Ferrari 430 Scuderia wont start up??? | FerrariChat

Ferrari 430 Scuderia wont start up???

Discussion in '360/430' started by Gosvig430Scuderia, Feb 3, 2021.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gosvig430Scuderia

Feb 3, 2021
    Full Name:
    Anders Gosvig
    I have a Ferrari 430 Scuderia located at the dealer, and it won't start up. it has been siting for about 5-6 months since summer 2020. The battery should be charged, but seems to not start up.

Look at the video attached, maybe some of you knows about this issue? Thanks a lot
    Its the my staff that took the video, that im under the lockdown right now.

Attached Files:

2. G8TD

G8TD Karting

Apr 25, 2004
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Is the 430 throttle similar to the 458? Dan (NGS) had the same issue with his 458 and it was the throttle-by-wire assembly.

3. Gosvig430Scuderia

Feb 3, 2021
    Full Name:
    Anders Gosvig
    What was the issue there? That the betale pedal didnt connect to the engine or what?

Do you have a thread with the issue?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

4. Circle K

Circle K Karting

Dec 21, 2017
    Full Name:
    KC
    Faulty immobilizer

5. Gosvig430Scuderia

Feb 3, 2021
    Full Name:
    Anders Gosvig
    Would it really be that easy? Have you seen this issue before?

6. G8TD

G8TD Karting

Apr 25, 2004
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Joe
    After looking at some pictures of the 430 pedal box it doesn't look like the 458 at all. As I stated in my original post, I had no idea if the throttle on the 430 was like the 458 (throttle by wire). I thought for sure someone with more knowledge of the system would have chimed in. It was not posted on F-Chat. It was posted on YouTube. I won't post the link, since it may violate F-Chat's TOS. Circle K might be right. Please keep us advised. Best of luck.

7. Gosvig430Scuderia

Feb 3, 2021
    Full Name:
    Anders Gosvig
    Thanks again,

I really weird, as the car is in France and I live in Denmark, I can only send my ferrari mechanic videos, and he talks about it could be that the clutch has to much wear and therefor I won't crank the engine.

Then again he talks about the E-diff could be gone, as the 430 Scuderia won't start if the e-diff system is out of order.

Some guy also messaged me that a bad battery will not let the car start, but I will turn on the instrument cluster and aircon...

I can not find any other threads that has this issue, F430 normal or 430 Scuderia, nothing.

8. Scottslaw

Scottslaw Formula Junior

Battery is cheap and is often the culprit. Start there!

LARRYH and flash32 like this.
  9. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    I second replacing the battery and i have a really dumb question ..is the person trying to start pushing brake pedal ..i know it is a given but it is not you who is there ..just checking

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

LARRYH and Circle K like this.
  10. Scudmsl

Scudmsl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2014
    USA
    I third it! Battery should be step 1.

LARRYH likes this.
  11. Gosvig430Scuderia

Feb 3, 2021
    Full Name:
    Anders Gosvig
    I hope my employee knows what he's doing, so I hope he pushed the brake when trying to start the 430, otherwise I should learn him about that.
    But as 3 of you said, I will get Ferrari to change the battery and see if that makes any miracles.

Thanks a lot, I will let you know as soon as its coming to Denmark again :)
    Im still open if any has other suggestions, but since the battery is a common problem, it could be that easy.

12. Penzinger

Penzinger Karting

Jul 13, 2019
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Heinz
    Check brakelight switch!

13. Gosvig430Scuderia

Feb 3, 2021
    Full Name:
    Anders Gosvig
    What do you mean by brake light switch?

14. Penzinger

Penzinger Karting

Jul 13, 2019
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Heinz
    Press the brake pedal when starting the engine. The brake light switch is operated. If not then no engine start. The brake light switch under the pedal is often the cause and relatively cheap to replace.

15. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    yes if its on the way out you have to step on the brake pedal with all your weight...happened to me in the 430 spider

16. Circle K

Circle K Karting

Dec 21, 2017
    Full Name:
    KC
    Yes, I had mine erased from the ecu. But it can also be as simple as a loose ground. Have your mechanic connect a manual starter switch at the starter and see if the starter turns

17. Gosvig430Scuderia

Feb 3, 2021
    Full Name:
    Anders Gosvig
    Thanks a lot, I will look into a new battery and maybe the brake pedal switch :-D