Ferrari 456 cars for sale | Page 28 | FerrariChat

Ferrari 456 cars for sale

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by toggie, Oct 10, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I hang out in the 360 section now. If you want to see guys who fit your definition of a "boy racer" head on over there. I don't think of them that way, because I used to modify my cars and motorcycles too. Now I like stock.

Nothing boy racer about a 456M with shields. They are actually quite awesome on a track. The driving instructor couldn't believe how good it was. It deserves the shields.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

bergxu likes this.
  2. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    G Pepper, not sure why you think "boy racer" is necessarily a negative term. I have several friends who are really "boy racers" your age and older. Yes, some do get tickets. I don't think they would mind being called "boy racers" maybe even enjoy it? Some of them have dedicated race cars they regularly race however they are not racing Ferraris, mainly BMWs, Miatas, Minis and Porsches with full on racing stripes, sponsor decals and all the appearance stuff as well as class racing modifications.

By the way great picture of your 456 w/shields, looks good with your color. I have a Guards Red 997 TT but shields were not an option on Porsches when I ordered it so the point is mute.

3. JayEff

JayEff Karting

Aug 8, 2017
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    John
    Well I would tend to doubt that, depending. I have a hard time with what seems to be a 50k premium for a manual and even if it is a lot of work, and probably not worth it, I find it hard to believe it's a 50,000 dollar change. Certainly that's the wide end of the spectrum though and there are lot's of cars with a narrower spread, but it sure looks like buying a Gt to start might be the better choice. Or just going with a GTA and saving myself the coin.I mean if you analyze the use you put a car to and the types of roads you drive on, its rare you actually would use a manual in some sort of fun endeavor, given all the traffic there is in the world. I like the 456 a lot, but at 100 plus for a manual, well I'll go find a 550.

4. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Incidentally, my comment was in support of you, randkin. Hopefully George will keep his opinions on shields to himself in the future. "I like shields" is more than sufficient.

5. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy

Thanks, I actually like shields myself. If I was a purist non shields guy I would not have gotten a GT car with them. My car is Giorgio Ferro exterior with yellow shields and yellow calibers, good accent to break the mass of grey IMO.

6. 500tr

500tr Formula 3

Feb 28, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Volkmar Spielmann
  7. 500tr

500tr Formula 3

Feb 28, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Volkmar Spielmann
  8. JayEff

JayEff Karting

Aug 8, 2017
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    John
    I started to get a bit more serious in my car search and so I got hold of the carfax for about 15 cars in the US that are on the market right now.
    One thing that startled me was how many that are on the market, at Dealerships in particular, have an ownership change within 2 or 3 months of being on sale.
    The second thing was how many cars had radiator changes within a year after purchase.

9. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    they rads must be defective. had to change mine from the get go...

10. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Is that this car?? Price is higher than what you quoted, but maybe they did a service on it?

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=473850875&zip=83704&referrer=/cars-for-sale/searchresults.xhtml?zip=83704&startYear=1981&sortBy=derivedpriceDESC&incremental=all&firstRecord=0&endYear=2019&modelCodeList=456MGT&makeCodeList=FER&searchRadius=0&startYear=1981&numRecords=25&firstRecord=0&endYear=2019&modelCodeList=456MGT&makeCodeList=FER&searchRadius=0&makeCode1=FER&modelCode1=456MGT

Anyone have info on this one??

11. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    I think the problem with 456 and 550 radiators is that many of them never had the coolant changed because the maintenance schedule did not call for it. So after 2-3 years, all the anti corrosion additives are gone and gunk and corrosion starts building up. Now they are 20-22 years old and it is really showing.

12. JayEff

JayEff Karting

Aug 8, 2017
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    John
    I think so. It is the same car but on other web sites, as of last night, the prices was 32,900.
    https://www.carstory.com/detail/1999-ferrari-456-palatine_il-ZFFWP50A5X0115409

I suppose I should have bought that M GT that is for sale as a parts car, but I couldn't bring myself to.

13. JayEff

JayEff Karting

Aug 8, 2017
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    John
    A few of those had new Radiators within two months of being delivered new as well. But in any event it's something that happened to quite a few cars.

14. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Rare indeed. Looks like it could be a good car, though the ad needs some help. Posting pictures of pictures is weird and sketchy.

I've been staring at yours for two days now. I want it quite badly.

G. Pepper likes this.
  15. Il Tifoso

Il Tifoso Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2013
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ruben
    Makes me wonder how a 19 year old Ferrari 456 ended up at an Acura dealer... could someone really have traded it in for (heaven forbid) an Acura?!?!

Ruben

16. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Yeah, he doesn't know how to do a listing, but it appears to be a good car. It wouldn't be hard to contact him, get the VIN, and schedule a PPI.

17. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    there are a couple dealers thatll run Fcar ads at low prices to get your alerts to go crazy... then they move them back up.

18. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I put a lot of money into that car to make it perfect. The only thing I didn't address was the cosmetics, which are minor paint chips. It had an engine out for new motor mounts, and the heads rebuilt with new valve guides less than 200 miles before I sold it. I would have kept it forever if it was a manual, but I decided I wanted a 612... then I bought a 360. lol

au-yt likes this.
  19. au-yt

au-yt F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 13, 2006
    Burradoo... Actually
    Full Name:
    Graeme
    In the same boat but wont buy another car with Timing belts, which effectively at the 456M Manual price range discounts all late model Ferrari's

G. Pepper likes this.
  20. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Sounds like you need an FF! Perhaps the lowest maintenance Ferrari out there, and they have depreciated massively. I'm tempted to skip the 612 and go straight to an FF. If they keep on dropping, I will.

JayEff likes this.
  21. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Goodings just hammered the '99 456M GT (Rosso over Tan) for $105.6 incl premium. A bit disappointing but not out of line with what appears to be their yield during this auction. Almost no cars meeting their estimate minimums, in fact, most going at 80% of low estimate.

G. Pepper likes this.
  22. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I remember when 365GTC/4 2+2's were cheap as dirt.

23. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Odd sale. A '73 911T in time capsule condition just went for $323 before premium (~120% High estimate) but they couldn't meet reserve a number of cars I've watched and, like I said, most going for between 80 and 90% of low estimate.

Ferrari 308 Vetro and G. Pepper like this.