Ferrari 488 Pista | Page 65 | FerrariChat

Ferrari 488 Pista

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by ilikefastcars1, Feb 20, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    I seem to recall that the company who produces these CF rims were charging around US$10k a set for general 3rd party sets. They are an Australian company.

Shadowfax, theplanner and markcs like this.
  2. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Didn't know the configurator was up and running on my dealerships web page.

So I thought I would go through it.

Things I noticed that unless you press carbon exterior they are all black parts. So can you order that way ? Even the engine bay ?

Also the option of matt carbon interior for some strange reason part of the instrument cluster and centre console goes to carbon from the alcantara ?

Also the other items like shields , horse stitching , cameras , parking sensors are missing.

The way I see it not liking carbon a PISTA would have been cheaper than the 488 GTB I ordered ?

Am I missing something ?

3. theplanner

theplanner Karting

Jul 3, 2018
    The base price comes with fair bit of CF e.g. Front Central Spoiler, Side air splitter, Rear diffuser, most of the interior is CF except the upper dash and option to go matte finish, most of the engine bay (at least the visible areas) is CF too.
    Other things which are standard includes Shields, electrochrom mirrors etc. However, it excludes radio/ nav so that is an optional extra.

The option for interior carbon, is the upper dash and matte options both must be ticked to have it. So you can't just select 1.

Also because the standard ext CF bits, it would make sense to CF everything ext to complete the look otherwise it may look out of place.

Stitching, sensors, cams are all options which are avail, but not sure about the front sensors and cam option because it gives the car a pimple & black head look on the front bumper....LOL....couple of options I'm more than glad to shy away from...

Unless your GTB is highly specced or Tailor made it is unlikely to exceed the Pista pricing, furthermore there is a requirement to spec it to a certain value otherwise your order may not be accepted.

of2worlds and Caeruleus11 like this.
  4. Robert P

Robert P Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2014
    London
    Great info - exterior rear carbon obviously needs careful thought.

Does anyone have a UK options price list?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

5. markcs

markcs Karting

Oct 23, 2016
    Pista is cheaper if you order a 488gtb with all th e standard Pista options
    Not sure about other markets but good value in Oz

MANDALAY likes this.
  6. theplanner

theplanner Karting

Jul 3, 2018
    And the only way to do so is tailor made, quite a few things not avail in standard GtB form. But in aust you can’t simply order a basic pista, I know cos I tried....lol..

of2worlds likes this.
  7. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Whats the basic price , as I never asked ? FYI I paid 580 K for my 488 GTB no carbon , stand seats , std wheels.

of2worlds and theplanner like this.
  8. theplanner

theplanner Karting

Jul 3, 2018
    U r looking about 670k (if I recall correctly) with no options drive away price but no buyer is allowed to do so (as far as I’m aware) so around the mid 700’s is the min approved spec. Adding a few essentials like lift, reverse cam, radio/nag bumps it up to 685k, add stripes and u r into 700. CF wheels are a 40k option. I think most pista will be around the high 700’s to low 800’s in aust.

9. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

I noticed on the configurator that all outside black parts a black unless you press carbon . I guess its optional , Yes I know what you mean about must have options. But ones that I like. For me no need items , lift , reverse , strip , wheels ( like the Std 488 ).

But only got the 488 GTB 3 months ago . Need to really enjoy her for a while at least. Im sure the options requirements will ease at the end.....

Im hedging that the new 488 be revealed whilst still being able to get a PISTA ?

Reveal of the PISTA is happening 20th in Melbourne . Got the invite yesterday.

theplanner likes this.
  10. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
  11. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    RWP137, BaronM69, NürScud and 15 others like this.
  12. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Stunning!! Congratulations!!!!

roma1280 likes this.
  13. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Congrats That looks Hot

roma1280 likes this.
  14. omd78

omd78 F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2005
    Breda, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Excellent choice. Congratulations.

Gr. Martin

roma1280 likes this.
  15. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Still not seeing many cars delivered with carbon wheels. In fact, I’ve only seen a photo of one customer car with that option. Does anyone know if/when the supply delays will be resolved?

16. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    I don’t often pop in this section; but this was lurking at my local dealer. Thought you might like to see.

A stunning looking car in the flesh; pictures don’t really do it justice!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

NürScud, of2worlds and Bundy like this.
  17. Camlet1

Camlet1 Formula 3

May 3, 2014
    UK
    I avoided it. I weighed it up.....so, do I take 10% more care when parking or receive 100% more irritation knowing it's there, with a super bonus of double irritation every time I walk up to my car with the front in sight.

ajr550, of2worlds, Shack and 2 others like this.
  18. nads

nads Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2008
    London, UK
    :D

19. Johnnugget

Johnnugget Karting

Jan 19, 2018
    Full Name:
    John Nugget
    i had a look at almost every picture available on the internet for deciding weather to take the sensors or not. i almost never order front camera systems, as they only might get chipped by stones. in this case, i'm going with the front sensor option. yes - they are disturbing the lines. but after some 200 photos i don't even recognise them anymore :D

of2worlds likes this.
  20. boobernackle

boobernackle Formula Junior

May 28, 2016
    #1621 boobernackle, Dec 16, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
    Yet another launch spec car the dealer ordered waiting for that "VIP" customer to walk in and force a flavor of the month car or mule BS story.

21. nads

nads Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2008
    London, UK
    How do you know? Conspiracy theories aside, maybe the actual owner just hasn't had time to collect it yet? My 812 sat at the dealer for 5 weeks before I took delivery......

22. boobernackle

May 28, 2016
    If your dealer has the allocation, you can order it however you want. In this case, your dealer wants to maximize their profit by selling the car to a customer that will load it up, as options have a significantly higher profit margin.

23. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    Same here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24. boobernackle

May 28, 2016
    Pretty sure your car wasn't a launch spec. Sold cars will usually be kept away from prying eyes too, with some sort of sign to indicate it being spoken for, especially if it's expected to get a lot of attention. These cars go through all kinds of things just getting them delivered.

Launch spec cars are easiest to flip or sell.