For Sale - Ferrari 430 Scuderia Wheel Set, Dark Grey, OEM Original Parts - 226580 & 226576 | FerrariChat

For Sale Ferrari 430 Scuderia Wheel Set, Dark Grey, OEM Original Parts - 226580 & 226576

Discussion in 'Ferrari Parts & Collectibles' started by Ed_htc, Jan 23, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ed_htc

Ed_htc Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2008
    Ferrari 430 Scuderia Wheel Set, Dark Grey, OEM Original Part Numbers 226580 and 226576. These are original 430 Scuderia wheels, they will fit the 430 Scuderia. The center caps are included but the valve stems and TPMS are not included. Wheels are in excellent condition. Asking $8500 for the set.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. JM280z

JM280z Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2020
    Full Name:
    Jake
    Your eBay buy now price was $4k with $170 shipping and I’ve watched the first two auctions end, without hitting reserve, at $2200 and $1700 if I remember correctly.

$8500 is ridiculous. They can be had for $3000-5000 if people use Google. Factory Scud wheels, not just the smaller knockoffs.

I hate people attempting to rip off the fchat community.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. JM280z

JM280z Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2020
    Full Name:
    Jake
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/115171140088?hash=item1ad0bc21f8:g:cHoAAOSwP4lhzJxC&vxp=mtr

The fact is, these are worth $3-4k hence the auctions not going higher. People need to stop this hype market. The wheels are 15 year old technology. There are cheaper and better aftermarket wheels. I still want Scud wheels but $8500 is absolutely insanely ridiculous. It’s insulting to the FChat community when your last 3 auctions failed to hit reserve and your buy now price was $5k on eBay.

4. Ed_htc

Ed_htc Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2008
    Let's let Fchat hear the truth.

I listed the wheels on ebay with a buy it now of $5000, this amount is my monthly selling limit on ebay. I really did not want to sell them for $5k but had no choice using ebay.

If these wheels are so easy to find for $3k - 5k using Google, why are you wasting so much time harassing me to sell them to you? Here is your message trying to get me to sell them to you outside of ebay (which is against ebay rules and could get me banned) for $3800 - I removed your phone number as a courtesy:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

I told you no.

You continued to message me about them attempting to get me to change my mind. You even went as far as looking me up and message me on Fchat since my user name is the same as my ebay account.

Tell me, who is trying to rip who off?????

I have been a paying - I repeat paying - member of this forum for 14 years. There are people on here that will vouch for my integrity, can you say the same?

Red 27 likes this.
  5. JM280z

JM280z Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2020
    Full Name:
    Jake
    Dude, chill.

1) I messaged you on eBay for cash offer
    -you didn’t respond
    2) I messaged you on fchat
    -you didn’t respond
    3) I asked if they were 18” or 19” and you responded
    -I placed a bid on your auction

I did NOT keep messaging you after you said “no.” Lol

It’s a several thousand dollar purchase. I’m going to ask for details and offering cash *in person* is absolutely appropriate for *both* parties.

I’ve been quoted $3500 for a set from Australia, plus shipping. Obviously I’d rather cash in person. I’m not “harassing” you.

You’re the guy asking a 70% markup for fchat community. That’s price gouging.

6. JM280z

JM280z Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2020
    Full Name:
    Jake
    #6 JM280z, Jan 24, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2022
    Oh right, I also messaged you after the auction failed to close again. I offered cash in person again and didn’t lower my original offer. Ironically, I offered cash in person higher than any auction bidder from your last 3 auctions and you’re angry at me? You ignored all my offers. And now you place a 70% markup above your eBay buy now price? Dude, that’s rude. And now you’re lying saying you said “no” to me and I kept coming back to you; you never replied to any offer.

Yes, I looked you up on fchat before I placed a bid on an eBay auction. eBay is full of scammers now a days. Not sure why that’s inappropriate… You have only a few reviews in the last 12 months on eBay.

I’m not “harassing” you. Grow up. It’s a ~$4,000 purchase… people are going to communicate with you in regards; you never responded to any of my offers, which were all higher than any auction bid and cash in person. Your last fchat thread contribution was 10 years ago and last comment 1 year ago. Don’t get high and mighty.

**Don’t be angry because I point out you upped your eBay buy now by 70% for the FChat community.**

7. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

I'm just gonna step in here for a second.

I've known Ed for quite some time. He's a stand up guy, great Ferrari enthusiast, and as honest a guy as I've ever met.

While technically, posting helpful facts in a classified is allowed under the rules, adding personal insults is not. Suggesting that Ed is trying to rip folks off here is insulting and absolutely without merit.

So JM, dial it back some. You've made your point, move along and keep it civil.

If you don't like his asking price, then don't buy from him.

D

8. JM280z

JM280z Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2020
    Full Name:
    Jake
    #8 JM280z, Jan 24, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2022
    I understand your point but it seems one sided.

Ed made two lies:
    1) that he told me no to my offer (he never responded)
    2) that I continued to try and convince him after he told me no (I gave him a cash offer before auction ended and one after; hardly excessive)
    His lies were malicious to discredit me versus my initial comment was fact based and in FChat community’s best interest.

His actions of marking up his previous ‘buy now’ price by 70% for the FChat community is insulting and disingenuousness. This is a forum and by definition it relies on communication of its members. People should know these wheels failed to yield auction price above $3500 (3 times) and that $8500 ask is excessive. I should be able to voice those concerns despite not making an offer as it is informing others to not blatantly overpay for something. I consider excessively high prices scamming, some people call that good business, to each their own. I am not sure how my comments/implications of him over charging are any more insulting than his lies and his comments attempting to discredit me based on fchat seniority.

I’m not interested in continuing participation in this thread, but I responded to your comment for the above reasons.

9. Ed_htc

Ed_htc Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2008
    Back on topic, set of 430 Scuderia wheels for sale.

New price per Ferrari Philadelphia is:

"226580 rear NO longer available anywhere (last price was $ 2916.88)
    226576 front in stock at the factory $ 2074.34."

New cost is $9,982.44 however the rear wheels are no longer available.

Asking $8500 for the set including UPS ground shipping to lower 48 states.
    If you have a Scuderia and need a set of original wheels, these are for you!

PM me with any questions.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Red 27 and van22 like this.
  10. mathewr

mathewr F1 Rookie
    Sponsor Rossa Subscribed

Dec 7, 2011
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Full Name:
    Ferrari Wheel Guru
    These will sell at $7500 no problem. Getting very rare now in mint condition.

Great set here Ed.

Red 27 likes this.
  11. Mario Andretti

Mario Andretti Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Aug 9, 2020
    Boston
    I offered you 4k on ebay, you should have taken that :)

JM280z likes this.
  12. carbonsmith

carbonsmith Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2016
    Beautiful set! Very reasonable price, as these are getting much harder to find. The last set that I sold new old stock went for 6500 + ship ask, in a day for a quick move.

Do not listen to these cheapskates & sell at their 2-4k budget.

mathewr likes this.
  13. JM280z

JM280z Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2020
    Full Name:
    Jake
    Sounds like you’re making money on inflating the market too. “Cheapskates.” Lol

These guys offered me and another member a set for $4k: [email protected]

I found another set for $3500 requiring refinishing but they’re sold now. Facebook marketplace.

This set in this thread was Buy Now on eBay for $5k so FChat gets a 70% markup. They failed to yield over $3.5K at auction 3 times. If we are “cheapskates” for not over paying, what do you call people who artificially inflate prices (FChat 70% markup)?

Mario Andretti likes this.
  14. Ed_htc

Ed_htc Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2008
    I am glad to hear you found what you were looking for, enjoy your new wheels.

Red 27 likes this.
  15. Ed_htc

Ed_htc Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2008
    Thanks for the data point!
    I have owned these wheels for 14 years so if I have to wait a little more for a reasonable offer - so be it!

Red 27 likes this.