Ferrari 500 TRC 0698 MDTR | FerrariChat

Ferrari 500 TRC 0698 MDTR

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Julio Batista, Feb 4, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Julio Batista

Julio Batista Formula 3

Dec 22, 2005
    Does anybody have news about this car? Is the current owner known? I have a lot of original material about this car (pictures, bills) that might interest him.

Cheers,

Julio

2. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    I sold it 1 July 1997 to J. W. Marriott in Chevy Chase/MD/USA, owner of the Marriott Hotel chain. Mr. Marriott still owns it today.
    Marcel Massini

3. Bertocchi

Bertocchi Formula 3
    Consultant

Jan 28, 2004
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    David Castelhano
    Was this the car that was owned by David Tunick in Greenwich, CT for many years?

4. davidcarte

davidcarte Rookie

Mar 4, 2005
    Hello Julio, The car is presently in Potomac Maryland with JW Marriott Jr. I have worked for Mr. Marriott since 1980. I restored 0698 back in 1983. Mr. Marriott sold the car at auction in Monaco in 1991 and bought it back in 1997. We would be happy to hear about anything you may have. I still handle Mr. Marriott's cars. You can reach me at [email protected].
    I look forward to hearing from you. Many Thanks, David Carte

5. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    No, Dave Tunick's was 0664 MDTR. It went from Seymour Lauretz to Tunick and to Joel Eric Finn.
    Marcel Massini

6. MJarrettR

MJarrettR Formula 3

Apr 14, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Jarrett Rothmeier
    Hi Marcel and David,

Do either of you know the exact years any of the above owners had 0664MDTR? I show Lauretz getting 0664MDTR in 1963 and selling it to Tunick sometime in the 1960s, then Finn selling it in 1976 to Bob Sutherland. Don't know when Sutherland sold it, but it eventualy went through some dealers and I guess ended up with Giuseppe Lucchini in 1994 (?). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

-Jarrett

7. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Jarrett
    May 1963 0664 MDTR went to Lauretz in Santa Monica/CA. He repainted it from red to black. February 1964 sold by Lauretz to Tunick. 1973 sold thru Finn to Bob Sutherland. 1980 to Rudy Pas, then thru broker Massimo Colombo of Monaco and Liberia to Giuseppe Lucchini in Brescia.
    Marcel Massini

8. TUNICK

TUNICK Rookie

Jun 5, 2017
    Marcel,
    this is Stephen Tunick, son of David Tunick, Car Collector,
    I am working on a website about my father's collection, it's my first effort at such

I've read your going back and forth on Ferrari Chat, with various people regarding the 500 TRC that we owned.

Is it determined that the same car with the same motor as we had it, - exists today
    and given your immense knowledge (iv'e recently seen your press ) perhaps you would please tell me the whereabouts of our 860 Monza we owned , the 340 Spyder America , and for **** kicks how about our Maserati 8CLT that Finn also bought.

I don't believe we have met, - I appreciate your account of history, as I do and my father did

Stephen M. Tunick

9. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Stephen,
    you mean the Maserati 8CTF... (not 8CTL)? The ex-8CTF of Joel Finn, chassis #3031 is owned since 3 years in Germany.

10. TUNICK

TUNICK Rookie

Jun 5, 2017
    Marcel,
    It is hard to believe here it is March 2019 and I just discovered your answer to the question I posed in 2005
    Can you tell me and the world at this time

about my father DAVID TUNICK’s collection of Italian racing cars.

The 860 Monza, 500 TRC, the 340 Spyder America, the Maserati 8 CTF , I believe you said, not an 8CLT ,
    although I recall it having a tube chassis, AND our OSCA Maserati 750 that Denise McCluggage drove and Luigi Chinetti may have sponsored her in . I am building out a website and trying to write a book about my fathers extraordinary collection.
    go to ,
    tunickbros.com
    If you’re interested I have thousands of pictures of cars my father saw. The best Cars around the world.

I sincerely look forward to your response thank you so much for your commitment and excellence

Yours,
    Stephen M. Tunick

[email protected] Or [email protected]

11. TUNICK

TUNICK Rookie

Jun 5, 2017
    Marcel,
    It is hard to believe here it is March 2019 and I just discovered your answer to the question I posed in 2005
    Can you tell me and the world at this time

about my father DAVID TUNICK’s collection of Italian racing cars.

The 860 Monza, 500 TRC, the 340 Spyder America, the Maserati 8 CTF , I believe you said, not an 8CLT ,
    although I recall it having a tube chassis, AND our OSCA Maserati 750 that Denise McCluggage drove and Luigi Chinetti may have sponsored her in . I am building out a website and trying to write a book about my fathers extraordinary collection.
    go to ,
    tunickbros.com
    If you’re interested I have thousands of pictures of cars my father saw. The best Cars around the world.

I sincerely look forward to your response thank you so much for your commitment and excellence

Yours,
    Stephen M. Tunick

[email protected] Or [email protected]

375+ likes this.
  12. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Stephen,
    as of the Maserati 8CTF it was me and not Marcel who replied to your post....

13. TUNICK

TUNICK Rookie

Jun 5, 2017
    Thank you all.

VISIT tunickbros.com for a website devoted to the cars of David Tunick,
    I am also starting work on a book about his collection