Ferrari 456 cars for sale | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Ferrari 456 cars for sale

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by toggie, Oct 10, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. stevepaa

stevepaa Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2006
    san jose, ca
    Full Name:
    steve
  2. rp456

rp456 Karting

Apr 26, 2007
    I own both a 456m and a California. The seats in the 456m are normal seats with limited legroom if the front seats are set back. The Cali seats are narrow, short, and position is high compared to the front. The seat back is also vertical so it is not a comfortable place to be for an extended amount of time. It is more like a bench. To get an idea of the space, I have put a child booster seat and car seat in the 456m, but the Cali can only fit the seat bottom of the booster and not the back part because the seat is too vertical and the seat is too short. I hope that makes sense.

3. michael platzer

michael platzer F1 Veteran

Nov 12, 2003
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Michael Platzer
    that car looks great. i prefer originality, but these wheels are looking good as does the overall condition of the car. it looks like a real steal for the price.

4. Flore

Flore Karting

Jan 22, 2013
    Dubai
    Anyone know if this one is still out there and for sale?

5. aidanparte

aidanparte Formula 3

Jul 18, 2004
    The seller said on eBay please feel free to contact Tim at 253-203-1472 with any questions.

From the eBay Q&A:
    We have service records from dating back to 2002 (1414 miles). A belt tensioner and leaking valve cover gasket were replaced at 3071 miles. The first timing belt service was performed by a dealer in New York including oil, filter, coolant flush and brake fluid change at 5,921 miles in 2004. The second major service was performed at 10,681 including the timing belts, engine oil and filter, transmission oil, coolant flush and brake fluid change in 2008 by a Ferrari dealer in New York. We performed an engine oil and filter change along with air filters here at 17,852 miles in 2011. The car belongs to my employer, Richard Griot from Griot’s Garage. The last PPI was performed prior to Richard purchasing the car. At that time (Jan 2009 11,569 miles) a Ferrari dealer on the East coast did a leak down test and compression test and found it to be good. They also found the shocks were leaking and so they were replaced. They also replaced a leaking AC compressor. After purchasing the vehicle, Richard replaced the tires and wheels with 19” Novitec wheels on Pirelli P-Zero tires. We do have the original wheels and would part with them for the Buy It Now price. Minor issues include window gaps along the rear edge of the side glass (a common problem I'm told). The car is being stored in our climate-controlled garage with a battery manager installed to keep it ready to roll at a moments notice. Unfortunately it doesn’t see the road as often as it should so it’s time to find it a new home. Feel free to contact me with any other questions. Tim

6. 2000 456M

2000 456M F1 World Champ

Sep 29, 2007
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Allan
    The guy is pretty well known in the Pacific Northwest and has a good reputation with the F-crowd. You might want to ask in the PNW section, since guys in Washington state would know better than I.

7. Derek at FoD

Derek at FoD Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Derek Fennig
    I really wish you guys would stop bumping this thread to the top...everytime I see it I have to go back and stare at that gorgeous 456 and it's giving me thoughts of abandoning my search for a 550!

8. treedee3d

treedee3d F1 Rookie

Apr 1, 2011
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Fab
    Please don't, we don't need more guy competing for the very few 456s on the market.

9. Flore

Flore Karting

Jan 22, 2013
    Dubai
    Haha I so agree with that.

Thanks for the info guys. Let's see if I can get somewhere.

10. Scott4139

Scott4139 Rookie

Jan 22, 2009
    #85 Scott4139, Jan 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  11. Flore

Flore Karting

Jan 22, 2013
    Dubai
    #86 Flore, Jan 27, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2013
  12. chrismic

chrismic Formula Junior

Jan 7, 2012
  13. 2000 456M

2000 456M F1 World Champ

Sep 29, 2007
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Even though the posted photo looks like a tan interior, the dealer and the other pics indicate cuoio, a darker saddle leather color.

14. chrismic

chrismic Formula Junior

Jan 7, 2012
    My other concern is importing this to Europe.[/QUOTE]

Importing 456Ms from the US to Europe is ill-advised. US cars have the sidemarkers and different rear plate design (arguably to the detriment of the design/looks of the car). The market in the US (number of MGTs) is much smaller and the price niveau not much different to Europe.
    If you're in Europe, I'd suggest to look there. If you don't mind RHD cars, the UK is a good market. In continental Europe my guestimate is around 60K Euros for a good M GT although steals can be found in Italy at the moment. Blue (either Pozzi or TdF) works to your advantage as most M GTs were finished in this colour.

Here's one TdF sold by a reputable German F dealer:

Auto usate: Ferrari, 456, M GT AutoScout24 pagina di dettaglio

15. Flore

Flore Karting

Jan 22, 2013
    Dubai

Importing 456Ms from the US to Europe is ill-advised. US cars have the sidemarkers and different rear plate design (arguably to the detriment of the design/looks of the car). The market in the US (number of MGTs) is much smaller and the price niveau not much different to Europe.
    If you're in Europe, I'd suggest to look there. If you don't mind RHD cars, the UK is a good market. In continental Europe my guestimate is around 60K Euros for a good M GT although steals can be found in Italy at the moment. Blue (either Pozzi or TdF) works to your advantage as most M GTs were finished in this colour.

Here's one TdF sold by a reputable German F dealer:

Auto usate: Ferrari, 456, M GT AutoScout24 pagina di dettaglio[/QUOTE]

I share this concern.
    Already in touch with the above one as well :)

Thanks for your help.

16. treedee3d

treedee3d F1 Rookie

Apr 1, 2011
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Fab
    It doesn't look like a better deal can be had in Europe for these cars.

17. raf456

raf456 Karting

Jan 27, 2013
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Full Name:
    Robert Freiburghouse
    I ask the dealer if they sold it, but got no reply.

18. Flore

Flore Karting

Jan 22, 2013
    Dubai
    Spoke to him today. MINE (not quite yet, but on it)

19. raf456

raf456 Karting

Jan 27, 2013
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Full Name:
    Robert Freiburghouse
    The dealer's web site description of this car ends with the word SOLD??

20. chrismic

chrismic Formula Junior

Jan 7, 2012
    Which one?

21. Flore

Flore Karting

Jan 22, 2013
    Dubai
    The one in Germany. Also had an E-Mail from the guy in San Fran, so that one is available still.

Can anyone point out (this might exist somewhere already but have not found a comprehensive summary) what the main points I should be looking out for when someone is going to do PPI for this?

- Windows
    - Belt change
    - Leather
    - Stone chips

What other things?

Thanks for your help!

22. chrismic

chrismic Formula Junior

Jan 7, 2012
    Comprehensive info on this in this section. The issues you list are only minor and will be taken care of given that the car is sold by this dealer

23. Flore

Flore Karting

Jan 22, 2013
    Dubai
    Thanks for the response. I am trying to put this all in one comprehensive list, might be useful for others.

Further areas of concern I found are:

- Dash
    - Rear Shock Absorbers leaking

24. 360modena2003

360modena2003 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2009
    CHECK:

- Windows
    - Belt and tensioner (update) change
    - Leather
    - Engine Mounts (updated from 575/612)
    - Radiator Hoses (use SR ones)
    - Rear Suspension Spheres (check/replace)
    - Fuel Pump rubber mounts (Alfa 164) - they disintegrate with the biofuels.
    - Clutch
    - Check fuse box for any heat damage
    - CAT Temp sensors (check CEL lights) - one for each side -
    - Alarm system (key fob) THIS IS THE BIGGEST problem; if it doesnt work, you car become a paperweight.

If you address all these issue, the 456/550 is pretty much bullet proof.

25. Flore

Flore Karting

Jan 22, 2013
    Dubai
    Thanks mate for the list. I will try and find someone to do a PPI for this.