Ferrari 420 Design | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Ferrari 420 Design

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by Innotech, Jun 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    True, the Zonda is gonna look more dated sooner than the 360 or 575. But detaining can have a good effect (as innotechs designs) or a bad effect (Enzo, F50). Innotechs design works especially because the overall shape is right (ie 360), but the Enzo's shape is all wrong.

2. Innotech

Innotech Formula Junior

May 14, 2004
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Jue
    yeah I think shape is very important as well. Itsj ust that I like BOTH shape and detail :)
    For example, I dontl ike the new Pontiac GTO because it has a somewhat nice shape, but little detail., whereas I LOVE the Cadillac CTS because it has both an interesting shape and osme wonderful details. I tried to do both, and some say its cluttered, but I find real beauty in my design. the only way to know how it could look though would be to build it. Lines on paper tend to make something look more complex than when light is bouncing off 3d surfaces. Still, Callais has some amazing talent there and I like the look, though Id personally add more detail to fit my taste.

3. Innotech

Innotech Formula Junior

May 14, 2004
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Jue
    ok, I colored it really quick to give you a better idea of how the back would look. You can see the grille part is diminished when using body color. It sort of blends into the back overal shape so its not as glaring to the eyes.

4. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    i think the testa grills would look good in all black that way it streches across the whole back of the car like the challenge grill and makes a more aggresive statement...... 2 cents

5. Innotech

Innotech Formula Junior

May 14, 2004
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Jue
    to answer your question all I do is draw in my spare time. I never took any formal courses beyond basic art classes for pure fun. Pretty much everything I know is self taught, added to my obsession for supercars and design.

6. isellpower

isellpower Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Jason

I was in the process of running my thumb over the top of my Bic lighter in order to ignite my flame thrower when I saw the sketch of the rear. Holy crap!! That is incredible.

7. dmeyer

dmeyer Formula Junior

May 30, 2004
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    David Meyer
    It looks great...did you take the idea for the front quarter from the F50...the way it slopes down over the tire is very similar?

8. Innotech

Innotech Formula Junior

May 14, 2004
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Jue
    well, that feature line is on a lot of supercars, so it was generally a styling trend that I liked and subconsciously incorporated into the design. The modena has it too, itsj ust that on Modena, the line doesnt really flow. It just looks like it was put in last minute.

9. FerrariEnzo

FerrariEnzo Karting

May 16, 2004
    Shaker Heights
    Full Name:
    Holden
    Some of you gentleman here should honestly consider design careers if you havent already. These sketches are incredible.

10. Jordan Ross

Jordan Ross Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Austin
    Where do you think would be a good place to start such a career?

Im thinking of taking a few Automotive Design courses in Cali when Im done with high school, but thats all I really have planned. Id love to work at Farina doing sketches and clay models of Alfas, Fiats, Masers, etc. but I have no clue how to go about doing that. Im sure Sergio gets tons of cool sketches daily from wannabes like me, just begging for a job, so thats not a way to get their attention.

Should I post my M3 design in this thread? I did it last night, and its none too clean, but I want to get some feedback on this design. I tried to take the "Flame surfacing" designs and evolve them to suit the classic BMW 3-coupe shape, without it becoming ugly, like the Z4 and 5.

I scanned it in just now, but it came out crappy and blurry, with almost all the shading gone. Oh well.

Ill post the rear view if Im happy with it.
    Anyone have car they want me to design?

11. dmeyer

dmeyer Formula Junior

May 30, 2004
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    David Meyer

Alright thanks...i think it looks great!

12. callaides

callaides Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    Detroit, MI
    The rear looks better with some red on it, Innotech. Looks pretty classy, nice idea incorporating the Testarossa lines in.

13. vijen6

vijen6 Karting

Oct 21, 2004
    San Jose
    Full Name:
    Ben
    hmm .. none of the pictures are showing up for me .. love your talent though, hopefully you can fix these pix so I can see em too. Thnx!