Ferrari 488 Pista | Page 74 | FerrariChat

Ferrari 488 Pista

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by ilikefastcars1, Feb 20, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Maybe pic dude is off on sick leave and mine is on the same boat in suez. Ive been keeping watch daily to see if pic changes...

2. markcs

markcs Karting

Oct 23, 2016
    There was an earlier post where the final pic came after the delivery ?
    Dealer should have approx delivery by now
    Mine 12May in Oz

3. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #1828 Shadowfax, Apr 28, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
    Mine was always slated for April build, due late June early July so your's must be March build?
    Your exterior is exact same as mine going by your pic. How did you spec your interior?
    And re the pics on myferrari.....have found the site very slow, unreliable and generally not easy to use. Maybe just a Ferrari thing..... clearly need to work on certain things a lot more..

of2worlds likes this.
  4. markcs

markcs Karting

Oct 23, 2016
    Interior
    Nero alcantara red accents horse stitch trim etc yellow belts yellow rev counter. Gloss carbon floorMats radio suspension lift

5. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    I am merely stating the facts mate. A stock car is as it comes from the factory. I have also posted the respective laptimes, which show that the Pista is quicker on most tracks tested. I have no problem with other cars outperforming a Ferrari. The 720 was considerably quicker than the 488. It is just not the case on this occasion.

6. BG23

BG23 Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2015
    Australia
    I am not sure how much all of this matters given they are both great cars and the performance is close.

I think arguing if the GT2RS is modified or not is semantics. It's enhanced.

Say you bet your mate $1,000 that your pista is faster than his GT2RS and you run them back to back as they were from factory. Hypothetically they run the following times
    GT2RS 1:08.7
    Pista 1:08.5

then Manthey does an alignment and and the GT2RS and it runs a 1:08.2, then an alignment is done on the pista and it does 1:08.1. Then the Porsche takes out the passenger seat, tyre repair kit and it runs a 1:07.9. Is the car still stock? Technically yes but you get the point.

Who wins the hypothetical bet? I say the pista. Does all this matter...no

Ash Patel likes this.
  7. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Interesting to note that the Lambo's brakes were fading after only 2 laps. Not good for the Ring record holder - kind of confirms all the BS with some of these tests.

SoCal to az likes this.
  8. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Seems to be a common story - found it amusing how someone here was saying recently his lambos brakes were better than a 488 or gt porsche.

9. Fixer03

Fixer03 Karting

Nov 1, 2015
  10. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    PSL said the Performante brakes weren't on par with Ferrari and Porsche in his review too. Different response from the pedal everytime he was braking hard and pads were totally done after every trackday session. Bottom line: he stopped using it on the track.

Shadowfax likes this.
  11. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Quattoruote test at Vairano (2.8km handling track, blue layout in the picture above).
    Top speed: 213.7 Km/h
    Lateral G: 1.28

488 Pista: 1.09.432 (Cup2R)
    GT2 RS: 1.08.243 (Cup2R*)
    Huracan Perf: 1.09.433
    720S Performance: 1.10.218

General data:
    Top speed: 343 Km/h
    0-100: 2.9
    0-200: 7.6
    0-300: 20.6

0-400m: 10.2s @ 232.4 Km/h
    0-1000m: 18.3s @ 289.6 Km/h

100km/h - 0: 33m / 1.19g
    200km/h - 0: 121.2m / 1.30g

Weight: 1460KG / 1587KG (in "test conditions")

* Testers say the 1s difference is mainly due to "a special version of the 2R tires, regularly sold and homologated for street use, that guarantee an outstanding grip for a couple of laps", used on the GT2 RS. So I guess those aren't exactly the same equipped on the Pista..? How many versions are available?

Shadowfax and kandi like this.
  12. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    If I recall correctly, should be Cup2R "K" tyres for Ferrari. For Porsche could be different special Cup2R tyre.

NeilF8888, Shadowfax and F140C like this.
  13. johnr265

johnr265 Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2010
    Mid-Atlantic
    Porsche uses 'N' Spec tires but not sure of the difference with K Spec. I once had a BMW with Cup2 tires and substituted the same size Mercedes Cup2 tires and they were noticeably heavier (could actually feel the difference in throttle response).

kandi, Shadowfax, F140C and 1 other person like this.
  14. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    PSL along with now two other separate assessments I've heard from actual owners confirm the brakes are not of Ferrari or Porsche standard and, most certainly not nearly as durable. I had one guy tell me at a recent rack day how he sold his after he toasted a set of ceramics after just one track day - cost him 20+k. It's ironic how the Lambo gets quoted as being best driven on a track yet it appears to be too costly to do so.

of2worlds and F140C like this.
  15. hanz

hanz Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 24, 2014
    Does anyone know how loud the Pista is in decibels? Went to a track day (Bedford Autodrome in the UK) and was told my car was too loud, cant find that info anywhere.

16. johnr265

johnr265 Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2010
    Mid-Atlantic
    The actual number is not what is important. Most tracks have specific sound stations and that is where they measure you. If you ask around the paddock, someone should know where they are. You have two real options. One is to lift off the throttle slightly as you go by the sound station. The other is to have a shop fit a curved 90 degree exhaust tip to clamp on the stock ones and point them downwards or away from the side of the sound station. Unmuffled cars use this trick to get around sound restrictions and generally it works pretty well.

of2worlds and Thecadster like this.
  17. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    At Monza with Powerslidelover
    Fast lap:

Powersliding:

ShineKen, kandi, REALZEUS and 2 others like this.
  18. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    my hero.. had the pleasure of bumping into him at Imola last year when he was there for a track day with his GT2RS

F140C likes this.
  19. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Pista looks amazing - also matt CF in the Pilota versions - great

20. cesman

cesman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 13, 2008
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Matte interior is an option available for all Pistas

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Shack likes this.
  21. kingjr9000

kingjr9000 Formula 3

Sep 16, 2014
  22. luigisayshello

luigisayshello Karting

Jul 9, 2014
    No, it's not even close to the Manthey record car (it will be tho), Manthey offers several stages so to speak.

1) Is alignment. They have 2 main setups, short track and nurburgring, the last being both road and track friendly.

2) Is brake upgrade, that consists on a pad upgrade that Porsche center offers too, braided lines and brake fluid for track (basic 101 track prep for safety for literally any car that will do a track day).
    In the braking package you can spec iron rotors instead of ceramic, they perform almost the same but at a fraction of the cost.
    Another upgrade available is water tank expansion, basically a bigger water tank, that lasts around the same as the fuel.
    And the last thing is the gt3rs uprights that had a steeper angle of attack. Not much but makes a bit more downforce.

3) Is KW competition coilovers. This is half the responsible of the record time. It's brilliant. This alone would throw the gt2 rs on the video much closer to the senna time.

4) Is all the above + the aero package. This is what the record car had.

What the gt2 rs on the video had was thalignmentent and the 2) set of options. Pads, maybe uprightsalignmentent, brake coolant and water tank.
    Right now I think that car is having the full MR kit, KW aero package, full hog. That will be nice to see against the Senna.

P.S. if anyone here goes to the track, for some proper hot laps with a pista without upgrading pads, brake coolant and an alignment after suspension settles, you deserve what you will get.

of2worlds and xskier like this.
  23. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Thanks for the answers. I imagined there were different 'specs' of the same tire, but I wasn't completely sure about it.

24. xskier

xskier Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2013
    Would like to ad one things:
    Manthey offers also magnesium rims, wich are, according to them a little bit lighter than the stock magnesium rims from the WeissachPacket from Porsche. (wasnt aware of that they look quit simular)

of2worlds likes this.
  25. luigisayshello

luigisayshello Karting

Jul 9, 2014
    The wheels make very little difference both in design and weight (2 digit grams if that), that's why I didn't specified it. But good thing you said it, because I remembered that they offer a different rear cage as well as a very good front cage extension (that by the way the record car wasn't using). As well as the seat inserts and r cup seats and a couple of kinematic tidbits for an more extreme alignment.

A side note, in Europe those poor spec gt2 rs without cage, lift and with sofa seats that are extremely cheap vs normal specced gt2rs are looking rather tasty for an full MR spec. Costs slightly more than Weissach for a much bigger performance increase as well as rarity.

of2worlds likes this.