Ferrari 488 Pista | Page 63 | FerrariChat

Ferrari 488 Pista

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by ilikefastcars1, Feb 20, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SCFerrari

SCFerrari F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 30, 2013
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Tailor made

of2worlds likes this.
  2. Dilusha

Dilusha Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    Are tailor made Pistas more expensive than regular Pistas? :)

3. carz80am

carz80am Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2015
    Northern Virginia/DC
    Usually, as tailor made has more options which cost more

of2worlds likes this.
  4. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    You can choose from special paint colors on hand or supply a paint sample of your own choosing. Then tailor made will use the sample to have your paint color used for your Ferrari build. More and better quality special leathers and other kinds of material can be chosen for the interior of your Ferrari. However all this specialization adds months and of course extra cost to your Ferrari build. There are perhaps less than 100 tailor made Ferrari models built for each model year. The 2017 70th Anniversary tailor made projects were an exception.

stavura, TSOYBELIS and Garretto like this.
  5. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    I'm sure there are more and more TM builds, I really can't guess a figure but my impression is that TM is at full 'production capacity' these days, so 100 per MY seems an understated estimation to me.

of2worlds likes this.
  6. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Maybe someone will comment on the build number as the question has come up before regarding the limited capacity for tm cars.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Garretto and Caeruleus11 like this.
  7. Nelsonc275

Nelsonc275 Formula 3

Sep 27, 2013
    When we went there a little more than a year ago to spec our TM Lusso they told me that they were currently doing about 120 TM cars per year but the demand for TM had already started increasing, and now I feel its increased even more so I would guess around 150-175 cars per year. Its even more difficult to schedule a TM appointment without booking it months in advance.

stavura, Garretto, Bundy and 3 others like this.
  8. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Nelson thank you very much for taking the time to share these details regarding the tailor made program!

Bundy, TSOYBELIS and Nelsonc275 like this.
  9. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    My interactions back up Chase’s #’s. About 150-200 per year, up from about 30 in 2012, 60-ish in 2013, 90-ish in 2014...

The Tailor Made team hinted that TM appointment slots may become a bit harder-to-come-by in the future. They seem to want to focus on clients who really explore design boundaries, and weed out some that do little beyond what could be honestly spec’d via the dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

of2worlds, Nelsonc275 and Garretto like this.
  10. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Brave very Brave o_O

NeilF8888 and of2worlds like this.
  11. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    Apart from the TM headquarters at Maranello, wasn't there a 'lite' TM facility in a NYC dealer? Are there maybe some others worldwide? Sure these could increase the number of TM builds.

And here my question, is it necessary to spec the car in a TM session for it to be considered TM build or for it to have TM badges? I mean, is it possible that you select some "standard" TM bits from your dealer (say colour Grigio Coburn and blue jeans upholstery) and the car is considered TM?

12. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    I think TM options are only available when using TM services inside their boutique. They do occasionally travel about and even set up shop at Pebble Beach but if anyone wants to create a TM car you really need to go to Maranello.

Garretto likes this.
  13. Dadr

Dadr Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2012
    Memphis, TN
    They are moving the New York Atelier to a larger location and they will become a full Tailor Made site next year to serve the Americas. It is to be a complete second location to Maranello.

14. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Thanks for all the details regarding tailor made builds! Perhaps we will see some unique and interesting Pista builds from the Atelier and the tailor made customers in the months ahead.

15. TSOYBELIS

TSOYBELIS F1 World Champ

Nov 30, 2005
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    SPYROS
    of2worlds likes this.
  16. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    Guys, does TM cost anything in addition to the added doo-dads one may add to the car? Is there a min amount of added TM options one must spend before the car is TM?

17. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Rule of thumb is to plan on $100k in options. Plus as someone else mentioned the idea is for you to build something unique. Once you get going though and move through the design process you can easily top $200k in options. No fee to use TM.

of2worlds, Lukeylikey and Nelsonc275 like this.
  18. Nelsonc275

Nelsonc275 Formula 3

Sep 27, 2013
    There are no direct additional costs other than going to the factory (transportation and hotels). I would highly recommend doing TM for any car that you want to hang on to for a while. We have done it twice and are doing it on our Pista as well.

of2worlds and Bundy like this.
  19. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
  20. TAM340R

TAM340R Karting

Jul 26, 2015
    I took the roll bar option, I believe that with the 4 point harness it is a must...
    I am trying to find a picture ....no luck till now ....

Thanks for your help and opinions

Tam

21. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Smart move

22. U-Boat Commander

U-Boat Commander Formula 3

Jun 7, 2008
    USA
    This is great news.

23. Dadr

Dadr Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2012
    Memphis, TN
    Bianca was very excited about the new space and how it should mirror the new Maranello TM studio, which looks fantastic. To clarify the 3 levels of building a new Ferrari:

Dealer level - client able to select from options available on the configurator plus a request to factory for special items (EC) and await confirmation can be done

Atelier level - client and designer can select from a much broader range of interior and exterior options as well as the designer knowing what can and has been approved before and will be added without question to your build. All paint options are available including exterior and interior dreamlines, liveries, colored carbon fiber, matte finishes, only one off “named for client” paints are not.

Tailor Made - anything the client imagines and can be sourced ie leathers/exotics/suiting/denim etc will be done and is predominantly for the interiors, the exterior of course will be designed to match and complement the unique interiors.

Caeruleus11 and of2worlds like this.
  24. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Bundy likes this.