get the GT. Consider getting a 360CS. That’s the best choice all the way.

16. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    What makes you think anyone would care?

17. LMP234

LMP234 Formula 3

May 8, 2004
    TN
    Full Name:
    Leon
    The fact that he capitalizes random words has me intrigued, I wish to know which high powered individual does this!

18. fordgt2006

fordgt2006 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    How many of your friends or Acquaintances have a 67 GT500 and a GT in there garage, This is a Tall order. Why Don't you put your money where your Big Mouth is. How many Ferrari's have you owned? I have owned 4 and have a deposit down on a F430, Are you getting a F430? Please post PICS of your Ferrari or other Exotic so I can see it. At least "Mike" has a history with Ferrari and has a F430Spyder on order.

19. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    #69 ylshih, Apr 24, 2006
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. LMP234

LMP234 Formula 3

May 8, 2004
    TN
    Full Name:
    Leon
    Hahaha ^

We have alot of big name owners on here. Dont think you can post a bunch of stupid information, and then compensate by throwing your weight around because you've owned a few cars. No ones impressed.

21. Guibo

Guibo Karting

Nov 21, 2003
    Wouldn't that be 570-587 crank hp? ;)

"I'd like to see data on the two at a track with equal drivers."
    ---575Mike

Here's the test by Motor Trend; times in () for the F430 are with launch control:
    http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupe/112_0506_exotic_coupes_comparison/specs_price.html

By Car & Driver:
    http://img272.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cadfg38cd.jpg

Sport Auto got:
    Ford GT / F430
    0-100 kmh: 3.9 / 4.0
    0-200 kmh: 11.9 / 12.6

To the best of my knowledge, these are all same-day, same-driver tests.

22. Manettino

Manettino Rookie

Aug 9, 2005
    Land of Oz
    If I had a nickel for every time...

23. 575Mike

575Mike Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I would LOVE to own a Ford GT. The car looks AMAZING! The car is FAST! And let's face it, there has been a certain arrogance by Ferrari N.A. dealers (some, not all) that is a real turn off.

What is holding me back from buying one? I'm afraid this thing will end up like many of the other cars I've gotten burned on...values falling like a rock.

I have this "hang up" about buying over priced assets. I expect certain assets to depreciate, the question is, to what degree is it acceptable/affordable?

Besides muscle cars, of all the cars I've owned, F cars have held their value pretty well.

24. Koby

Koby Formula 3

Dec 14, 2003
    The Borough, NJ
    Full Name:
    Jason Kobies
    this thread is about as bad as it gets

25. asianbond

asianbond Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Back to topic at hand. I've driven both the 360(&CS) and Ford Gt.

When I first saw the GT I thougt it was a beautiful car and had seriously considered getting one.

Then I drove it and was quite disappointed. The engine sounded quite boring (heard there is an aftermarket upgrade), the interior finishing was not impressive, the steering felt quite artifical, couldn't get a good road feel.

Power was there in a effortless but subtle way, very undramatic car, unlike a 360 or CS.

Worse of all was the view out the windshield which was quite limited (narrow windshield) and MASSIVE A pillar which really blocks one third of your forward vision.

I can see how people can fall in love with the GT, but given all the various competition there are many other choices to choose from. The 360 will deliver a true Italian sports car driving experience without a doubt. The only part I admire about the GT is viewing it from the outside. Impossible to expect Ford to build its first supercar and expect it to mimic a true italian version from the get-go. It's an american supercar and it feels like one.

The GT is a very fast and beautifully design car, it's just not for me which is why I'm looking at an Aston Martin V8 Vantage instead.

FordGt2006- just caught up with your previous posts, how can anyone bad mouth a 360? I can't think of one negative thing about the car. It's a high reving V8 with F1 technology gearbox, great looks, awesome sound, beautiful interior, and tremendous to drive. The 360 is a great car for what it is. Comparing it solely based on HP figures is mindless, especially given the larger engine and supercharger the GT uses. Get a trick out supra if you solely want hp or even a Z06 corvette. Reliability is luck of the draw.