Ferrari 420 Design | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ferrari 420 Design

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by Innotech, Jun 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Innotech

Innotech Formula Junior

May 14, 2004
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Jue
    I suppose you really cannot please everyone, because some people hate my rear design and love the 420, so theres no guaranteeing any design will be a success. I even know people who hate the new DB9

2. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    great job wow very impressed way better then the 420 for sure..

3. dmeyer

dmeyer Formula Junior

May 30, 2004
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    David Meyer
    You are a great artist and clearly have great taste in cars too....to bad Ferrari can't even come close to that. Your version is much better looking than any "official" pics of the new 420.

4. Innotech

Innotech Formula Junior

May 14, 2004
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Jue
    I think Ferrari goes for simplicity, and I like complex racing style designs with holes everywhere. However I also think perhaps that whil my designs look great, they might not be aerodynamic or osmething, which is osmething to consider when judging a cars looks. Maybe it could have been lower or more attractive, but it wouldnt be as aerodynamicor functional..then again, thats still no excuse for Ferraris current style. It can still be much better and still be practical to produce. I mean, look at TVR for an example of exciting and crazy design, or Pagani. Its possible, Ferrari is just afraid to do it for osme reason.

5. callaides

callaides Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    Detroit, MI
    #30 callaides, Jul 21, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Here's a sketch of the new 612 Scaglietti I did last semester. We were supposed to draw a car we liked at the Auto Show for trans class:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    I don´t think it is a matter of fear, rather a question of taste. I will not judge your drawings, just for that reason (it being a matter of taste), but I think we can agree that Ferrari just isn´t looking for a design that consists of lots and lots of details (therefor is looking incoherent, no clear vision), but for a design that has a solid base and is just pure and clean overall.

7. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    We have a winner!

What grade did you get?

8. callaides

callaides Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    Detroit, MI
    Haha, for that project? I think I got an "A-" ...

9. FerrariEnzo

FerrariEnzo Karting

May 16, 2004
    Shaker Heights
    Full Name:
    Holden
    "Innotech"- What a class A movie.

10. callaides

callaides Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    Detroit, MI
    #35 callaides, Jul 21, 2004
  11. callaides

callaides Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    Detroit, MI
    #36 callaides, Jul 21, 2004
  12. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    I am truly amazed. Not only you have a great technique, you also have a very interesting vision upon Ferrari's future forms. If I were Sergio Pininfarina, you'd have a job instantly.

13. callaides

callaides Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    Detroit, MI
    Thanks. The comments are always appreciated.

14. Innotech

Innotech Formula Junior

May 14, 2004
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Jue
    lets join up and create our own company! HA j/k
    I have so many ideas that justp ile up in a stack in my room. Your design therel ooks like a Farboud, which is a car I really like al ot. Really great render!
    I htink my personal quirk is that I like to fill up space. I find designs with large amounts of clean untouched surface to be a mite boring, which isnt to say bad, just not my taste. thats probably why I dontl ike modena as much as 355, because its more plain surfaced and not as exciting. thats also why I prefer aston DB9 over 612. If I could make myself to create less cluttered complex designs Id have a better chance at success (well if I ever decide to join an art academy or something)
    As it is though, the whole racing look with air scoops and openings all over hte car, like an Edonic or Saleen S7, is more to my liking. Now, Ferrari has made cars like that as well, especially some really freaky concepts, and a couple Ferrari based cars in particular I drew a bit of inspiration from. Ferrari IDEA Pace Car, and Koenig Competition Evolution

15. Jameel

Jameel Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Canada
    Callaides, that's some serious talent. Wow!

16. callaides

callaides Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    Detroit, MI
    thanks man, if only you were my chairman

17. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com
    WOW!

... as to callaides art work

18. callaides

callaides Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    Detroit, MI
    #43 callaides, Jul 21, 2004
  19. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    You know, that could very well be a design proposal for a new midengined boxer 12.

You really should send these drawings to Pininfarina. I´d very much like you to design future Ferrari´s.

20. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    Absolutley superb pictures both of you.

Mind you, with all due respect to Innotech's rear, I rather clean Calliades!

21. Innotech

Innotech Formula Junior

May 14, 2004
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Jue
    I tend to overdo designs a lot. I think maybe if I got rid of the middle row of grilles (although I like that part) it would look much cleaner and more like Callais design. However, I would reallyl ike to keep that Testarossa part of my design as that it hte main focus of the back. I just like really like back ends of cars that are exotic.

22. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    agree i love the back you drew

23. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    Totally aggree. I like a nice detailed car. The rear of your design is one hell of a style statement, and flies in the face of the current "bland" styling used by so many of todays car stylist. But I would imagine that to manufacture such a sylised vehicle, the production costs would be pushing up towards the Zonda (which I think looks like an explosion in a car parts factory, with an interior by Ming the Merciless!). But given a choice of Zonda or Ferrari Innotech, your design would get my vote anytime!

24. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    Again, a matter of taste, but Ferrari simply isn´t the marque to make a name for herself with outragous, elborate designs. All the great Ferrari´s always had clean styling, in which form always followed function. A classic design doesn´t have to lean on details. With the 355, Ferrari cleaned the 348 right up, and it was a sure hit. It´s the overall shape that makes the car visually interesting. If details such as light-gear, air-intakes, air-outlets, wings and spoilers are the attentiongrabbers, than that says only one thing: that the overall design of the car doesn´t leave an impression and therefor is weak.

25. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    very nice, you have serious talent!! what is your back ground?