Ferrari 456 cars for sale | Page 44 | FerrariChat

Ferrari 456 cars for sale

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by toggie, Oct 10, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I did. Thanks, but seriously, I'm no Taz. His scope borders on encyclopedic and I'm screwing around with a spreadsheet. Big difference for real.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

2. bergxu

bergxu Formula 3

Aug 16, 2005
    OnTheSerpentMound
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Gullwing in NY just listed a Verde Mugello '95 with 82K miles for $34.5K. Needed a lot of work but sold quickly. That's my ultimate 456 color and I shouldn't have hesitated to grab it and make it a long term project but someone else beat me to it. Maybe best not to have three 456s anyways, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I saw that listing. Lord it was tempting. Hope the new owner is watching Scowman's thread!!

4. Temple

Temple Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Temple
    Couldn’t agree more re Taz!! A walking encyclopedia!! Such an asset to the 456/550/575 community!!

Thank you Taz, I understand that Eric would not even have been able to put this spread-sheet together without your assistance. I, and the entire Ferrari 456/550/575 community, thank you for your work/effort!!

5. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    No bet on that as I believe you are quite correct. Appears there are only 10 Schumacher Editions worldwide. They are all manuals. The only thing keeping them for going through the roof completely is that its an appearance package, not a performance package. In the 456 world, there is no FHP, no World Record edition, no Challenge cars, just quiet, unassuming gentlemen in their motor carriages.....puttering along with the kiddies in the back....at 185!!

6. Temple

Temple Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Temple
    Yes, I know. I’m quite well versed in the history of the 456. You’re correct, no performance difference from the standard 456, just appearance (eg bi-color exterior, Daytona seats interior?) . But it the rarity that counts!! Only 25!! Named after, and celebrating, what can be arguably called the greatest period of the Ferrari racing team/program. Maybe even built during the same period (I have to check on that). What you think?

7. 500tr

500tr Formula 3

Feb 28, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Volkmar Spielmann
    Approx. 25. Exact numbers unknown.
    The factory delivered one to every German dealer wether they asked for or not. These cars were very difficult to sell.

8. Temple

Temple Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Temple
    I cannot believe I am hearing this!! Do they come up for sale often Volkmar?

9. Temple

Temple Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Temple
    How do you explain the lack of “enthusiasm” for this model Volkmar? Because it is a GT/2+2? A “family” Ferrari? Not a Ferrari? >>>> “‘real’ Ferrari’s don’t seat 4!!”

10. 500tr

500tr Formula 3

Feb 28, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Volkmar Spielmann
    2+2 are difficult to sell in general. But at the time the Bicolore came out everybody waited for the 612. These cars were the last of the production and nobody wanted to have an 'old' model which was the most expensive Ferrari. Remember these years, everybody got his new Ferrari and ordered the next model immediately.

11. 500tr

500tr Formula 3

Feb 28, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Volkmar Spielmann
    I bought mine in 2006 and sold it in 2014.
    They are very rare indeed and this one is a unique chance to get a one owner car.

12. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    A quick run through the data shows only 10 cars identified at the Schumacher editions. Can someone clarify for me where they got the number 25 for these?

13. Lionworks Auto

Lionworks Auto Formula 3

Oct 16, 2013
    Worthington OH
    Full Name:
    Ed
    #1088 Lionworks Auto, Apr 15, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
    Appreciate the hard work on this! If true, crazy to believe I might have 1 of 23 three-pedal 2001 M’s in the nation - but I like it. You’re welcome to confirm mine in your data:

ZFFWL44A210122700

View attachment 2530822 View attachment 2530825

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

14. Lionworks Auto

Lionworks Auto Formula 3

Oct 16, 2013
    Worthington OH
    Full Name:
    Ed
  15. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    So strange. It will be collectable and worth a ton, but other than the manual, it is a very uninteresting car to me. The bicolor treatment does the car no favors to my eyes, and no shields or Daytona seats. I guess that just fit with his conservative style, but I would want it loaded.

16. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Thanks, Ed. Got it. I would like to confirm a couple of things. Your exterior paint color is Grigio Ingrid or Grigio Titanio Metallic. The F-Register list has the car as Ingrid. Your interior looks black in the photos whereas the data says it might be dark blue. I can't tell from the pictures that I see what color your calipers are. Also, do you know your Assembly # and your Engine #?

23 does appear to be the count for manual is '01. And my total cars number matching the NHTSA number for the model year so there won't be anymore showing up. This is pretty hard data at this point.

17. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    And the data on the three shipped here don't particularly show them as having been heavily optioned outside the paint configuration. Contrast Bordeaux stitching on the interior is all the data shows. Could be more but I'll have to hear from owners to confirm. In contrast, many of the other '03 cars were optioned out pretty well. It does seem strange to me but Ferrari marketing and car configuration is a world all by itself.

18. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I remember that there was almost no excitement about these cars. Very few were interested in them at all. The 612 was already a known, and virtually all in the new 2+2 market were waiting. And just an aside, but have you seen what FF's are down to?! I've been looking for a 612 for a while now, but it makes almost no sense to buy one anymore, unless it's a manual or you want to convert one to manual. It's a great time to be looking for 2+2 Ferraris!

Lionworks Auto likes this.
  19. 500tr

500tr Formula 3

Feb 28, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Volkmar Spielmann
    No options for the Bicolore Scaglietti available...

20. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Yes and no. Owning a 612 is more of a historical Ferrari experience which is amazing in my opinion. The FF does everything better but the 612 is more enjoyable to own if you set functionality aside. My FFs beauty is in its functionality (when it's not in the shop). If I'm coming out of a restaurant on a spring/summer/fall night and I have a 20 to 40 mile drive ahead of me, I want the 612 every time.

Sent from my BBB100-3 using Tapatalk

21. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    And you can substitute my 456 gtm in place of the 612 and my post still holds true.

Sent from my BBB100-3 using Tapatalk

22. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    It is that. I am watching the FF market pretty steady. I doubt I would get rid of the 456M right now but a FF stable mate....

G. Pepper likes this.
  23. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I already had a 456M, and the 612 seems like more and better of the same experience compared to the FF, which is a quantum leap. With only a $20-30K difference between similar 612's and FF's now, it's pretty tough to make sense out of buying a 612. For me, anyway. It would have to be a great deal on a special 612 at this point. A loaded one in Giallo Modena, for example. :)

24. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Given your comments on both your 612 and 456 gtm compared to the FF, does the FF feel all too modern and sanitized? Or is the drive just not as viscerally inspired as the others? Curious as while looking for an FF, I would expect to use it more regularly than the 456 gtm. The 456 is more of an "special occasion" car. I drive it, love the hell out of it, but its not something that I just jump in and run to work or do errands. It also seems rather ill suited to the weather here in New Hampshire and the FF should be usable for a much greater part of the year. Probably wouldn't take it ice racing but snotty cold rain days wouldn't be quite the freak out with a FF.

25. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I drove my M three or four times a week, sometimes just across town to the fancy liquor store and cigar shop I like. My policy is, if I have to put it on a battery tender, I'm not driving it enough. And it was great on vacations, rain or shine. The 612 would be a similar experience, especially in the maintenance area, but the FF is in another league. Too bad it's so homely. I have already anticipated getting a, "That's the ugliest Ferrari I've ever seen!" comment. The 612 has crowd pleasing esthetics, that's for sure. Still thinking of converting one to manual for that reason.