Ferrari 400? | FerrariChat

Ferrari 400?

Discussion in '360/430' started by Ferrari D-Zyner, Mar 27, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari D-Zyner

Mar 26, 2005
    Hey guys. I went down to my local Ferrari Dealership the other day for a special sneak peek at the new 430. Well naturally, with my technical backround in design and engineering, I got into a discussion with a ferrari rep concerning the design of the new cars and where Ferrari is going in the next few years. He said that the 430 was a true Ferrari no doubt, but the real car to wait for is the 400. Now I've never heard of a 400, and it's possible that I heard wrong, but it wouldn't surprise me if Ferrari was already well into the design process of it's F430 replacement, especially now that it has entered back into sports car racing. The guy also said that Ferrari would almost definitely be switching to a V12 powerplant for all of its cars the next go around, evidently for racing purposes. This would lead me to believe that Ferrari is making a Major shift back into the sports car racing circuit, maybe even into prototype racing (LMP). But even more exiting is the thought of a 4.0L V12 spider. Almost too incredible to believe. Still though, I think I'll put my 100K down for it, even if it doesn't come out for another 4 years-

2. caps8419

caps8419 Karting

Aug 20, 2004
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Full Name:
    michael
    check the classics section. the 400 is an older 2+2 style car. my cousin has one.

-mike

3. Ferrari D-Zyner

Mar 26, 2005
    Yeah I know about taht 400, but he was talking about an entirely new car, a two seater F430 replacement. Couldn't be the same type.

4. PrancingHorseFan

PrancingHorseFan Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2004
    delaware
    i dout that they're working on the 430's replacement. though nows a good time to get on the waiting list for it.

5. shin

shin Karting

Apr 8, 2004
    Full Name:
    Shin