Ferrari 456 cars for sale | Page 24 | FerrariChat

Ferrari 456 cars for sale

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by toggie, Oct 10, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Merlin Auto Group likes this.
  2. killer58

killer58 Formula 3

Jun 30, 2010
    CA & DC
    That’s what I thought too.
    I think there were only 2 in the US with that configuration....

3. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Those were the most expensive regular production Ferraris made at the time. More than an F1 575M, which had just been released when this one was produced.

4. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Yes, I saw either that car or a similar earlier red 456 at the LA Auto show and was most taken. Then I checked the sticker price and put Ferraris out of my mind for the next decade or so until I saw the 612 which was much depreciated and generally affordable or at least relative to what I wanted to spend. The automatic on the 456 put me off when I seriously started looking at Fcars in 2013 and didn't see hardly any MT examples. Although had I seen this one again I may have been temped.

5. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    is that george's old car ?

Merlin Auto Group likes this.
  6. bergxu

bergxu Formula 3

Aug 16, 2005
    OnTheSerpentMound
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Wow, definitely sounds like a very nice example, and my dream 456 at that! But it's above my budget, especially since I already own one. If I were able to move mine along reasonably quickly I'd be a contender on your car. That said, I don't figure putting mine on the market until spring is a good idea. No reason to undersell simply because of the season. My car is a Blu NART '99 M so I reckon it won't be too hard to find a buyer for it when the time comes...

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

7. Merlin Auto Group

Merlin Auto Group Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 18, 2016
    Atlanta
    Indeed!

8. Fennicus

Fennicus Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2015
    Helsinki, Finland
    Full Name:
    Pekka T.
    Hi,

There were two Italian sold and registered cars in Padua. Oddly the other one being 1995 and B44 in the vin had the non-airbag steering wheel and the fact that the ashtray did not look standard I thought maybe a PO had modified the interior to his liking. That one was dark blue with a black interior, which IMO did look a bit dark and dull. The other one had 80.000+km on it, also dark blue metallic, but light grey interior, asking price was €68k EUR and it sold the 1st day. It had the normal airbag steering wheel and ashtray, both had the a/c control panel quite bubbly and the sold car had the sticky panels on the center console, but orherwise looked to be a really well taken care of car.

Cheers,

Pekka T.
    Fin.

Ps. Drove mine today, now 99.675kms on the dial. :)

Il Tifoso and JayEff like this.
  9. bergxu

bergxu Formula 3

Aug 16, 2005
    OnTheSerpentMound
    Full Name:
    Aaron
  10. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
  11. bergxu

bergxu Formula 3

Aug 16, 2005
    OnTheSerpentMound
    Full Name:
    Aaron
  12. au-yt

au-yt F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 13, 2006
    Burradoo... Actually
    Full Name:
    Graeme
  13. bergxu

bergxu Formula 3

Aug 16, 2005
    OnTheSerpentMound
    Full Name:
    Aaron
  14. killer58

killer58 Formula 3

Jun 30, 2010
    CA & DC
    Strange auction in my opinion. The buyer joined BaT less than a month ago, lost out on 6 cars since (grossly underbidding?), and paid over $69K for this car. Granted, it's in great condition, but it will need about $10K to correct known deferred maintenance. And that's without a PPI. If I had to lay odds, I'd say it gets flipped and we see it for sale again soon.

15. bergxu

bergxu Formula 3

Aug 16, 2005
    OnTheSerpentMound
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    I don't agree. Nobody wanting to flip a 456 would pay this much right now. Perhaps I'm wrong, I hope I am, and I get what you're saying about the bidder's history on BaT, but I think it was a legit buy.

Sixer of Moretti coming your way if I eat my words ;)

16. killer58

killer58 Formula 3

Jun 30, 2010
    CA & DC
    Aaron, that was my first thought too! I absolutely love mine so I hope he's a legit "owner" now and intends to keep it. I don't see the financial upside of flipping it either. However, 1) there were some posts in the auction listing that implied these cars are worth upwards of $80K, and 2) IIRC, there was a recent 456 that sold and was quickly relisted for a few grand more.

17. bergxu

bergxu Formula 3

Aug 16, 2005
    OnTheSerpentMound
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    I think George Pepper's red 456 is the one you're referring to?

18. Temple

Temple Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Temple
    I believe that if one follows the BaT thread the whole way through one sees that the sale included the needed service to address the "deferred" maintainence issues (belts/tensioner). So slightly less than $70k, w/ buyer's fee, including a new service. Seems to fall about right for the market. I agree with killer and bergxu, not enough "room" to flip the car. $80k for a M GTA would be on high end, the color combo/the interior is definitely a
    plus however.

Nice to see a couple of 456 f-chatters on the thread too.

19. bergxu

bergxu Formula 3

Aug 16, 2005
    OnTheSerpentMound
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    I think the terms of the service were that the new owner was asked to contribute $1,200 toward the final service bill and the seller would pick up the rest.

20. Temple

Temple Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Temple
    Absolutely correct.
    $1,200 a pretty small contribution though, given the cost of a typical service.

21. bergxu

bergxu Formula 3

Aug 16, 2005
    OnTheSerpentMound
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Agree. As long as the seller doesn't just specify a belt slap with no valve clearance check. Otherwise, may as well just ship the car to wherever the buyer lives and have the work done locally and just ask the seller to knock $1,200 off the purchase price.

22. killer58

killer58 Formula 3

Jun 30, 2010
    CA & DC
    I'll wager that car will need more than just the belts and tensioners: Fluids & filters, motor mounts, trans service, brake service, and possibly hoses. Then you cross you fingers and hope the comp / leak-down shows healthy valve guides....
    I think the seller will only have belts and tensioners done, which is probably twice the buyer's $1200 portion as he stated.

23. Temple

Temple Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Temple
    You're probably right re that it will be more than just belts and tensioners as there was definitely a "lapse" in the service history (and thereby some deferred maintainence issues that will have to be addressed). You forgot to mention the possible window seal and suspension/shock issues

24. bergxu

bergxu Formula 3

Aug 16, 2005
    OnTheSerpentMound
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Right. Long as that comp/leakdown test is ok, the rest can be dealt with reasonably easily. As I mentioned (I post on BaT as "Aaron", by the way) in the thread conversation, may as well budget for motor mounts, accumulators, fuel pump plates and mounts and hopefully the rest will be smooth sailing. Hopefully ;)

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat