Ferrari 488 Pista | Page 54 | FerrariChat

Ferrari 488 Pista

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by ilikefastcars1, Feb 20, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Looks like someone is selling an allocation in France?
    https://www.classicdriver.com/en/car/ferrari/488/2018/536921

469,000 Euros is the asking price. I believe 1 poster said the MSRP for France is 317,512 Euros.
    I was told by a friend very close to a LaFerrari owner that he was given the same clause to buy his LaF. Aperta; trade in the coupe or his 599 GTO.

2. agrun

agrun Formula Junior

May 24, 2009
    FLA
    I assume you are outside the US

3. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Good luck with that price, considering I gave away my allocation for free ;)
    I'm not sure how someone able to spend that kind of money would not be able to secure an allocation from a Ferrari dealer.
    This being said, a lightly optioned Pista will easily reach €350K.

The company listing the car (as used, and not new) typically imports cars from other EU countries.

4. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Oh I thought the early allocation was well vetted and ONLY loyal long standing customers were getting Pista's :confused:

5. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
  6. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    I don’t think they will be longstanding any longer if they flip their Pista.

JagShergill, Caeruleus11 and F2003-GA like this.
  7. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Rossocorsa1 likes this.
  8. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
  9. roccob01

roccob01 Rookie

Feb 22, 2015
    Coming thick and fast now

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/ferrari/488/103220/new-ferrari-488-pista-2018-review

Verdict

The Ferrari 488 Pista is a sublime machine. Despite more power and more aggression, this evolutionary leap over the 488 GTB is hilariously fun to drive and deliciously exploitable, while its lightweight, pared back and more focused nature doesn’t really compromise ride or usability. The technology and engineering that’s gone into the Pista’s development delivers on all fronts. From the enhanced chassis systems that compliment the lightweight engineering to the more potent motor, it’s a fitting next chapter for Ferrari’s mid-engined Berlinettas.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/ferrari/488-pista/first-drives/ferrari-488-pista-2018-review
    Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

JagShergill, Caeruleus11 and Bundy like this.
  10. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Was at the factory today and saw a few on the production line. I am given to understand first customers cars go to clients late June, early July.

11. ferr9000

ferr9000 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2013
    Full Name:
    SFF
    One of the first customer Pista if not the first is Giallo Triplo strato with Nero livery and full carbon fiber... it was almost completely finished yesterday.

12. Camlet1

Camlet1 Formula 3

May 3, 2014
    UK
    Absolutely. The hilarious thing is unless a Pista is flipped to a new owner in outer Mongolia, a flipped car will be rapidly spotted by one of the many excellent Insta accounts. Since each spec is as good as a fingerprint, Ferrari will know real fast.

Not Insta, but someone with a new 458 SA soon after delivery put it up on a leading indie's site for sale. Ferrari saw this the same day and called the dealer. They were given orders to go check if the car was safe in the owner's garage. The following day, the owner via the dealer, said he had driven to the indie dealer and unknown to him, the indie dealer took shots and had put it up for sale. And the 458 SA was of course not for sale.

Ferrari is on the ball.

13. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts
    JagShergill, Caeruleus11 and Camlet1 like this.
  14. twist-a-grip

twist-a-grip Karting

Oct 25, 2013
    "but it doesn’t help that the V8 is now more about getting the job done rather than the sheer pleasure of an extraordinary engine, as it was with the 458 Speciale’s operatic and awe-inspiring naturally aspirated screamer."

Dead horse still getting beaten, but had to quote the EVO article in case anyone missed it.

15. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    The GTB sounds amazing and I’m quit certain the Pista will sound even better. It also looks incredible. I really can’t find a weakness in the car.

JagShergill, Shack and Makuono like this.
  16. Makuono

Makuono Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2014
    Full Name:
    Ricardo
    “The cabin is looking old and littered with too many materials and textures” no Top Gear.

I love the interior, and its higly customizable too. Owners can chose simpler and more homogeneous specs.

Uhm ...talk about splitting hairs.

Amazing car.

JagShergill and Caeruleus11 like this.
  17. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I assume he means it's looking old because it is kinda old in style. It's very similar to a 2009 Ferrari that's he's been testing in various forms for a decade or so.

I imagine the replacement will look nothing like the 488 and be extremely modern looking.

18. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017

Given the last few comments, I am amending my statement above. I do wish the interior was a bit more of a departure from the 488 GTB. I would point to the difference between the 458 Italia and the Speciale to illustrate what I mean. For example, I always liked the knee pads on the passenger side of the Speciale. Still, it isn't like the Pista interior isn't awesome, it just could have been a greater departure from the standard model.

19. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
  20. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    I'm sure what he's referring to is the clumsy and generally outdated media interface in conjunction with using the general switching operating these systems. To not even have a touchscreen arrangement in a car like this is ridiculous and a total PIA. Sure you can put up with it the way it is, but.....why?? How did all this even happen in the first place is even more the question..

21. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    911 interface and controls have barely changed for 15 years. Could say the same about the GT2RS :)

The interface is not why I want a Pista and truthfully Waze or Google Maps on an Iphone destroy any system in a car in terms of usability. Just add Spotify etc and most car systems become redundant

22. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    The 488/pista's old fashioned interface is definitely no deal breaker - and not why I would buy one of these Pistas either - I too buy these cars for how they go!!! ...but shame it isn't at least as good as the 9912rs's interface/standard features....way easier to use. I also hear you on the phone but it's nice at this price level to have up to date media and controls. PS my 2 goes into build July. Pity I can't get a firm date on Pista!!!