Ferrari 512 BB | FerrariChat

Ferrari 512 BB

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Johan_tukker, Jan 13, 2023.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Johan_tukker

Johan_tukker Rookie

May 4, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Johan
    My 512 BB # 35653 was originally delivered by "Auto Becker" in Germany, Dusseldorf,first registered on 01-08-1981, matching, complete, totally original, with original 28.600 km, books and tools, it was for a short time registered in Switserland by the German owner, does anybody have any historical information about my 512 BB?, whatever, I want to complete my information about my great BB

2. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    #2 miurasv, Jan 13, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2023
    You've probably seen this in link here.

Pictured with non original wide wheels and wheel arch extensions in 2007.

3. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    it depends on what you like to know?
    you post says nothing about if there have been more owners than only this one how bought it from auto becker and then registered in CH. so if you like to know if more owners you may contact the german KBA ( kraftfahrtbundesamt ) in flensburg. they have all documents.
    about services it should be easy to check when you have all the paperworks.
    so I not know what you like to know also about your car?

4. Johan_tukker

Johan_tukker Rookie

May 4, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Johan
    thanks

5. Johan_tukker

Johan_tukker Rookie

May 4, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Johan
    Thanks, I will write to the KBA, I keep you all informed, greets Johan.

6. mechaniker

mechaniker Formula Junior
    Owner

May 30, 2004
    Germany
    On the pictures in the link, I can see, that the aux. lights are NOT in the "korrekt sherman" position. On the frame, there should be another pair of mountin holes (they are 90 degree bendet forward, out of memory).

Also, you have BBi outside mirrors. Aftermarket Exhaust.

What I still find interesting is, that some german delivered BBs have rear fog lights and some not (proved to be factory correct, same as the BBi later), and yours do not have these.

I would be interested in the engine, gearbox, and body number.

7. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    in germany the law says that vehicles with more than 3 wheels faster than 60 km/h and first registration after the 31.12.1990 must have a rear fog light. before it was optional. so I think F just used this what they had in stock, nevertheless if for germany or other conutry

it would be great if some here could post such date as in germany how it is in other countries

8. Johan_tukker

Johan_tukker Rookie

May 4, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Johan
    My 512 BB is "classiche certified", totally original, every detail of the car is inspected, and it is and was totally matching and original, the only thing I wanted to know is when exactly it was registered in Switserland, that's all, and turbo-joe thanks for your advice, I will contact the KBA.

9. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    you have a copy of the swiss "fahrzeugausweis"? there it stands when it was registered in switzerland. or you know in what "kanton" ( state ) the car was registered? and also know perhaps the licens plate number?
    you may also contact the old owner

10. mechaniker

mechaniker Formula Junior
    Owner

May 30, 2004
    Germany
    Did I piss you off with my comment?

11. Johan_tukker

Johan_tukker Rookie

May 4, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Johan
    No, real Ferrari collectors, owners or just Ferrari-lovers are always welcome to visit me in Holland and have a look at my collection, no problem, I do not share more " numbers" in this Forum, just like that, so not pissed off, greets Johan

mechaniker likes this.