Ferrari 458 Spider FIRST PICS | Page 19 | FerrariChat

Ferrari 458 Spider FIRST PICS

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by 1986245, Aug 19, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Maybe in the old days, but now...

Specially, those early Boxsters had a few issues to deal with. The good news were that if you had an IMS failure, the lack of access to the engine bay was the lesser of your problems.

2. Lesia44

Lesia44 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2009
    It's such a shame that the 'trick' paints never show to their full in photos. And this black you describe sounds particularly interesting.

3. dr.sb

dr.sb Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2011
    UK
    Full Name:
    Sunny B
    Not to worry I will try to get more photos edited by tomorrow. You need these paints in sunlight. Lighting there was too dim. It looked stunning none the less but the photos don't do it justice

4. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    both boxster and 911 engines have had a very high rate of RMS failure and its been a big issue in porsche circles...

5. Rcktrod

Rcktrod F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2010
    USA
    Is this black the nero daytona or the red flaked black metallic?

6. nads

nads Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2008
    London, UK
    Wasn't aware there was a red flaked black......??

7. Rcktrod

Rcktrod F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2010
    USA
    Silly question...I can see the red in the paint. This is almost exactly the fire black color Mac has for the12C. A great color.

8. dr.sb

dr.sb Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2011
    UK
    Full Name:
    Sunny B
    This is a brand new colour and yes Rcktrod its very similar to the Mac flame black. What ferrari was showing us was that you can taylor make your paint work or anything. any colour you want to think up, any combination or any 3 layer paint work you want they will do for you. just got to be willing to pay the price :)

9. nads

nads Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2008
    London, UK
    I was at the Spider launch in Maranello and was pretty sure that car was just Nero Daytona.....I think it is just the exposure of the photo that is showing some red......but I may be mistaken.....

10. dr.sb

dr.sb Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2011
    UK
    Full Name:
    Sunny B
    Nads the unveiling in Italy must have been amazing! Wasn't able to attend :( the reason they may not have showed this colour is because it is the first time they are showing this 'Taylor Made service' which is different from 'normal' atelier service. This paint work to showcase that in particular. I'm sure others that were there will chime in and agree it was a lot different to the Nero daytona.

Talk to maranello about it and arranging this Taylor made service for yooue upcomg car should you have one that is my actually in the process of build yet :)

Sunny

11. nads

nads Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2008
    London, UK
    I was in that room and sat in that very car......still feel it was a standard Nero Daytona but am happy to be proven wrong.......wasn't a fan of the black and red cloth interior or the silver grills, but it certainly was novel.....thought the red stripe through the CF was cool though!

12. dr.sb

dr.sb Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2011
    UK
    Full Name:
    Sunny B
    Lol you should've said you were there before lol. I think the lighting was really dim hence it wasn't showing properly, but from certain angles you could see the flecks of red.

[email protected] - this is the chap that did the session with me. good guy. he's probably still at the show but could confirm with him.

agree with you on the cloth on the interior and the CF. i wonder though if you could actually get different coloured CF in general?

sunny

13. Lesia44

Lesia44 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2009
    #463 Lesia44, Sep 17, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2011
    Any pictures of the CF with the red stripe? Sounds interesting.

14. dr.sb

dr.sb Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2011
    UK
    Full Name:
    Sunny B
    I've posted some earlier. enjoy.

sunny

15. nads

nads Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2008
    London, UK
    I have seen blue,brown and red CF.....in addition you can now also get different patterns of CF.

16. Lesia44

Lesia44 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2009
    Ah, yes, I see. So when you say 'red stripe' you really do mean red stripe! I thought it was going to be something running through the weave, quite subtle. That's a little bit naff, though.

17. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    #467 ingegnere, Sep 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  18. dr.sb

dr.sb Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2011
    UK
    Full Name:
    Sunny B
    +1. i thought it would be better as a red coloured carbon/kevlar which is actually available.

sunny